Best Buy, $10 off $75 or more...

I got one as well. Specifically it's:

"$10 off instantly, when you buy $75 in video games and video accessories"

Exclusions:

"Excludes video game hardware, special order, clearance, Outlet Center items, demo and open-box items"

does anyone know if this will work with a gta preorder? or can you only preorder with 5 dollars and no more than that.

i dont think you can pay for the whole gta in full....i remember doing that like 5 years ago with coupons and it would work but i think now u have to just pay 5 and i think they offer to put the rest on a giftcard for you (their way of taking our money without actually taking it...yet)

but just in case that bby link runs out cause they have in the past been only for a certain amount of clicks..here is one that wont run out for sure

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/ogrenator/bbycoup.jpg

I got the email as well. It's pretty sneaky, since the email says "April Games" but doesn't specify "April Games (except all the good ones)"

Hey I got this same coupon. I'm gonna go to best buy today and see if I can use it to preorder GTA. I'll update u guys later ....

I got pumped when I saw this. Figured I'd use it with Mario Kart Wii and GTA4. Then I see it expires 4/24. So, it is worthless for me.

You can't pre-order a game at Best Buy for anything more than the $5 unless a manager is willing to over-ride the price for you. I've never tried it, but then again I never bother pre-ordering. My Best Buy always has TONS of copies of new releases.

Normally with a coupon like this, I'll buy a new game ($60) along with a $20 Xbox 360 Points card. It's almost like getting the points for free.

damn!! where was this last week when i ordered halo 3 and GTA4. BTW if you buy GTA4 BB charges the full amount. At least they did with my order.

[quote name='SirMikael']Normally with a coupon like this, I'll buy a new game ($60) along with a $20 Xbox 360 Points card. It's almost like getting the points for free.[/QUOTE]

It would make the points 50% off, not free.
Still, it's a good deal.

[quote name='KueMan10']Could I buy a game with this and then return it later for GTA? Anyone tried this before?[/quote]

If it works like Reward Zone coupons, it divides the discount across als items so you would still come up short when trying to buy GTAIV.

[quote name='jacknicklson']If it works like Reward Zone coupons, it divides the discount across als items so you would still come up short when trying to buy GTAIV.[/quote]

Actually, from past experience the $10 off is all taken off one item. Although for me it has been a crapshoot as to which one. Some people say the first, some say the second, but I've had it go both ways, no matter what order they are scanned in. This is sometimes inconvenient when it comes to pricematching a price drop on one of the items later.

[quote name='splintercell']Actually, from past experience the $10 off is all taken off one item. Although for me it has been a crapshoot as to which one. Some people say the first, some say the second, but I've had it go both ways, no matter what order they are scanned in. This is sometimes inconvenient when it comes to pricematching a price drop on one of the items later.[/quote]

does the reciept say 10$ off 75$?

Does anyone know if this would work with a purchase of Rockband special addition? I also have a $10 reward certificate I could use with it.

[quote name='barom']does the reciept say 10$ off 75$?[/quote]

I think it says - under the one item that gets the discount - something like "with $10 off", with no mention of the $75.

[quote name='Shankel']Does anyone know if this would work with a purchase of Rockband special addition? I also have a $10 reward certificate I could use with it.[/quote]

Not sure if anything has changed recently, but around the time Rock Band came out there was one of these coupons, and I used it with no problem.

You probably won't be able to get a preorder with this, because for preorders at BB you basically buy a $5 token (and pay tax on it), then RETURN the token when you buy the game. And some random stock boy takes a copy off the shelf. At least that's what they did for Lost Odyssey. If you have the coupon when you pick the game up, no problem, but since I assume you're all thinking GTA, then you are probably out of luck.

I might use this on xbox live subscription, one xbox live points, and wii points. This is sweet since I can use the bb $50 gift card.

Unless someone know where I can get a live subscription cheaper?

[quote name='NTolerance']Are there any other coupons that can be stacked w/ this? I'd love to put a 10% off mover's coupon on top of it...[/quote]

Coupon states..."Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers."

And with regards to GTAIV pre-orders...."Valid on in-stock items only."

Of course it all depends on the person at the checkout and what the scanner code tells them.

bread's done
Back