Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy has updated their gaming events page with Arkham Knight midnight openings. It's going to be nice for us west coast folks since they will be doing it at 9pm PST.

Best Buy has updated their gaming events page with Arkham Knight midnight openings. It's going to be nice for us west coast folks since they will be doing it at 9pm PST.
Nice! I'm there! Will there be free swag? I pre-ordered the game last night and I was interested in why it said that I could pick it up on the 22nd

Awesome, good to know here it will be open at 9pm. I've never done a midnight opening before but I check and luckily my preferred BB store is actually doing a midnight opening. Usually its the further bb that does a midnight release but they're both doing it. Can't wait to pick up my Limited Edition BAK.

Great to see fallout 4 on the list but gonna wait until closer to release date.

Is my reason flawed in thinking this way or is this pretty much doable:

I'm not sure if I want to play ESO but with GCU and the $10 GC, would I be safe to assume that I'd be able to get $40+ around the next 30% or better trade in and break even? If so, be willing to go tomorrow after work and do so and be at the worst with a title that I could use toward reaching Elite.
Not really flawed, but that's not 100% how it works. Typically the first two to three weeks (or more) $60 MSRP titles are $40 base trade in, making them $44 w/ GCU. When they did the bonus 30% and I traded in Witcher the 30% actually knocked it down a buck to $43 because they lowered the TiV for the 30%. If you notice, Witcher's base actually increased from $30 last week during the 30% to $35 this week without (it went from $40 to $30 during the 30%). So, typically even if you hate it you will actually make a few bucks when you factor in RZ stuff.

Alternately, if you want to be extra safe you could preorder it in-store for $5, wait to pick it up until the TiV is shown on BBY's website and figure out if you want to return the preorder or buy the game.

I typically will buy almost everything that comes out with a $10 credit, play it, trade it in, and roll it over to the next one. Most stuff I trade in, a few I won't.

Well the fact that BB, Amazon, Gamestop, and Walmart are all advertising the Harley DLC for preordering (AND Newegg - don't think they've ever had any retailer exclusive DLC) suggests thats going to be a code automatically included in the box for all first run copies, like the Deathstroke pack in Arkham origins. BB's Wayne tech DLC is probably going to be a code that they send in email.
Oh so basically

Play as Harley Quinn and receive four challenge maps when you pre-order for
Xbox One, PS4 or PC

is already going to be included in the box so it doesnt matter if I order it from amazon, BB or gamestop it comes with it automatically in the box? The Wayne Tech DLC from BB is the extra goodie that BB is offering compared to other retailers..how about the 10 dollar reward certificate when I check out Im not seeing it included

Oh I see..and as far as the DLC that it comes with, it comes with BOTH the 4 challenge maps plus the wayne tech DLC..sorry for all the questions just cant decide between buying the game at best buy or amazon so I want to get the most out of the game

Going to sell all 3 of my uncharted games tomorrow for $10 to prepare for the NDC, hopefully they add it to the $10 bonus but I'm not holding my breath lol, think that's a good price?

NBA 2K16 being a part of this promotion is pretty awesome. Getting 20% off, a $10 reward certificate, 10,000 VC and I get it four days early? Can't ask for a better pre-order deal for such an awesome game. :D

Just received ESO from UPS and the box was crushed. The case is broken but luckily the game is fine. I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of exchanging the game for a new one but damage during shipping has been happening a lot recently. Ugh I hope this does not happen to the rest of my orders. End of rant, sorry guys

Just received ESO from UPS and the box was crushed. The case is broken but luckily the game is fine. I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of exchanging the game for a new one but damage during shipping has been happening a lot recently. Ugh I hope this does not happen to the rest of my orders. End of rant, sorry guys
Its a legit rant though; you should be able to call CS on this. I'd be mad if my game came crushed.

Story pack = challenge map?
This will probably be added to the ps store for $6.99
Story pack =/= challenge map
Harley is getting campaign/story content as well

I'm sure the DLC will be added to the online stores eventually but thats usually far after I'm done with games where I'm no longer interested in playing the extra content or feel like paying for it.

I'm really surprised at just how aggressive BB is with adding games to this deal. Last years GCU push made it look like this was done, but basically every high profile release of the fall has been added.

38$ for a 60$ game on release day is not bad at all (yes the 10 dollar certificate comes later but I count it toward the initial game)

so they basically said blame square enix
I blame them more than the other companies b/c they had the structure setup to dictate the titles added without help. With the original $120 GCU price point all they needed to do was add four(2 per yr)$10 pre-order certs coupons in the welcome kits or revamp the 5 for $100 offer to GCU only.

Even if they added the $10 credit to a premier title on their own 1st then approach the company after their pre-order #'s spike it could lead to $10 gc/$10 cert like with the PS3/360 MK deal.

Is there a way to turn off the certificate auto-issue? I've looked and can't find a way. I know banked points have no expiration, but once it's a certificate, it will expire.

i hope nba live 16 is added to the $10 preorder promotion. just saw the announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mh1po0tC34

Is there a way to turn off the certificate auto-issue? I've looked and can't find a way. I know banked points have no expiration, but once it's a certificate, it will expire.
Elite members can bank points indefinitely, but for everyone else the best you can do is change it to only issue at a maximum of $20 increments.

Also I've seen people mention preordering items with the certificates and then canceling the preorders which should refund you the points and cause a new certificate to be issued.

Wow! I think i switched to 2k after nba live 06 and i never looked back. Hopefully once gameplay videos start coming out we'll see if ea did something different. Nba live animation was just bad imo and character models were not good aswell.

Question for anybody who redeemed their Explorer's Pack for :ps4: ESO... did it actually download anything? I am still installing the 16gb patch and haven't started the game, but noticed that an 'Explorer's Pack download' didn't queue up anything. 

Safe to assume the items will auto-unlock in-game?

Question for anybody who redeemed their Explorer's Pack for :ps4: ESO... did it actually download anything? I am still installing the 16gb patch and haven't started the game, but noticed that an 'Explorer's Pack download' didn't queue up anything.

Safe to assume the items will auto-unlock in-game?
I had the same experience when I redeemed the Explorer's Pack. I didn't see anything download. But when I finished downloading the game I could choose to play in any alliance and I had the pet in my collections.

Is there a PS+ 30-day trial code inside ESO like Destiny had?
I did not see a 30-day trial code in my my copy of the game. It came with a slip with the Explorer's Pack code, a slip with an advertisement for Crowns and the ESO Plus Membership and a "manual" with warnings, the controller layout and warranty information.

BBY with all these AAA games for $38 pre-tax is crazy. With minimal time, may have to force myself to only play the games on this list, or at lease half of them.

Wasn't planning to get Madden, MadMax, Battleborn, etc, but can't turn down a free rental or at most, $2-5 loss.

rocking GCU until 2022, hopefully the train does not stop.

When is the latest I can preorder Batman Arkham Knight for the $10 reward certificate? 

Saw that the "midnight" release for west coast is 9pm is that how it is for every game? Hate being on the east coast and by the time you get home and install the game it's 1am or later. Doesn't leave much time to play the game before getting up for work.

Square Enix skipping this promotion is very disappointing, I want so many games from them.

I don't understand though, do publishers lose money or something with this promotion? Why would anyone say no to this promotion? It gives customers extra incentive to buy and its just Best Buy credit.

When is the latest I can preorder Batman Arkham Knight for the $10 reward certificate?

Saw that the "midnight" release for west coast is 9pm is that how it is for every game? Hate being on the east coast and by the time you get home and install the game it's 1am or later. Doesn't leave much time to play the game before getting up for work.
Typically the day before the game releases, but if you go to the "midnight" launch of a game you should pre-order the game before the store closes that day.

Square Enix skipping this promotion is very disappointing, I want so many games from them.
I don't understand though, do publishers lose money or something with this promotion? Why would anyone say no to this promotion? It gives customers extra incentive to buy and its just Best Buy credit.
Maybe they don't want their product associated with coupon/discounts. I remember when Activision required Amazon to call their pre-order bonus XX points instead of $XX promotional credit...i think that was for Black Ops

My money is that there's a split on the loss from a shallow view point on it.

There are various (in less magnitude) reasons why a publisher might want to reject a freebie if that's what BB is offering...but yeah, probably a split to factor in too. 

Since that's what I think, I'm not so inclined to blame publishers for not making the list since who knows what that split would be. 

I'd assume the publisher's lose money (compared to purchasing it full price at anther retailer). If best buy was taking the hit I'd imagine they could offer a cert with any game at their will, possibly structure the promo a bit into something like preorder 6 games and get the 7th free so a certain game doesn't carry a stigma that they need to drop the price in order to sell copies.

Whoever picks up the tab (or they split it somehow) it obviously works or publisher's involved now wouldn't participate in the promo. Hell there's been quite a few games I was on the fence about and the $10 cert helped me pull the trigger.

I'm actually rather surprised that the reward cert isn't for in-store pre-orders only. It would make more sense if they took the hit (or partial hit) in exchange for getting you to come to the store twice.

Wish NHL 16 was on the list.  The features actually look to be pretty full this year.  NHL 15 wasn't terrible at being a hockey game, but it was basically featureless.

I got my ( Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus 500 )ESO preorder bonus points. Did everybody else get theirs, already?
Did you have to preorder by a certain date? I wasn't even aware of such a promotion. Either way, cool of them to do that. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that on future preorders...

Did you have to preorder by a certain date? I wasn't even aware of such a promotion. Either way, cool of them to do that. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that on future preorders...
Nothing like a set date as long as you pre-ordered it. I am sure it'll work even if you got your order the day before release. So, look out for the bonus points. Unless they meant it only for :xb1: which is retarded, you should get it too.

You weren't aware of the "Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus 500" promotion? That's the whole reason for this thread...

I preordered FIFA 16, Fallout 4. MGS V, and Halo 5 on the same order. Bought the Gamers Club membership thing for $30, which saved me $12 off of each game, for a total of $18.

While $18 isn't a huge deal, the membership lasts two years. So if you intend on preordering a bunch this year, or purchase a lot in general, I'd recommend paying for membership. It pays for itself after 3 full price games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back