Best Buy $10 off God Of War Collection w/GOW3 pre-order.

Kstyle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Looks as if Best Buy has just received its stock of God of War 3 preorder boxes. Supporting both versions of the title, Best Buy is offering a 10$ savings on the purchase of God of War Collection and also the preorder will net you the much talk about E3 2009 demo (be on the look out for my impressions soon, and a nice surprise). Get out there and preorder the Ultimate Edition while the supplies last. *to get 10$ off the collection you must purchase the God of War 3 preorder at the same time.

---------------------------------------------------------------
source: http://www.chooseadifficulty.com/2009/11/best-buy-god-of-war-preorders-arrive/
---------------------------------------------------------------

Rerseve Both GOD OF WAR 3 and Collection at same time
then they give you $10 discount on collection on final purchase of collection

Dont forget, In this way you can get TWO of the DeMo (GOW 3) code
Get the Collection for 29.99 (NEW)

Since God of War 3 comes out march of next year
Just cancel it after getting GOW collection lol

(need $10 for reserving both collection and GOW 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
11/19 (update)- Just went today to pick this up Oddly they couldn't find the shipement! [release day was tuesday :( need to get their act together] :( So I had to go to the next store took the GOW collection to CS counter w/ reciept they knocked off $5 off the game and refunded the $5 for the preorder.

SO I'm guessing this is a "fake" preorder so they can tell how many copies to buy and it's actually first come first serve. Because I'm willing to bet if I go to pick up my copy and they use the reciept to pick up I'm going to be accused of returning the perorder.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^yeah, I can agree with you on that. MW2 was the first game I've ever seen where they were keeping it at the counter in customer service. And the fact that the promotion doesn't work properly is also discomforting, something is definitely up!

I can pretty much confirm its in stock at most retail locations in the area I'm in.

Just got back from bb they wouldn't give me 10off instead they told me they would send me a 10 gift card ... So I had them pricematch toys r us instead

I bought this with the $10 off deal - the cashier forgot to ring up the game and totaled me at $30 with the blu-ray and PC game I had.. had to tell her she forgot something. Oops.

Okay, wait. I'm a little confused.
What are you actually being charged for if BB actually does this deal?
Is it $40 for GOWC and $10 for GOW3, or do they charge you the full price of GOW3?
Or are my numbers off?

[quote name='fenixrisingxl']Okay, wait. I'm a little confused.
What are you actually being charged for if BB actually does this deal?
Is it $40 for GOWC and $10 for GOW3, or do they charge you the full price of GOW3?
Or are my numbers off?[/QUOTE]

If you do it instore, they charge you $29.99 for God of War Collection, and $5 for a reserve on God of War 3 Regular or Ultimate Edition. Making the total $35.

You could then technically go straight to customer service and get a refund on that $5 if you want, that is if you don't plan on buying GoW3 at BB.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Is the ultimate edition of GoW3 going to be uber rare or something?[/QUOTE]
I doubt it will be any more rare than the Prestige edition of MW2. The fact that this is God of War III, the demand for the pandora's box edition will likely be high.

[quote name='m3s0koo1']Just got back from bb they wouldn't give me 10off instead they told me they would send me a 10 gift card ... So I had them pricematch toys r us instead[/QUOTE]

Yeah they had to manually enter in the discount. The guy pretty much took my word for it. For split second I wanted to say "did I say 10 off I mean 20"...

[quote name='Temidien']Are there any advantages to preordering through BB aside from this? Sorry, I'd look it up, but I'm driving :p[/QUOTE]

For me its the fact BB websites charges me tax, not to mention Ive grown to loathe that store since circut city closed so I dont shop with them anymore. They sell nothing I cant find cheaper online and get free shipping with, most of their stuff I can get at other local stores for less as well anyway.

I went with amazon because they have free shipping and a bonus downloadable skin for 89 also on the pre-order (not a big deal but beats nothing extra). Plus I like amazon better.

FWIW, this deal is still in effect. I picked up GOW:Collection yesterday (29.99) + Preorder GOW:III ($5.) After the $10 discount, my copy of GOW:Collection was $19.99 + tax.

you can cancel your preorder and get your money back too. if you wait past 30 days (or 45 with silver rewards) you'll have to settle for a gift card for your reimbursement.

I've been debating as well. $20 is a good price but once GoW III ships, that may be the MSRP for the collection.

Wow...for $20 & being able to cancel the pre-order, this sounds like prime time to jump on the GOW collection. I was debating between this & Brutal Legend for $20...hmm...

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Wow...for $20 & being able to cancel the pre-order, this sounds like prime time to jump on the GOW collection. I was debating between this & Brutal Legend for $20...hmm...[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already played the God of War games then there should be no debate. $20 is a steal for the collection.

I believe this is dead now; I just called my local BB to ask if they were still doing this, and they said they're no longer taking pre-orders for GoW3, and therefore can't give $10 off GoWC.

Well I guess that answers that then (if they are no longer taking GOW preorders). I was gonna jump on it last night, but my closest BB was sold out of GOW collections...or so I thought.

That BB has the laziest bastards for a night crew that I have ever seen. It's literally a night & day difference between shopping in there in the day time v.s. evening. I needed help finding GOW because it wasn't on the shelf...so I FINALLY found someone to help. He & a co-worker were playing Madden on the display tv in the store. I also asked him to check the price on some strategy guides that weren't marked. He looked on the back @ the MSRP price & told me that was the price until I insisted that he scan it to make sure. :roll:

Although online it showed they had GOW collection in stock before I left home, he tells me if it isn't on the shelf they don't have it. The store was closing so I didn't press the issue much further. So I decided on picking up Brutal Legend for $20 w/ the RZ coupon. I go up the registers & see no one @ all @ first, then I see a cashier leaving the checkout area w/ her jacket in her hand. She tells me to go to customer service to check out. I go there, they tell me to go to the front to check out. :roll:

I then tell them that she told me to go to the customer service desk to check out. They look confused & chatter amongst themselves about it & have to track down a cashier help me check out. If @ all possible, I will try to refrain from returning to that store after late afternoon hours.

Today I saw some pre-orders in Best Buy today for GoW III - had both the regular and Ultimate editions available.

... so I had taken advantage of this deal.

Originally, I was not going to pick up GoW3, even though I had pre-ordered it for this deal.

Now, I am likely going to pick it up.

Question: Can you pickup your Pre-order at a DIFFERENT Best Buy than you pre-ordered it from?

I want to pick it up on Tuesday near my work, rather than at the one I pre-ordered.

Thanks!

[quote name='flix1']... so I had taken advantage of this deal.

Originally, I was not going to pick up GoW3, even though I had pre-ordered it for this deal.

Now, I am likely going to pick it up.

Question: Can you pickup your Pre-order at a DIFFERENT Best Buy than you pre-ordered it from?

I want to pick it up on Tuesday near my work, rather than at the one I pre-ordered.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure either the pre-order box, or the receipt state that it has to be picked up at the same store it was pre-ordered. I was kind of bummed, because I pre-ordered at a store that is not going to be open at midnight, so I'll have to wait until the next day.

[quote name='cplater']I'm pretty sure either the pre-order box, or the receipt state that it has to be picked up at the same store it was pre-ordered. I was kind of bummed, because I pre-ordered at a store that is not going to be open at midnight, so I'll have to wait until the next day.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it does state that, but I was wondering if anyone has ever tried (or been successful) picking it up at another store?

bread's done
Back