Best Buy: 15% off PC Game & Video Card

rennervision

CAGiversary!
This deal worked out great for me, because I was building a new PC.

At Best Buy, you can choose any PC game priced $29.99 or higher, along with any BFG video card $149.99 or higher, and get 15% off both the game and the card. There is a similar deal for ATI cards, but you get $30 off instead of 15%.

Worth noting, there is another deal available online but it is not as good. The 15% discount is applied to the video card ONLY. But I've confirmed with two Best Buys in the Columbus, OH area that if purchased inside the store they are deducting the 15% off both items. Weird that there is no mention of this deal in their weekly ads.

I was able to pick up a 7800 GS OC with Hitman: Blood Money, and ended up with a total that was less than the retail price for the actual card.

[quote name='dandylife']Do you know when this expires?[/quote]

Maybe for the rest of the week - but that's just a guess. What's funny is the salespeople don't seem to know about it if you ask them (although I saw a little statement about the deal attached to the PC game shelves). It just rings up 15% off for both items when you scan them.

[quote name='friedram']www.newegg.com will likely give you much better prices on hardware. [/quote]

Definitely. Most of my PC parts came from newegg. Maybe I should've just included that video card in my order. (They now have it as $100 cheaper with rebate!) For some weird reason that was the one piece of hardware I wanted to buy at a retail store. I didn't want to get in a situation where it wasn't working, and I was unable to go down the street to exchange it.

Hmm I bought a BFG card from a Best Buy B&M store.... They never mentioned to me about that %15 off deal..

If I bring back my recipt I wonder if they will offer the deal if I buy a PC game? I want to get a copy of City of Villains. :)

[quote name='rennervision']If not, buy the card again then return it still sealed with your first receipt! :D[/quote]

I dont't think you can do that because they can the UPC/serial # from the card and link it to your receipt IIRC.

bread's done
Back