Best Buy 10% off Coupon (10/6/10 - 10/11/10) Silver Premier (10/6/10 - 10/17/10)

[quote name='Railbird13']Under Best Buy's website, the $99 Move Bundle, Move Controller, and Navigation Controller are under the 'Accessories' grouping, so I'm assuming it will .... I hope so, I was planning on using this coupon towards those items this week[/QUOTE]

Anyone know what Best Buy's return policy is on the Move Controllers? I have them on order at Amazon, and was going to take advantage of their loose return policy just in case we didn't get on with them. The 10% coupon gets rid of Amazon's no-tax price advantage, so if Best Buy will take them back, I might as well just buy them from there.

I'm pretty sure the bundles with games would be non-returnable due to the software - I'm just after the controllers on their own.

I plan to price match a blu ray which will make it a few dollars cheaper at BB. Will the coupon work after the price match? Thanks.

[quote name='D0RC']I plan to price match a blu ray which will make it a few dollars cheaper at BB. Will the coupon work after the price match? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Won't work I've tried it's and either or sorry

[quote name='Jcaugustine']For those that still do not know by now...

The coupon DOES NOT work on *sale* items for the week (which is still lame).

Example:

"Oh my goodness! Iron Man 2 Combo Pack is on sale for $19.99 this week! I'm going to use this 10% off coupon too! Oh wait... it doesn't work. Not so goodness after all, sad face."[/QUOTE]

Is it in the register itself which blocks it working? Or the cashier? I wanted to get the Theatrical Cut of Grindhouse Blu-ray Disc set that comes out on Tuesday and is on sale for $22.99, and because I want the Blu-ray discs of the extended versions of Death Proof and Planet Terror too (the Theatrical Cut Blu-ray is the only way to get all of the fake trailers) those are on sale this week for $9.99 and Evil Dead 1 Blu-ray Disc is on sale for $9.99 as well, and the only thing I wanted to get that is NOT on sale are a pack of new Rock Band drum silencers which would be considered "Video Game Accessories." I got the coupons in the mail I was going to TRY to do 3 of the 5 things I wanted at one Best Buy with the mail coupon and the other 2 things at a different Best Buy with a printout of the cell phone coupon, should I just give up now and just use the mail coupon on the not on sale video game accessory only? Does it hurt my Reward Zone account if they catch me using two of the same coupons or trying to use a coupon on something I shouldn't be able to (assuming it's the cashier that has the power to approve or disapprove the coupon)?

Anyone ever use these and have them work on headsets? I am looking at buying the Tritton AX720's and would buy them there if so.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']For those that still do not know by now...

The coupon DOES NOT work on *sale* items for the week (which is still lame).

Example:

"Oh my goodness! Iron Man 2 Combo Pack is on sale for $19.99 this week! I'm going to use this 10% off coupon too! Oh wait... it doesn't work. Not so goodness after all, sad face."[/QUOTE]

Actually, many times those coupons will work still if an item is on sale so it's worth a try. Like what I want to buy is a clearanced Band Hero bundle but it should still work.

[quote name='Lordd_G']Coupon says I have to show them my phone? What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

Access the link on your phone, duh.

Just got back from Best Buy.

I was able to use a printed copy (no phone) to get 10% off the Castlevania Limited edition (360) today. I was worried about it being a day early, but there were no issues at the register.

How do you get this code originally? It seems like they have texted me the links to this type of coupon before, but not this time.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Just got back from Best Buy.

I was able to use a printed copy (no phone) to get 10% off the Castlevania Limited edition (360) today. I was worried about it being a day early, but there were no issues at the register.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this might be YMMV for today, but anyone else have success using these coupons today?

[quote name='Railbird13']I'm sure this might be YMMV for today, but anyone else have success using these coupons today?[/QUOTE]

Used the coupon on Castlevania Limited Edition this morning. No problems at all.

My BB didn't let me use the coupon early, nor even try to enter the code into the system, got the Move Starter Kit for 5 off by talking to the Mgr about it. He said that he doesn't think the 10% off will work with the Start Kit as its considered 'hardware', but I'm not 100% sure about it. If someone does get the Starter Kit and is successful getting 10 off, let me know so I can go back and get my other 5 off and hopefully get another Move controller

[quote name='Railbird13']My BB didn't let me use the coupon early, nor even try to enter the code into the system, got the Move Starter Kit for 5 off by talking to the Mgr about it. He said that he doesn't think the 10% off will work with the Start Kit as its considered 'hardware', but I'm not 100% sure about it. If someone does get the Starter Kit and is successful getting 10 off, let me know so I can go back and get my other 5 off and hopefully get another Move controller[/QUOTE]

Plan on trying to use the coupon to pick up an extra Move controller tomorrow...if they have them in stock.

Not sure it will help you but I basically got 20% off the starter bundle and a game (EyePet for the kids) on Sunday. I took both to Customer Service and showed them this week's ToysRUs ad which is a free $25 gift card with any $125 purchase of Move products. At first they told me they couldn't price match a gift card at which point I pulled up their PM policy on my iPhone. I read them the FAQ question relating to gift cards, they checked with the manager, then gave me $25 off my purchase right then and there. I'm quite happy with the deal. Would have preferred to do the bundle and a controller but they were sold out of the controllers on Sunday. Worked out OK...the kids love Eyepet...

Now to find another controller...

I work at a very small BB in Cali, so this coupon doesn't effect me to greatly on games or accessories. What it does and hopefully will work on is the MSP cards? Anybody try to buy point cards? If so how'd it go?

[quote name='MiddKid']Plan on trying to use the coupon to pick up an extra Move controller tomorrow...if they have them in stock.

Not sure it will help you but I basically got 20% off the starter bundle and a game (EyePet for the kids) on Sunday. I took both to Customer Service and showed them this week's ToysRUs ad which is a free $25 gift card with any $125 purchase of Move products. At first they told me they couldn't price match a gift card at which point I pulled up their PM policy on my iPhone. I read them the FAQ question relating to gift cards, they checked with the manager, then gave me $25 off my purchase right then and there. I'm quite happy with the deal. Would have preferred to do the bundle and a controller but they were sold out of the controllers on Sunday. Worked out OK...the kids love Eyepet...

Now to find another controller...[/QUOTE]

Hi Midkidd, Which particular FAQ question were you referring to? my BB refused to PM the KMart offer so I was wondering whether I can point the same FAQ question to them.

@david12795
The coupon reads "ALL REGULAR-PRICED MUSIC, MOVIES, TV-DVDS...."
Therefor I don't see why a steel book blu-ray should be disqualified from the 10% off, as long as its not on sale or has some sort of promo.

FYI BB has the 3-disc copy of Iron Man 2 on blu-ray for $19.99, excellent price for only being released what 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='zenquix']Hi Midkidd, Which particular FAQ question were you referring to? my BB refused to PM the KMart offer so I was wondering whether I can point the same FAQ question to them.[/QUOTE]

I pulled up this page on my phone:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050013.c?id=pcmcat204400050013

and then read them the following FAQ question:
"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase? The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

I showed it to the Customer Service rep, she sent another rep to go talk to the Manager, then she came back and gave me the $25 discount. Never had to talk to the Manager or show him/her the policy. YMMV, of course. I was pretty happy to walk away with the bundle and Eyepet for $115...

[quote name='Falcon Sweet']@david12795
The coupon reads "ALL REGULAR-PRICED MUSIC, MOVIES, TV-DVDS...."
Therefor I don't see why a steel book blu-ray should be disqualified from the 10% off, as long as its not on sale or has some sort of promo.

FYI BB has the 3-disc copy of Iron Man 2 on blu-ray for $19.99, excellent price for only being released what 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

making sure, i heard BB were always strict when it comes to these coupons.

making sure, i heard BB were always strict when it comes to these coupons./QUOTE]
Not sure about your location, the location I work at is generally at the managers digression, although I generally just give people what they want since 10% is hardly anything no need in getting managers involved or having an upset customer.

It should be interesting when I go into my own job asking for 10% off Microsoft point cards:lol:

Just got a Text message 25% off one item at Best Buy signed up today. Glad I did not text STOP. Good on just about everything except Sale items. Apple iPad here I come.

[quote name='MrYouTube']Just got a Text message 25% off one item at Best Buy signed up today. Glad I did not text STOP. Good on just about everything except Sale items. Apple iPad here I come.[/QUOTE]

apple products do no count towards any coupons, or at least that's what i've heard

[quote name='MrYouTube']Just got a Text message 25% off one item at Best Buy signed up today. Glad I did not text STOP. Good on just about everything except Sale items. Apple iPad here I come.[/QUOTE]

Signed up for RZ or what?

Is it a bonus for signing up for something? If so, I'm getting a new camera tomorrow if I can get that text. :D

Any way for anyone else to get this now?

what's the url link & code #?

If you can respond with proof, then that's awesome, 25% is huge, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and call shenanigans on this. I've been shopping at BB for years, a Premier Silver member for a few of those, and they've never sent me anything close to 25%.

:spam:

Oh yeah, they sent me 10% off coupons in the mail, too. Valid Oct. 6-10.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the use of the coupon for PS Move a YMMV? I have been waiting for my Toys r us to reopen after they moved locations. I have gift cards to BB and this would workout better if the 10% off works rather than getting it from TRU.

[quote name='unopepito06']If you can respond with proof, then that's awesome, 25% is huge, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and call shenanigans on this. I've been shopping at BB for years, a Premier Silver member for a few of those, and they've never sent me anything close to 25%.[/QUOTE]
That's like the thread on SD where one guy claimed the same thing, and anytime anyone asks about the coupon, he just vaguely says "just wait, it'll come". I have never seen a BB RZ 25% off coupon, so this is either super new and limited, or a nice dream.

[quote name='Apostle22']So is the use of the coupon for PS Move a YMMV? I have been waiting for my Toys r us to reopen after they moved locations. I have gift cards to BB and this would workout better if the 10% off works rather than getting it from TRU.[/QUOTE]

it should work being an accessory. Might not work on the system bundle tho. Best method is to try and scan it through.

Best Buy by me has Mafia II : Collector's Edition for $59.99. It clearly says Collector's Edition on the card where the price is. Might use this coupon to bump it down to $54. Good deal if you ask me. They also have the Collector's Edition of Castlevania by the regular games. Wonder if I can get them to honor that one for $59.99 too???

bread's done
Back