Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Das_Regal" post="12385079" timestamp="1420410737"]Thank you very much... Now to decide what I'm going to get since Bloodborne isn't on there. :([/quote]
Put down a $5 deposit in store.

Huh....I had $10 in reward certs last night, both of them set to expire on 1/9/15 and now they're gone. I was saving them to use on TLoU today and I can't find them in there. Shows they haven't been redeemed either.

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

Huh....I had $10 in reward certs last night, both of them set to expire on 1/9/15 and now they're gone. I was saving them to use on TLoU today and I can't find them in there. Shows they haven't been redeemed either.

Anyone ever had this happen to them?
That sucks. Check your email and test it out online to see if its still valid.

That sucks. Check your email and test it out online to see if its still valid.
Dumb question but how exactly? It won't let me enter it manually at checkout

EDIT: I found how to do it, it shows they're still valid but when I hit submit order it gave an error and said values were wrong.

I have -1600 points right now, which should be cleared up soon. I bought a surface pro, did a return/rebuy with the movers coupon when it dropped $100 last week, so I have 2000 pending. But still, it has been -1600 for several days and the $10 certs have been in my account for at least 4-5 days showing up

Dumb question but how exactly? It won't let me enter it manually at checkout
EDIT: I found how to do it, it shows they're still valid but when I hit submit order it gave an error and said values were wrong.
I have -1600 points right now, which should be cleared up soon. I bought a surface pro, did a return/rebuy with the movers coupon when it dropped $100 last week, so I have 2000 pending. But still, it has been -1600 for several days and the $10 certs have been in my account for at least 4-5 days showing up
Maybe when you're in the negatives they don't let you use certificates. I only went slightly into the negatives once and I think I had used a certificate right before that happened. I'd call them or post on the forums if it's still messed up. Or wait to see if someone else that knows more posts, but I'd at least contact them now since last time I did it took forever for a response

Can I use a $10 cert and still earn one?
Yes. At one point last year I used $90 in Certs and bought GTA & FarCry and received $10 Certs for each of them.

Now that I'm officially Elite Plus, I can't wait until I start earning those bonus points. With Certs, GCU double bonus, BB CC, and Elite Plus, I should get about $15 in points back per game.

If a hold is placed on the funds I would like to know why I am charged again the day before release?

They need to add more games, I'd like to nominate Quantum Break, Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X, AC: Victory (of course), The Division, Rainbow Six Siege. for starters... ahem

So Evolve is 2/10 and Battlefield Hardline is 3/17.  The other upcoming game is Dying Light and the good promo is going on for that now (trade in a game get $10 coupon).

I didn't like Evolve or Hardline in the betas, not sure if I should jump.  Both look like games that will drop in price super fast.  Plus will have Dying Light and Type-0 to keep things busy.

guess i'll just wait closer to release date for Battlefield, might play SP campaign and trade in fast.  Don't see any reason to jump on Evolve though, did not enjoy the beta at all (not a big MP FPS guy for sure)

Yeah, all I care for on the list now are Dying Light (which I haven't found a cheap-enough game to trade for) and Halo 5: Guardians. If TESO becomes officially free-to-play for consoles before it releases, I might have interest there as well (but I also might just get it for PC).

Yeah, all I care for on the list now are Dying Light (which I haven't found a cheap-enough game to trade for) and Halo 5: Guardians. If TESO becomes officially free-to-play for consoles before it releases, I might have interest there as well (but I also might just get it for PC).
Do you have GCU? If so, buy CoD: Advanced Warfare on PS4 or XB1 for $31.99+tax then trade it in for $33 + $10 coupon after GCU. That $30 base will very likely drop within the next day or two, so I'd get on that ASAP if you're interested.

Do you have GCU? If so, buy CoD: Advanced Warfare on PS4 or XB1 for $31.99+tax then trade it in for $33 + $10 coupon after GCU. That $30 base will very likely drop within the next day or two, so I'd get on that ASAP if you're interested.
thanks for the heads up. Got a $20 cert to burn by 1/31 and this will be perfect.

It's an option, but it's admittedly one that's tough for me to decide on. I did the trade-up promos for Madden and Ghosts, and in both cases, picking up the game was a LONG fiasco (about 15-20 minutes and multiple transaction attempts). So, it's a question of whether I consider the $7.21 in savings is worth the time wasted. I've got a few days to decide, of course, and I might opt for it when I head that way, but the roads are currently rather snowy, and I'm not exactly jumping at the opportunity.

you better show up on release day to ensure you get a steelbook. bestbuy.com in store pickup order get first priority . whatever is left is up for grabs, as long as you prerorder/ purchase the game on release date. that is what happened with arkham origins steelbook, when i preordered in store with $5 deposit. i had to ask for the steelbook, when i went to pick it up. while the instore pickup orders were set aside with the steelbooks with bestbuy pickup stickers
If I cancel my instore preorder and do a bestbuy.com in store pickup preorder, would that make me ineligible for the $10 rewards. I could have sworn I read on here before that you wont receive the rewards points, but I wasn't sure. I'm pretty sure pickup's do get priority because that's how bestbuy halfheartedly explained why I didn't get the Smash Bros bundle.

I just don't want to cancel my order and not get the points but I really want that steelbook and have the best possible chance of getting one!

If I cancel my instore preorder and do a bestbuy.com in store pickup preorder, would that make me ineligible for the $10 rewards. I could have sworn I read on here before that you wont receive the rewards points, but I wasn't sure. I'm pretty sure pickup's do get priority because that's how bestbuy halfheartedly explained why I didn't get the Smash Bros bundle.
I just don't want to cancel my order and not get the points but I really want that steelbook and have the best possible chance of getting one!
No, you'll be alright. I did that with one game in fall, can't remember which it was but I got all the points I should have

This has probably been answered already but can you use two certificates on one game? $20 and $10 certificate. And do the certificates expire in 2 weeks? I was thinking of using the $10 certificate from dying light on bloodborne but it'll probably expire by the time that comes out so I'd like to know if I can use 2 certs on the order 1886 if it expires in 2 weeks
You should set it to award a certificate once you get $20, that way you don't get stuck with a lower valued one after buying just one game. Im pretty sure you can use more than one at once.

I just issued a $30 Cert today and it told me the expiration date was 1/16/16. Not sure if it was a mistake or if it's a perk for being Elite Plus? Maybe it's just a new thing. Before issued Certs would have an expiration date of 90 days. Seems like none of the vets from the old thread are in this thread?

Anyways excited to finally get back into the swing of things with BB and their badass promos.

OO, Guess I'll go into a Best Buy to preorder The Witcher 3 which I just saw comes with a Steelbook.

That's weird I had my $20 cert auto issued in december and it expires by the end of february. I heard they expire in 90 days so I hope pre order certificates are the same and don't expire sooner.
Preorder Certs aren't actually Certs. You just receive 500 points, which could be redeemed for a $10 cert. I use point banking(elite plus), maybe that's why it was valid for so long? I'm insure.

Pre-ordered Dying Light and took advantage of the special DL trade-in deal for a guaranteed $30 trade-in. Traded in the copy of Lords of the Fallen (that I got as part of the Microsoft trade-5 deal). I got $23 for LotF and a $10 coupon to use when I pick up Dying Light = $33. Add that to my GCU discount, $15 in MyRewards Points and Dying Light is free!

On a side note, has anyone ran into this problem with BestBuy/MyRewards:

In November I pre-ordered Dragon Age and Far Cry 4. Just before their release, my wife and I upgraded to iPhone 6s at BestBuy and they gave us a gift card for trading in our iPhone 5 & Galaxy.

I used the gift card to pay for both games and picked up the DA Collector's Guide.

A month later, I checked my MyRewards balance and Purchase History. Zero points showed up on all 3 transactions. On 12/18 I contacted MyReward customer service and filed a complaint on the missing points and the missing $10 pre-order bonus for Far Cry 4. The non-native English-speaking rep told me that they do not give MR points to you when you use a gift card, since the person the bought the gift card already got points for doing so. 

I protested that no one BOUGHT the card, BestBuy gave it to me (just like when I trade games)! She confirmed it with her manager. She did promise to add the $10 MR points to my account for pre-ordering Far Cry 4.

Fast forward to yesterday, I checked my account and the $10 still never showed. Again they said they would add it (which they did immediately). She confirmed what the previous rep said about not getting points when you use a gift card. She said this has been the policy since last July. I asked the Customer Service associate at a BestBuy store about this yesterday. She said she has never heard of such a thing and that they (BB employees) use gift cards received for trade-in games all the time and get points.

I am think of escalating this up the BestBuy chain of command. They really need to have a gift card you pay for and give to someone, and put credit for trades, etc.. on your MyRewards account (or use a special card for it).

Pre-ordered Dying Light and took advantage of the special DL trade-in deal for a guaranteed $30 trade-in. Traded in the copy of Lords of the Fallen (that I got as part of the Microsoft trade-5 deal). I got $23 for LotF and a $10 coupon to use when I pick up Dying Light = $33. Add that to my GCU discount, $15 in MyRewards Points and Dying Light is free!

In November I pre-ordered Dragon Age and Far Cry 4. Just before their release, my wife and I upgraded to iPhone 6s at BestBuy and they gave us a gift card for trading in our iPhone 5 & Galaxy.

I used the gift card to pay for both games and picked up the DA Collector's Guide.

A month later, I checked my MyRewards balance and Purchase History. Zero points showed up on all 3 transactions. On 12/18 I contacted MyReward customer service and filed a complaint on the missing points and the missing $10 pre-order bonus for Far Cry 4. The non-native English-speaking rep told me that they do not give MR points to you when you use a gift card, since the person the bought the gift card already got points for doing so.

I protested that no one BOUGHT the card, BestBuy gave it to me (just like when I trade games)! She confirmed it with her manager. She did promise to add the $10 MR points to my account for pre-ordering Far Cry 4.

Fast forward to yesterday, I checked my account and the $10 still never showed. Again they said they would add it (which they did immediately). She confirmed what the previous rep said about not getting points when you use a gift card. She said this has been the policy since last July. I asked the Customer Service associate at a BestBuy store about this yesterday. She said she has never heard of such a thing and that they (BB employees) use gift cards received for trade-in games all the time and get points.

I am think of escalating this up the BestBuy chain of command. They really need to have a gift card you pay for and give to someone, and put credit for trades, etc.. on your MyRewards account (or use a special card for it).
The only points you get for using a gift card are the $10 worth of them for preordering and buying a game. I was buying something in the store with all gift cards and told the worker I didnt wanna put my reward info in because I wouldn't get points and was likely going to return it anyway, and she kept saying you get points but I had to explain that you don't get purchasing points with gift cards. They really do a horrible job training employees

The customer service person was correct in that you do not get points when using a gift card.  I had a store associate apply the 3X Points coupon from October to an order I was purchasing with a gift card.  She thought I would get points, she was wrong. I only received points on the amount I paid out of pocket (cash/credit card).

You should have received the preorder bonus as long as you completed the preorder transaction.  If you purchased the game under a separate transaction and canceled the preorder then the points do not apply. 

Your escalation probably won't get anywhere, sadly. Best Buy only gives points for purchasing a gift card (as others have mentioned), and not buying with a gift card. It prevents double (or triple or quadruple or ...) dipping. If you were to get points for buying with a gift card, you can sit there and buy a new gift card with your existing gift card every day and spend no extra money and be Elite Plus in no time.

I get it, but if I trade-in phones or games they are essentially giving me money for my trades. Granted I am getting a bonus % on my game trades. I guess I am too much of a Cheap Ass Gamer. :)

So since I pre-ordered two games (with 5 down each) while giving my MyBestBuy/GCU info, should I have seen anything mentioning the $10 reward credit per game now, or is that something that will only be shown/awarded to me once I pick the game up?

So that explains why I've been seeing 0 points next to my purchases but a bunch of points for trading in. That policy started in july 2014?
I think its been longer than that cuz I bought watch dogs last year at launch with gift cards and didn't get any points other than the 500 ($10)

They need to add more games, I'd like to nominate Quantum Break, Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X, AC: Victory (of course), The Division, Rainbow Six Siege. for starters... ahem
yeah I'm really psyched for all those Ubisoft games, especially after this year was so good for them

So since I pre-ordered two games (with 5 down each) while giving my MyBestBuy/GCU info, should I have seen anything mentioning the $10 reward credit per game now, or is that something that will only be shown/awarded to me once I pick the game up?
You won't get anything until 15 days after you pick up the game.

I have a $45 reward cert that I would like to use on dying light. If it goes on sale within the PM window there's no way I can PM because of the certificate I used, correct?

They need to add Mortal Kombat X and Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin!  Both of these come out in April.

I'm thinking about moving my pre-order for the Batman limited edition from Gamestop to Best Buy. Does anybody know if the preorder bonuses for GameStop will eventually be on sale later on? I would like to get the Red Hood story mission but 20% of the limited edition sounds to good to pass up.

Is the Arkham Knight LE available to preordering store, or is it like the bat mobile one and only available for shipping? (Was available)

They will refund you points.
thats very ymmv every time I have tried to do a price adjustment when I paid with GCs or RZ points the rep says they can't do any refunds due to the payment type. I know they CAN actually do it by manually refunding points/new GC/etc, but most reps aren't trained enough to know how.

but anyways if you play for 2 weeks and trade in you'll get more than you paid so i don't think its a big deal anyways

thats very ymmv every time I have tried to do a price adjustment when I paid with GCs or RZ points the rep says they can't do any refunds due to the payment type. I know they CAN actually do it by manually refunding points/new GC/etc, but most reps aren't trained enough to know how.

but anyways if you play for 2 weeks and trade in you'll get more than you paid so i don't think its a big deal anyways
This has not been my experience at all. I partially paid with RZ on things that I made price adjustments to and the rep never even mentioned to me that there would be an issue. I later got an email saying my purchase had been partially refunded and less than 24 hours later I would have points deposited into my point bank.

EDIT: This is what my purchase history says for it.

rpeeX7W.png

EDIT 2: And for gift cards I was a little worried that I might have thrown away the gift card, but their default policy is to just mail you another gift card with the amount on it. I think eGift cards could be a little different though. Haven't done a price adjustment on something I bought with an eGift card.

This has not been my experience at all. I partially paid with RZ on things that I made price adjustments to and the rep never even mentioned to me that there would be an issue. I later got an email saying my purchase had been partially refunded and less than 24 hours later I would have points deposited into my point bank.

EDIT: This is what my purchase history says for it.

rpeeX7W.png

EDIT 2: And for gift cards I was a little worried that I might have thrown away the gift card, but their default policy is to just mail you another gift card with the amount on it. I think eGift cards could be a little different though. Haven't done a price adjustment on something I bought with an eGift card.
Call the number say you need a new gift card on a refund order and they can request one. Also e gift cards are the same as plastic cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back