Best Buy $14.99 games YMMV?

thelonepig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
530 (100%)
I just got back from Best Buy earlier. There were quite a few bins marked $14.99 and they were filled with Video Games. I asked a clerk and he said that he had just set it up this morning as part of a company-wide thing. Just to be safe though, YMMV.

I will try to keep this updated with games that are reported within the thread.

:gba: Rayman Raving Rabbids
:360: Prey
:360: NBA Street Homecourt
:ps3: NBA Street Homecourt
:ps2: Godhand
:ps2: .hack//GU Vol 1
:ps2: Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
:ps2: Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles
:ps2: Stacked
:ps2: Reservoir Dogs

wow I already have .hack//GU vol 1 but for that price a sealed one would be great along with Godhand..

Thanks OP I will check sometime this week

[quote name='I steal SHIPPING']what is YMMV?
You Might Meet Violence?[/quote]

Only if you're sitting outside the store Sunday morning waiting for a Wii. :D

Were the titles up front on a table? If so that's very YMMV. Seems like whatever the manager deems isn't selling well enough.

No table. They were down the middle aisle between the games and the DVDs. They even had the official yellow BB pricetag showing $14.99.

[quote name='dugo_7']i was and still am a newb, so i'll help you out

Your Mileage May Vary

May be different at your local store.....[/QUOTE]

I steal SHIPPING
CAG Veteran

Old Today, 07:22 PM #4
dugo_7
CAG in Training

------------------------

Rookies schooling vets on YMMV? ROFL

Nothing of that nature at my BB, just the front table with an assortment of titles that seems to change weekly (The Darkness 50% off this week).

Also a large table with lots of Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, SMG, and other popular titles. It made me a little giddy before I found out it was just a holding place for extra titles :(

[quote name='expane']I steal SHIPPING
CAG Veteran

Old Today, 07:22 PM #4
dugo_7
CAG in Training

------------------------

Rookies schooling vets on YMMV? ROFL[/QUOTE]
I steal SHIPPING been here since 2006 and made 2 post. He is just another lurker

[quote name='I steal SHIPPING']what is YMMV?
You Might Meet Violence?[/quote]
I didn't know what it meant either

God Hand and Alpha Anthology are the best deals there.
Prey is good but I beat that on PC so I don't care

Last week BB had Stuntman Ignition for the 360 @ $19.99 I couldn't pass up on that deal. Don't know if it was a permanent price drop or just a temporary price drop.

YMMV

[quote name='thelonepig']No table. They were down the middle aisle between the games and the DVDs. They even had the official yellow BB pricetag showing $14.99.[/quote]

My BB has the same sort of thing with $5-$15 titles. Most of them aren't very good. I don't remember specifically what titles were there.

Sorry to ask a possibly stupid question, but are these 'regular stock' or are they 'front lane' games with an extra UPC sticker (that rings as generic 'video game')? I want to pick up Alpha Anthology... I mean, I understand they're a special holiday display...

[quote name='jman619']Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for 14.99 that is really nice. I recommend that game if you don't already have it.[/quote]

I already have Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the PSOne, is it worth it to pick up SFAA?

[quote name='mahzilla']I already have Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the PSOne, is it worth it to pick up SFAA?[/quote]

I was reading up on this as well, and apparently the Anthology is a more complete version with extra characters, and slightly higher res graphics. The jury seems to be out on whether or not it actually looks better. The reason for me to get it is the 'arcade perfect' port of Super Gem Fighters mini Mix (Pocket Fighter) on the disc, because the PS1 version of that game is missing a bunch of frames of animation (from the original and saturn versions of the game).

I've also read that SFA3 on the Anthology is 'the closest to the arcade as there is', but I always thought the Dreamcast version was good. Apparently, I'm wrong on that, as multiple places said the PS1 version was better than the DC version. I guess I was just overjoyed playing it on the DC with the Agetec Arcade Stick...

The long single player (World Tour) mode from Alpha 3 is not in Anthologies, so dont think you can get rid of your SF Alpha 3 game and replace it with this collections disc (you still get all the versus modes).

[quote name='thelonepig']Only if you're sitting outside the store Sunday morning waiting for a Wii. :D[/quote]

Hm......I don't agree.

console_linesjoy2.jpg

[quote name='Ronin317']I was reading up on this as well, and apparently the Anthology is a more complete version with extra characters, and slightly higher res graphics. The jury seems to be out on whether or not it actually looks better. The reason for me to get it is the 'arcade perfect' port of Super Gem Fighters mini Mix (Pocket Fighter) on the disc, because the PS1 version of that game is missing a bunch of frames of animation (from the original and saturn versions of the game).

I've also read that SFA3 on the Anthology is 'the closest to the arcade as there is', but I always thought the Dreamcast version was good. Apparently, I'm wrong on that, as multiple places said the PS1 version was better than the DC version. I guess I was just overjoyed playing it on the DC with the Agetec Arcade Stick...[/quote]

I agree, Pocket Fighter is a pretty good reason to pick up SFAA at this price, I never got the PSOne version. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='Ronin317']Sorry to ask a possibly stupid question, but are these 'regular stock' or are they 'front lane' games with an extra UPC sticker (that rings as generic 'video game')? I want to pick up Alpha Anthology... I mean, I understand they're a special holiday display...[/quote]

Regular stock. The game rings up under its own title with the yellow Bestbuy tag.

[quote name='bstan21']Don't forget the $10 off PS3 coupon for Homecourt.[/quote]

What coupon? Where ?

Is Homecourt any good? I think I played a demo of that, and if its what I'm thinking I'll buy it...for a high price!

Would anyone be willing to pick up an Alpha Anthology for me? I'll pay with paypal (balance transfer). Like what, $18 shipped if you use the current rewardzone coupons? PM me! The only trade I have available is FF12 for the PS2 sealed...unless someone wants a set of burgerking xbox games perfectly mint...

Strangely, my BB has a B2G1F deal. Yes, the same type of deal TRU runs.

Except this one is on crappy old games only that no one wants. But at least this sale lasts forever, it seems. Trust me, you do not want ANY of the games.

But I'd rather have good games for 15 bucks instead.

In this Kmart thread it's pretty much safe to assume that most Kmarts have different prices. Some are the same, some aren't and the guides for Kmart pricing are only to be used as a possible CAG tool, because most of the time it's a waste of time when the prices don't come up!
JUST CALL CLOSEST STORE

[quote name='fshaia']I don't even bother with the BB near me, I have a feeling the employees get everything before the customer[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel the BB by me rarely has any deals that are posted here. Target by me is just as bad if not worse since there selection of games are so small.

[quote name='Eric78DX']In this Kmart thread it's pretty much safe to assume that most Kmarts have different prices. Some are the same, some aren't and the guides for Kmart pricing are only to be used as a possible CAG tool, because most of the time it's a waste of time when the prices don't come up!
JUST CALL CLOSEST STORE[/quote]
except this is a Best Buy thread...

And furthermore, calling Kmart is a mistake, because most of the clearance games are not tagged correctly on the product or on the shelf at many Kmarts around the country. 9/10 Kmart employees just read what is on the game or shelf and repeat it, they don't actually scan the product.

morans-757495.jpg

Just got back from Best Buy a few hours ago.

They had a few bins out in front of the store, but the prices of many of those games were still high. (NBA Homecourt - 29.99) Which sucks because I actually went there specifically for that game.

Anyways I'll call and ask if the price had dropped in a few days.

My BB had a bin with practically every Xbox game in the store marked 9.99. I picked up the second Evil Dead game since I'm a big fan of the movies and at 9.99 I'm a sucker for anything even if the game turns horrible. Tons of copies of Halo and such too. Didn't see anything 14.99, except a metric shit-ton of GBA games, most awful titles, in a giant bin. Good thing is a Sony rep was there and gave me a ton of free swag :O They sold themselves a copy of Folklore thanks to that.

Our local two BB stores put all of the front lane games, as well as many of the $19.99 games into the aforementioned big bins. It's where I picked up my copy of Malice for Xbox from, marked $4.99.

I thought bout getting Aquaman for Xbox, just to see how shittastic it is, but I've learned my lesson to not get games that're touted as 'horrid' just to see HOW horrid they really ARE.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I thought bout getting Aquaman for Xbox, just to see how shittastic it is, but I've learned my lesson to not get games that're touted as 'horrid' just to see HOW horrid they really ARE.[/quote]

haha so i shouldnt give sonic 360 a chance?

bread's done
Back