Best Buy: $1 off ANY games w/ in store pick up

poker360

Banned
This is something that i have seen work in the past for movies, but never noticed it working on games. I've tried multiple games already released as well as pre orders and it works fine.

Basically, choose shipping in your cart and then at checkout it will say save $1 with in store pick up.

Makes pre orders 46.99, or a dollar off any game. Tried it on a game less than 10 bucks and it still took the dollar off.

If old, I apologise I've just never seen this before on games.

Unless it's on your way you probably spend more in gas than you save
I always walk to bestbuy on my break at work to pick up my games anyways, so gas isnt an issue, i'm gonna be getting 5 more games the rest of the year from best buy so thats 5 dollars saved for me.

It helps a small bit, and is potentially useful if you are near one, either by work, home, or commute in between. Even though I already preordered a few games without knowing this little bit, I'll try it in the future.

Interesting. They refused to give it to me on my last three preorders (White Day, RE7: GotY, Senran Kagura: PBS). Eh, it's just a buck each, but it would be nice if they'd be more consistent.
It wont work on SenranKagura:pBS because they want to see the guy picking this up lolololol

Useful to me because I usually do in-store pickup for a completely non-CAG reason: so the delivery of a game isn’t in my wife’s view to see just how many games I buy. ;)

Useful to me because I usually do in-store pickup for a completely non-CAG reason: so the delivery of a game isn’t in my wife’s view to see just how many games I buy. ;)
Hah! I have it shipped to me for the same reason. If I had to go to Bestbuy to pick it up, my girlfriend would wonder why I'm getting home so late. Instead I have my games shipped to my mom's house and swing by there to pick them up since it's on the way. :)

Lol, I'm just imagining your wife worrying you are having an affair on your 12th trip to Best Buy and then you sobbing, "It's only video games!". Just made me laugh.

Awesome, I had no idea, and I pickup all my games as well. Good for new purchases, amazing for those $16-20 w/ gcu deals.

I've never had an experience like that...  Usually there's at least one person manning to the counter and they tend to find my item right away...  I usually do in-store pickup instead of just grabbing it off the shelf because I'm in and out faster than waiting in a regular checkout line...

Thanks for the heads up! I did not know this! I'm glad because I live less than a mile away from one, and I like to walk into the store and pick it up as opposed to having it shipped to my house days later. Will be taking advantage of this :)

Just a heads up with this, when shipping Best Buy seems to use the cheapest tax bracket in your state, whereas your local store may be higher. I attempted this on a $48 game and the tax difference was $1 more to pick up in my local store vs. shipping, thus nullifying this bonus.

Just a heads up with this, when shipping Best Buy seems to use the cheapest tax bracket in your state, whereas your local store may be higher. I attempted this on a $48 game and the tax difference was $1 more to pick up in my local store vs. shipping, thus nullifying this bonus.
I can't speak for where you live, but in New York, they use the tax bracket of wherever you ship the item. My mom lives in an 8% county and I live in a 7%, and have shipped things to both places, and they adjust the tax accordingly.

Save a dollar only to have no one at in store pick up, then fumble fuck around for 20 minutes finding your game. No thanks.
Store pickup at the BB by my house is really good. Right by the front door. Never had an issue. The one near my job is over by customer service. Can always find someone to help but not nearly as nice as having it right at the front door.

Is this a joke. It's $1 off. I make $1 every 1.6 minutes at work.
If I don't get 5 cents off for my canvas bags at Target I get piiiiiissssssed.

This is cheapassgamer get the fuck outta here with your humblebrags about your salary. This deal is for us serfs who want the absolute lowest price - even if it's just a dollar less.

If I don't get 5 cents off for my canvas bags at Target I get piiiiiissssssed.

This is cheapassgamer get the fuck outta here with your humblebrags about your salary. This deal is for us serfs who want the absolute lowest price - even if it's just a dollar less.
$1 AND some 5 cents off? Oh hell yeah boiii, someone's going dollar menu splurging tonight!

Save a dollar only to have no one at in store pick up, then fumble fuck around for 20 minutes finding your game. No thanks.
The Best Buy closest to my house is like this all the time. Went in there last Friday to pick up Project Cars 2 and waited for 15 minutes only for them to tell me to come back tomorrow since we haven't got it of the order yet. I'll end up going to any other Best Buy before going to that one ever again.

Edit: Also I pre-ordered it 3 days before for in store pickup too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still seeing it on both of those.
Hmmm weird, so I messed with the Best Buy app a bit and it seems to be an opt-in kinda thing only for me - meaning the offer only activates if I select shipping first and only then does the $1 off indicator appear for in-store pickup. If the order defaults to in-store, there is no discount for me until I swap back and forth between shipping and in-store.

The Best Buy closest to my house is like this all the time. Went in there last Friday to pick up Project Cars 2 and waited for 15 minutes only for them to tell me to come back tomorrow since we haven't got it of the order yet. I'll end up going to any other Best Buy before going to that one ever again.

Edit: Also I pre-ordered it 3 days before for in store pickup too.
Not trying to combat you on this, but did you get a confirmation? For in-store pickup orders placed online, they notify you when it’s ready to go... not sure if they offer the same service for preorders placed in-store.

Not trying to combat you on this, but did you get a confirmation? For in-store pickup orders placed online, they notify you when it’s ready to go... not sure if they offer the same service for preorders placed in-store.
Yep got a confirmation and everything too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back