Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were ready for pickup.

I think maybe the reason why they asked for my name for Dying Light was b/c some stores stopped taking pre-orders (at least online for store pickup) before it was released. So I guess they had to properly inventory the orders. I don't think that was the case for Evolve so they just grabbed it off the pre-order pile.

GCU is applied if you pay in full (which you have to) for online orders. GCU is not applied for in-store pre-orders, so if you did pay in full ($60), I gather you'd have to go through the process of getting a refund when you pick up the order (I'd avoid that).

You can use certs online, but I can't confirm if you can use them for an online pre-order.
Cool that's what I wanted to be confirmed. If I pay in full before the game comes out, I'd have to return and rebuy to have the gcu applied correctly. Also, I'm planning on using certs on 2 pre orders and it seems like you can apply the certs on pre orders online. I'm not gonna cancel my the order 1886 CE instore pre order though since it's sold out online lol. Thanks for helping out man I appreciate it.

Also, do you remember how long it took for the "victory can be pre ordered bonus" 500 points to show up on your dying light purchase? I think mine took about 3 days.

You can use certs online, but I can't confirm if you can use them for an online pre-order.
i can (confirm).

online GCU pre-orders have been 100% painless for me and I have always received my RZ certs/bonuses, etc.

Also nice is that the rewards certs are applied after the GCU discount, so you get the full benefit. I used my Evolve/Dying Light certs plus an extra 5 from blowing a bunch of money to get Majora's Mask 3D for 7.50.

Also nice is that the rewards certs are applied after the GCU discount, so you get the full benefit. I used my Evolve/Dying Light certs plus an extra 5 from blowing a bunch of money to get Majora's Mask 3D for 7.50.
Really it gets applied after GCU? I thought they apply gcu first then the cert atleast instore.

Just preorder online next time. The process is much smoother.

randoms haven't been terrible so far, tbh. monster tends to have the upper hand by default, but a well coordinated (and perked) human team gives them a run for their money.

but, i will say, friends are probably more forgiving of dumb mistakes. except when they're not...then they're ruthless! haha.
I wish we could have an option to allow "all talk" between monster and hunters. That would be so much fun if I could taunt my buddies while playing as a monster.

Im liking Evolve a lot, glad I picked it up last minute. But like others said its definitely a game you need to play with friends to get the full enjoyment. Takes a lot of teamwork/communication that you dont get with most randoms.

I wish we could have an option to allow "all talk" between monster and hunters. That would be so much fun if I could taunt my buddies while playing as a monster.
Set up a party chat next time with your buds and this can be done. :p

Just put in my preorder for The Order, after Certs and GCU, it was only $8.48. That's one of the many reasons I enjoy shopping at BB. Excited to see Mortal Kombat finally showing up on the $10 Bonus Cert Program. Seems most people got their bonus 500 points for Evolve already? That's impressive, 3 days is the fastest I've seen them post. Maybe this is the start to them trying to make the program a little better/faster.

Crap I meant cert first then gcu instore lol
mkpnwT8.png

I guess it's one more reason to never bother going to a real-life store.

My points for Dying Light posted a few hours ago, so for me at least, I can confirm that a return/rebuy (that says pricematch at the top) when your deposit doesn't come off the total will still get your 500 pts. In the end, I got an extra $5 back back on the return/rebuy for whatever reason too, but I didn't get any points for the $2-$3 in cash I paid (after using gift cards).

Since a lot of BB regulars hang out in this thread, the new movers packet at USPS offices still have a Best Buy 10% coupon, good till 5/30/15.  Only one item, has both an in store code and online code (seperate) and again good only for one item.  Its attached to the actual form you fill out for moving, not a seperate slip of paper like before.

My points for Dying Light posted a few hours ago, so for me at least, I can confirm that a return/rebuy (that says pricematch at the top) when your deposit doesn't come off the total will still get your 500 pts. In the end, I got an extra $5 back back on the return/rebuy for whatever reason too, but I didn't get any points for the $2-$3 in cash I paid (after using gift cards).
They were able to help me and received both the code and the 500 points. The 500 points are available to use already though what the hell? Not sure if it was manually added or not but hey I can't complain

Since a lot of BB regulars hang out in this thread, the new movers packet at USPS offices still have a Best Buy 10% coupon, good till 5/30/15. Only one item, has both an in store code and online code (seperate) and again good only for one item. Its attached to the actual form you fill out for moving, not a seperate slip of paper like before.
Nice does that stack with gcu and certs?

Yeah, I got my certs pretty much immediately, but I had preordered them a couple of weeks beforehand so I bet that's the deciding factor.
Sounds like it's more in-store vs online preorder. Online preorders show as pending quicker and it sounds like they probably get posted quicker. Although maybe when you pre-order still factors in.

I pre-ordered Dying Light in-store 2-3 weeks before release date, picked it up on release date, and I didn't get it posted until today.

Sounds like it's more in-store vs online preorder. Online preorders show as pending quicker and it sounds like they probably get posted quicker. Although maybe when you pre-order still factors in.

I pre-ordered Dying Light in-store 2-3 weeks before release date, picked it up on release date, and I didn't get it posted until today.
Don't go to stores.

Yeah, I got my certs pretty much immediately, but I had preordered them a couple of weeks beforehand so I bet that's the deciding factor.
Yea I think it was ac unity I ordered months in advance and got my cert in like 3-5 days. If I wait until the night before it takes 10-15 days.

Since a lot of BB regulars hang out in this thread, the new movers packet at USPS offices still have a Best Buy 10% coupon, good till 5/30/15. Only one item, has both an in store code and online code (seperate) and again good only for one item. Its attached to the actual form you fill out for moving, not a seperate slip of paper like before.
I have got one of the movers coupon that is valid from 2/1/15 - 4/30/15. However, I have tried to use it for the recent pre-owned b2g1 and shadow of motor deal (the $23.99 one after gcu), but the coupon stack with none of those deals when I bought the items in store.

Any idea how to use it with the new game pre-order? Do I HAVE to Do the $5 pre-order in store first?

are these coupons in any (or most USPS offices)? Where are they kept? Do I have to go to whomever is working and ask for it? Fill anything out?

fuck, the online code is separate? I used one last weekend on a new laptop and the cashier just took the coupon, didn't even think about the online code :wall:

Can I retroactively get a $10 for, say, Evolve? When you click the first link in the OP, the likes of evolve and dying light are still there, despite me thinking that this was exclusively for pre-orders.

I tried figuring it out by adding both new releases and pre-orders to the cart and reviewing the info, but nohing is mentioned about a gift card -- NOT EVEN THE GAMES FOR PRE-ORDER -- thus making it unable to see any difference.

I want to pick up evolve today but only if I can get a gift card!

Can I retroactively get a $10 for, say, Evolve? When you click the first link in the OP, the likes of evolve and dying light are still there, despite me thinking that this was exclusively for pre-orders.

I tried figuring it out by adding both new releases and pre-orders to the cart and reviewing the info, but nohing is mentioned about a gift card -- NOT EVEN THE GAMES FOR PRE-ORDER -- thus making it unable to see any difference.

it's there on the preorders, just a little buried. But no, you can't get them retroactively.

you have to preorder and when you do it says nothing about the 10 dollar cert in the cart. It will pop up in your purchase history within 15 days.

you will not get the $10 if ordered now it is exclusively for pre orders only and the games already released

I did my first ever trade to Best Buy a couple hours ago so I can get the new Mortal Kombat. The guy who took my trade in even did a balance inquiry on my gift card before I left to make sure it was activated properly. So I just went to place my order and every time I get this message "We did not recognize the security code you entered for the following gift card, Be sure to enter the 4 digit security code from the back of your Gift Card"

The security code is my pin, right? Any help getting this to work would be very appreciated. 

I did my first ever trade to Best Buy a couple hours ago so I can get the new Mortal Kombat. The guy who took my trade in even did a balance inquiry on my gift card before I left to make sure it was activated properly. So I just went to place my order and every time I get this message "We did not recognize the security code you entered for the following gift card, Be sure to enter the 4 digit security code from the back of your Gift Card"

The security code is my pin, right? Any help getting this to work would be very appreciated.
It should be the pin number. Are you entering the gift card number correctly?

It should be the pin number. Are you entering the gift card number correctly?
Yeah I checked it like 5 times. I logged out, closed my browser and logged back in and then it worked fine. It must have just been a glitch with the system, thanks though.

One more question, How long does it take for my trade in points to post?

Save $10 on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Anyone that might know the answer to this; I bought this game Friday afternoon for the full price online. It hasn't shipped yet. Either way, is it possible to get a price adjustment for the $10 cheaper version?

I am GCU but that shouldn't matter either way.

Anyone that might know the answer to this; I bought this game Friday afternoon for the full price online. It hasn't shipped yet. Either way, is it possible to get a price adjustment for the $10 cheaper version?

I am GCU but that shouldn't matter either way.
Call CS...if they don't take care of you, just cancel & re-order.

I would like to Pre-Order Mortal Kombat X, but not sure if I should do it through Gamestop's Exclusive Kollectors Edition or through Best Buy with GCU and buy the "Kombat Pass" separately...

This is Gamestop's Exclusive Kollectors Edition, which comes with the game, Kombat Pass, and a special skin for Scorpion (which I really don't care for) = $99

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/mortal-kombat-x-gamestop-exclusive-limited-edition/120160

But through Best Buy and my GCU, the game alone would be $48. Do any of you think the Kombat Pass will be sold separately, or is it only included with special edition preorders?

Thanks

kombat pass will be sold seperately, Best Buy is the better way to go if you like money since its going to be $38 ($48 - $10 RZ preorder bonus) the season pass will be probably on PSN/XBL for $20-25, so that'd be total of $60-65 vs $100 at GS.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/02/12/mortal-kombat-x-season-pass-confirmed-will-include-new-characters-skins/

they sold the MK9 kombat pass seperately there will also 99.99% likely be DLC skins sold on the store and then in 6-9 months a MK10 GOTY edition with all skins included.  Unless you are a huge skins fan i'd just buy the base game, skip the skins, and then buy the GOTY edition this winter.

kombat pass will be sold seperately, Best Buy is the better way to go if you like money since its going to be $38 ($48 - $10 RZ preorder bonus) the season pass will be probably on PSN/XBL for $20-25, so that'd be total of $60-65 vs $100 at GS.
Thanks! I figured that the Kombat Pass would be sold separately... with the trend nowadays, it may even be available on the day of release.

Apparently the order can be beaten in under 6 hours even with their long cut scenes. I know length isn't everything but when you have a single player only game it should be longer and also seems funny the developer doesn't say how long an average play threw is.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/02/16/the-order-1886-developer-makes-a-flawed-argument-about-game-length/
Yeah, when the developer decided to not comment rather than offering a "real" time, that's troubling news. The game may be great, but I can't pay anywhere close to full price if there's so little to offer. I'm afraid this is just another in a long line of disappointments from Sony. I really wish they could get their act together because I respect them for taking more risks and investing more than Microsoft, but these sales duds will eventually make them give up on anything but the biggest franchises (we've already seen them scale back somewhat).

Yeah, when the developer decided to not comment rather than offering a "real" time, that's troubling news. The game may be great, but I can't pay anywhere close to full price if there's so little to offer. I'm afraid this is just another in a long line of disappointments from Sony. I really wish they could get their act together because I respect them for taking more risks and investing more than Microsoft, but these sales duds will eventually make them give up on anything but the biggest franchises (we've already seen them scale back somewhat).
It's all a matter of perspective and individual play styles.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/02/16/the-order-1886-will-take-you-more-than-five-hours/

I'm sure that's true and I'm willing to still give it the benefit of the doubt. My only concern is that the developer decided to not address the play through time instead of saying something more encouraging. I guess I understand why he didn't, but if you have good news about that, you would think you would want to get it out there for marketing/sales purposes. There's no doubt this 5 hour play through news is going to significantly affect sales.

Also, to your point, my play through of the Last of Us was much longer than what many other people said it took them. I spent 23 hours (according to the game) and I routinely heard people say it took them 12-15 hours.

true but when someone "can" beat it that quick it's not a great sign from a linear single player only experience and won't offer much replay value in later playthroughs. He also mentions it is impossible but doesn't say why it's impossible, what part of the game he's missing or maybe a sped up video or something.

and in that article they mention half the game is cut scenes? If they're gonna do that it should be much longer. idk I'm interested to see reviews on this, I mentioned it awhile ago I smell flop and this doesn't help it's case.

Apparently the order can be beaten in under 6 hours even with their long cut scenes. I know length isn't everything but when you have a single player only game it should be longer and also seems funny the developer doesn't say how long an average play threw is.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/02/16/the-order-1886-developer-makes-a-flawed-argument-about-game-length/
Is this dang topic going to be brought up in every thread? The game isn't even a part of this promo so don't know why you put it here.

Is this dang topic going to be brought up in every thread? The game isn't even a part of this promo so don't know why you put it here.
maybe just trying to summon a $10 GC for it. I might be in the minority, but i dont care if a game is only 6 hours if it's a really good 6 hours. Embargoed reviewers are suggesting 8-10 hours if you play it like a normal player. 5 hours to speedrun. I hate games that dont respect my time by padding out length or sticking around too long, even if they have a great idea/premise (cough cough, Alien Isolation).

maybe just trying to summon a $10 GC for it. I might be in the minority, but i dont care if a game is only 6 hours if it's a really good 6 hours. Embargoed reviewers are suggesting 8-10 hours if you play it like a normal player. 5 hours to speedrun. I hate games that dont respect my time by padding out length or sticking around too long, even if they have a great idea/premise (cough cough, Alien Isolation).
Agreed. If it's an amazing 6 hours I'm satisfied. There are plenty of other games I can go waste 30 hours in if I want. Sometimes I just want a good story to play through.

well excuse me, I actually thought it was. It's been so over hyped up I figured it was. I guess Best Buy smells it's gonna be a flop too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back