Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this email from Best Buy. Makes the $50 copy of Guitar Hero even better.

Thank you for choosing Best Buy to pre-order SKU 5886168 - Ps4 - Guitar Hero Live. We noticed that your order does not have the Free Bonus Item, a Guitar Hero Live microphone, included with your game. We want to make sure that you have this microphone to rock out with your friends, so we have added it to your order, free of charge.

There is no action needed from you. We hope you enjoy your game and value your continued loyalty to Best Buy.

Sincerely,

Pedram Afshar
Vice President Customer Experience
I also got this email and a shipment confirmation but my free mic came at the same time as the game. Two free microphones ain't bad I guess.

Might play some of this later after watching Jurassic World. Hopefully I can use the same calibration numbers from RB4. Not happy with Activison being cheap and having both guitars in the two-pack require a separate USB dongle.

You and I play games very differently.
I actually don't have alot of times to game these days but even i think its feasible to finish assassin's creed in a week if there are motivations to do so. And for those whom can should be able to trade it back to bby for the equivalent of a free rental.

I always get so sidetracked by the collectibles and side quests in games. MadMax is starting to ware on me. But I know if I don't finish it now, I never will.

I also don't do the free rental turn around like some. The first five years of last gen, I didn't do any trades. Then one day I traded in 60 360/ps3 games. Looking back I sort of regret it. I did trade a few games to Walmart last year when they had insane trade values, I got $65 for some games lol. Fallout 4 will be somewhere around my 43rd physical ps4 game I'll have. I also have 7 xb1 exclusives.

I actually don't have alot of times to game these days but even i think its feasible to finish assassin's creed in a week if there are motivations to do so. And for those whom can should be able to trade it back to bby for the equivalent of a free rental.
If he's going for 100% of achievements, it will take a good 35+ hours to truly "complete" it.

Any Guitar Hero Live thoughts/impressions? After reading this article, I realized I was wrong about it. The whole article basically sold me on it. If I can find it on sale during Black Friday, I'll be picking it up. As someone that plays guitar a lot in RB4, do you think I'll have trouble switching back and forth?

http://cogconnected.com/feature/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-guitar-hero-live/
I really want to open it (but haven't because finances are tight and considering returning it) because it does sound like the best guitar game in a while and that they managed some innovation even if they didn't overhaul the whole thing. The new guitar, GHTV, decent on disk track list, and that there's more streaming tracks coming all make for a convincing sounding package. Especially compared to RB4 that seems like basically a port to next gen. Even though the scores aren't amazing most places seem to be in to it aside from the lame career mode.

The microtrans and not being able to play the songs that aren't on disc any time you want is kind of meh but it also sounds like if you're down with the streaming style of delivery you won't have to pay a dime and will earn credits to play songs on demand.

For those that haven't picked up Guitar Hero or opened it yet, you will find a 10$ off coupon for Skylanders Superchargers.  If past Black Friday ads have shown us, there will be multiple retailers selling this for 37.  If BB does this with GCU, and the coupon, it could be a pretty sweet deal.

Any Guitar Hero Live thoughts/impressions? After reading this article, I realized I was wrong about it. The whole article basically sold me on it. If I can find it on sale during Black Friday, I'll be picking it up. As someone that plays guitar a lot in RB4, do you think I'll have trouble switching back and forth?

http://cogconnected.com/feature/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-guitar-hero-live/
cousin said it was tuff and gonna take awhile to get used too but really didn't say if he liked it or not, prob too early for him.

idk the new guitar fret buttons and the fact it's only good with future guitar hero games just turns me off. but was never too big on GH, always preferred rock band and loving 4 :D

idk the new guitar fret buttons and the fact it's only good with future guitar hero games just turns me off. but was never too big on GH, always preferred rock band and loving 4 :D
Yeah, that you can't use past controllers and it's limited to this franchise (assuming it continues but doesn't make Harmonix switch) is definitely a draw back. Almost all the reviews do say that once you get used to it that it does feel improved and more like actually playing a guitar so I'm excited to try it.

Yes if you want to add me it's jac522. I'm playing right now so I'd see your friend request.
First I have to turn it on. Now I have to update it to 3.10. This better be worth it.

Edit- Why does it say "Guitar Hero Live | Jamming in GH2"?

Played new GH at friends house and didn't like I it. The idea of GHTV is great, I'll give you that. But one thing I thought about is that if a song doesn't have a music video it means a no go for GHTV. I personally love deeper cuts that you can get from RB (like "Rats in the Cellar" this week in RB DLC) so that is a turn off for me. The other thing is, we played Hangar 18 and the music video cuts out the final two minutes of guitar solos so it's missing a major portion of the song. Didn't run into other songs that did this but that was unexpected and a turn off for myself.

The "live" aspect of the career was also pretty cheesy. The song choices also went against the idea of being a guitarist in a rock band. Something about playing "Bangarang" as a guitarist while having a singer bouncing around and singing the audio samples from the song was really awkward.

I personally will not be getting GH unless it gets clearanced out somewhere. I'll stick to RB for my musical gaming needs.

Yeah, that you can't use past controllers and it's limited to this franchise (assuming it continues but doesn't make Harmonix switch) is definitely a draw back. Almost all the reviews do say that once you get used to it that it does feel improved and more like actually playing a guitar so I'm excited to try it.
yea and when you do think about it, it is more realistic moving left and right along the frets but one of the reasons I was never big on GH is that it always seemed like they went out of there way to make songs difficult which yea hardcore players love but just isn't my style.

At first I thought ookkkaaayyyy only 3 fret buttons.............and then realized there was anther set making it six buttons, that alone is making it harder. And not too mention all the sliding and adjusting all overt he place.

yea I'd prob buy when it gets around 50 and below, maybe by then anther one will be in the works. If RB didn't just come out and wasn't in the works for some time I would've got GH for the hell of it.

I am in for star wars ,call of duty,halo, rainbow ,tomb raider,   on the fence  for fallout 4

I've been assuming they'll hold my in store $5 preorder of guitar hero till friday .___. saw an old forum post from a bestbuy rep saying 5 days

The song choices also went against the idea of being a guitarist in a rock band. Something about playing "Bangarang" as a guitarist while having a singer bouncing around and singing the audio samples from the song was really awkward.
Reminds me of Still Alive by GLaDOS on rock band

[attachment=17867:glados.jpg]

dem gimp skills

Anyone else not seeing the points pending for guitar hero? I preorder a lot of these 10 reward very games and usually see the points pending but not in this case.

Was really considering getting it but too many flashbacks of having loads of plastic hardware laying around everywhere.. happy with Rock Band.

That being said, i'm so used to the old GH guitar that the new RB stratocaster feels odd in my hands.

I really want to open it (but haven't because finances are tight and considering returning it) because it does sound like the best guitar game in a while and that they managed some innovation even if they didn't overhaul the whole thing. The new guitar, GHTV, decent on disk track list, and that there's more streaming tracks coming all make for a convincing sounding package. Especially compared to RB4 that seems like basically a port to next gen. Even though the scores aren't amazing most places seem to be in to it aside from the lame career mode.

The microtrans and not being able to play the songs that aren't on disc any time you want is kind of meh but it also sounds like if you're down with the streaming style of delivery you won't have to pay a dime and will earn credits to play songs on demand.
Eld, didn't you order this in the glitch? If you return it won't it mess up any other games in your order?

Why would it? Should just give me the amount I paid for it back like anything else? Unless I've missed something with other people returning stuff from it?
It will screw up your order. I cancelled my halo 5 CE a couple months back after seeing how crappy it was and it only partially refunded me and set tomb raider and AC back to normal price on the order.

Edit: I use PayPal so everything is charged instantly for me and not just a hold.

Well crap on a cracker.  Guess that makes the decision for me then.

Was going to return Yoshi's Wooly World tomorrow regardless but I guess that's off the table then.

Opened it up last night and I really enjoyed it. The GHTV thing is neat and a cool idea and has a lot of songs I enjoy. Earning coins is pretty easy too so getting more to play songs as I want should be simple. The guitar does take a little getting used to though and feels weird at first. The live concert thing is whatever but I'm too busy watching the notes to pay attention to the background images. I personally have enjoyed it and glad I got it.

Opened it up last night and I really enjoyed it. The GHTV thing is neat and a cool idea and has a lot of songs I enjoy. Earning coins is pretty easy too so getting more to play songs as I want should be simple. The guitar does take a little getting used to though and feels weird at first. The live concert thing is whatever but I'm too busy watching the notes to pay attention to the background images. I personally have enjoyed it and glad I got it.
Same here

I wrote up kind of a mini review for Guitar Hero earlier, so I'll post it here too in case anyone is on the fence. Full disclosure, I mostly jumped ship from Guitar Hero as soon as Rock Band became a thing. This is not what I expected to happen at all.

I hope this doesn't start a middle school flame war in here, but after not ever being able to track down a legacy bundle version of RB4, I decided to refund my digital RB4 purchase and just follow through with my GCU pre-order of Guitar Hero Live...and I have to say, I'm actually really, really liking the game so far

Where RB4 seemed to very much play it safe and follow the "if it ain't broke..." approach, GHL is a pretty freaking ballsy game. Starting with the guitar controller...I LOVE it. Maybe it's being a musician and playing guitar in real life, but this controller is challenging on a whole new level. In some ways, I actually think it might be harder than really playing guitar, lol...but getting your brain to accept that going left/right quickly is no longer the skill...and that it's up/down now...and the various combinations that can be made from that, is a total mindfuck.

It's exactly what they said it is. It can be super simple just hopping from one button to the next, but when they throw in barre chords and stuff that is like power chords, but inverting and mirroring for each string, it gets so hard and confusing, haha.

I'm also loving GHTV. It's fantastic. It's MTV when MTV was MTV...except you can play Guitar Hero over it. People have been trying to criticize it as pay to play, but that's not it at all. Yes, you have "play tokens" that you can buy (though I've already earned 20 in like an hour) but those only count if you want to select a specific song. If you're cool with doing random stuff (which for me, has become more fun anyway...even in RB), you can pick between two different channels that basically have music "shows" all day long, and play "for free".

These shows can be 30 minutes or one hour long and just continuously play videos that you can jump in or jump out of at any time. Yes, you can't pause the track. If you put the controller down, the music keeps going...and you just get whatever score you get. As an example, right now the show on channel 1 is "Incredible Hits" and is currently playing Boston's "More Than A Feeling". Channel 2 is "Pop Hour" and is currently playing Ed Sheeran's "Sing". (and they just finished up a Metal show and "2000-2010 Hits").

I think the thing I love about it the most is how unlike any previous Guitar Hero game this feels like. It just feels like a controller and a music service that I can jam to any time I want. Yeah, there's no full band. But it feels innovative in its simplicity. It's almost the exact opposite of where RB4 went, and so far, I think I might like it more. Time will tell how repetitive GHTV will get...but if they can add music to it regularly, it could be an incredible alternative to DLC.

I'm honestly shocked how enjoyable this game is so far. I think Activision finally got it right.

Did anyone get the pre order bonus songs?  If so, was it a code or included in the box?  I did a store pickup at Best Buy and got nothing except the mic.  Thanks!

Did anyone get the pre order bonus songs? If so, was it a code or included in the box? I did a store pickup at Best Buy and got nothing except the mic. Thanks!
Supposedly the Avenged Sevenfold content is a set list in GHTV. No one knows how to access it since there is no way the game can know you preordered.

Did anyone get the pre order bonus songs? If so, was it a code or included in the box? I did a store pickup at Best Buy and got nothing except the mic. Thanks!
Supposedly the Avenged Sevenfold content is a set list in GHTV. No one knows how to access it since there is no way the game can know you preordered.
Hubert should chime in here but it should just be active on GHTV from 10/20-11/2.

I suspect they'll ship out Syndicate tomorrow and upgrade it to next day air like they usually do. Last week, however, my friend's Yoshi order got delayed till Monday due to some local flash flooding, which is the bad part about this method combined with Friday releases but I don't expect any delays.

I suspect they'll ship out Syndicate tomorrow and upgrade it to next day air like they usually do. Last week, however, my friend's Yoshi order got delayed till Monday, which is the bad part about this method combined with Friday releases but I don't expect any delays.
I haven't had a problem with Friday releases. When infinity 3.0 came out on a Sunday release, bestbuy delivered it on saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back