Best Buy - 16GB Memory Card for PlayStation Vita $29.99

[quote name='callmewoof']Thanks OP! Only 1 of several stores was in stock locally, but I ordered for store pickup and got the email that it's ready for pickup. A very needed upgrade from my 4gb starter card that came with the system.[/QUOTE]

Agreed all these free ps plus games wouldn't fit on the 4gb card. 16gb should be plenty

Already have 2 of these, but thanks OP! Waiting on a 32 since the 16 can't hold everything I need it to (so I have my software split between the two cards atm).

[quote name='shakespeare']Price matched at Target! Got two with 5% off...thanks![/QUOTE]

Everyone who can't get one locally I would at least go try this. Just picked up one even if I didn't get the extra 5% off or whatever.

32 bucks for showing some guy in the electronics department a website. I asked customer service and she said that it couldn't be a clearance item and it had to be in stock. Not sure if these are buried somewhere in the price match policy, but it worked for me.

I mean it's gray area I guess because technically I could drive an hour and get one "in stock" at a store, but I dunno why that should matter if A-Holes horde stuff and it goes OOS.

Going to play me some PSO 2 now. Finally.

Ordered this and another item for store pickup when it was clearly listed in stock, used $20 in RZ certs, now they cancelled only the card, leaving me with a sub $10 item purchase so I won't get the 500 bonus points, and gave me a prorated digital coupon code that expires two months earlier than the RZ certs I applied that can't even be used in store...what the fuck is this shit

[quote name='plus1zero']Should've bitten last night when it was still available. Meh, it's all good.[/QUOTE]
it's in stores too i just got back from Best Buy and they have the $29.99 price tag in it

Ordered one early this morning for in-store pickup. Never got an email to go pick up the item, despite being charged for one. All the stores show oos now. =\

Update: Called up the store. They have my order as "no pick", so I've been charged but there's no item for me. The rep said I should have been refunded, but have not been.

Update: Called Best Buy and had the order cancelled. Still waiting for my money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the 16gb after ordering an instore pickup. Thanks for the heads up, now I can actually fit a few more games on the vita.

[quote name='plus1zero']Should've bitten last night when it was still available. Meh, it's all good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but everywhere is sold out :(

I think I am going to wait on the 32GB to drop to $60 or less even though this 16GB is a good deal. I just do not see 16GB as enough.

You would think Sony would want to sell these cheaper. More memory means more purchases of PSN games. I know myself I have skipped on 5 or 6 games just because of the memory limitations and not being willing to spend the money on a higher GB card.

Thanks for the information about this anyways OP!

[quote name='plus1zero']How good is that rocket fish starter kit? I just got my vita last week and probably need a case or pouch of some sort[/QUOTE]

I bought it back in December when it was $7.99. It's decent. The case itself has 2 pouches. One to fit accessories and the other to keep your vita in. The vita pouch does not have a lot of leeway in it, so if you have a silicone protector over your vita, it's gonna be REALLY snug. I keep games in the other pouch if I'm not taking the game case along with me, along with the AR cards. Can't vouch for the screen protectors though, as I bought a Hori one for my vita.

Best buy holmdel, NJ showing unavailable on the website. Just came back from the store and they had at least 10 and they were tagged $29.99 clearance. Didnt get any b/c I have a 32gb already.

Of course, no Best Buy within 100 miles has the damn thing, can't even get a store pick up from any relatives in other states as none of those have it either. In fact, I haven't seen one in a best buy since before Christmas.

Dang, website says all local ones are out of stock. This is what I get for not checking CAG before going to sleep! I always miss out on deals. :(

[quote name='Magic_Knight']Was in for 2, but wow, in store pick up only, and 10 stores in my area say "unavailable". And this after I bought the 32GB one for $72 at Newegg, only to have it lost in the mail by USPS. Showed delivered on March 7th, hasn't showed up, and post office doesn't have it either. WTF.[/QUOTE]

I bought a 16GB from Newegg and had the same problem.
I called Newegg up a few days after it said delivered and still hadn't showed up. They put the request in to investigate, about 7-8 business days later, Newegg shipped a new one. I received that one.

No Best Buy store near me has these in stock either. They all have only been carrying the 8gb card for awhile now for whatever reason.

[quote name='outerlimit']I bought a 16GB from Newegg and had the same problem.
I called Newegg up a few days after it said delivered and still hadn't showed up. They put the request in to investigate, about 7-8 business days later, Newegg shipped a new one. I received that one.

No Best Buy store near me has these in stock either. They all have only been carrying the 8gb card for awhile now for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

Reason is probably shrinkage. These things are small and are apparently lifted at disgusting rates. Gaming associate at one of my Best Buys said vita memory cards were their highest loss item last quarter.

Bestbuy.com said this was in stock locally, but my order did not go through. Called the store and they confirmed the website's availability status is incorrect. Oh well, I can live with the 4GB for now...good job anyone in Seattle area who snagged this.

[quote name='traxstar']Matched at target n used my red card[/QUOTE]

My local target in Elmhurst, NY (Queens) was perfectly happy to price match. The guy at "customer service" just pulled up Best Buy's site on his phone and I got it for the $29.99.

EVERYONE JUST TO GO TARGET!

[quote name='Geco17']There's also a bunch of PS Vita accessories on sale as well. But the thing about these prices, along with the memory card, it doesn't state sale. Seems more like a price drop than anything. Maybe they're clearing space for possible new Sony accessories?

Cradle
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+America+-+Cradle+for+PlayStation+Vita/4732063.p?id=1218517748103&skuId=4732063&st=ps%20vita%20cradle&cp=1&lp=1

Rocketfish Starter Pack
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish+-+Rocketfish%BF+PS+Vita+Starter+Kit/6314893.p?id=1218727577262&skuId=6314893

USB Cord
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+America+-+USB+Cable+for+PlayStation+Vita/4732328.p?id=1218517749745&skuId=4732328

AC Adapter
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+America+-+AC+Adaptor+for+PlayStation+Vita/4731498.p?id=1218517748319&skuId=4731498

Car Charger
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+America+-+Car+Adaptor+for+PlayStation+Vita/4799994.p?id=1218532170650&skuId=4799994

Fold Out Carrying Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Computer+Entertainment+America+-+Carrying+Case+for+PlayStation+Vita/4732054.p?id=1218517747967&skuId=4732054[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! I picked up the Rocketfish Case (needed the game holder primarily the game card case), and Vita Cradle. I was waiting for that thing to drop lower than $10. I wouldn't mind picking up an extra USB cable or two for my Vita, but not for $10. Thanks again!

[quote name='Jerkface Killah']My local target in Elmhurst, NY (Queens) was perfectly happy to price match. The guy at "customer service" just pulled up Best Buy's site on his phone and I got it for the $29.99.

EVERYONE JUST TO GO TARGET![/QUOTE]
Will they price match even if it says not available for shipping and its unavailable at all the local best buys?

Drove to the 3 local BB stores and they only had the 32 GB card in stock. I'll hit up Target for the price match tomorrow. I just hope they aren't knowledgeable on their own policy. Target's policies says the competitors item has to be in stock.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']Will they price match even if it says not available for shipping and its unavailable at all the local best buys?[/QUOTE]

The guy at Customer Service just asked looked at the Best Buy price and said "OK", and grabbed a manager to do the price match. Maybe some people will be strict about it, but I doubt it.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks man! I picked up the Rocketfish Case (needed the game holder primarily the game card case), and Vita Cradle. I was waiting for that thing to drop lower than $10. I wouldn't mind picking up an extra USB cable or two for my Vita, but not for $10. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Have you checked Sears? They have had clearance prices on Vita accessories for a while. I picked up the cradle and usb cable for $2.97 each yesterday.

[quote name='Jerkface Killah']The guy at Customer Service just asked looked at the Best Buy price and said "OK", and grabbed a manager to do the price match. Maybe some people will be strict about it, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see them do it at the Target there. They are cool there sometimes. Like when i got the PS Plus 1yr cards for $13

[quote name='Palinn']Have you checked Sears? They have had clearance prices on Vita accessories for a while. I picked up the cradle and usb cable for $2.97 each yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Between work and school, I have very little time to bargain hunt. It sucks, but I'll check out Sears this week. Thanks for the heads up.

I JUST went to my local Target and price matched the Vita memory card. Since I have their credit card, I was able to get another 5% off. Give it a try if it's in stock at your local Target.

Was able to price match this at Target as well. I tried Best Buy first but they didn't have any and weren't able to get a hold of one for me from another store.

Just got a price match from Target as well, took awhile, the ladies had to read and re-read and re-read and re-read the product description to make sure the item in front of them matched that on the BB website. Surprised they still price matched even though it was out of stock.

Price matched 1 at target. Went to BB and totally forgot to ask someone if they can price match the 32GB att price, got AC3 guide anyway. This BB is at westheimer near west oaks in Houston, lots of halo guides, 1 ac3 guide and a ton of 32GB vita cards( if you are planning on price matching att with them).

Check your ATT stores too, they might still have the vita mem cards for half price. Unfortunately for me the att store near me has sent back their stock already.

Ordered and in store picked up today. Good Deal the 4 GB that came with my starter kit was immediately not cutting it.

Target price matched it for me, too. Was afraid they wouldn't after an incident I had with a PM a couple months ago, where the item was out of stock online and that was was the reason they gave for rejection. Got lucky!

Closest BB had 8 in stock today even though it was listed as unavailable online. Already have a 32 so I didn't pick any up, but I'd be happy to purchase and mail at cost to CAG's if there are any left tomorrow.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Between work and school, I have very little time to bargain hunt. It sucks, but I'll check out Sears this week. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

EVERYDAY I'M HUSTLIN
EVERYDAY I'M HUSTLIN
EVERYDAY I'M HUSTLIN

sorry couldn't resist lol

Guess I'll swing by tomorrow and try my luck. I'm loving the vita so far. This thing has so much potential, I hope Sony invests in it a little more.

Finally managed to get a deal. I have 2 Targets on my town, the first one I went (the oldest one) didn't let me do a price match. They told me I had to take the Ad, even after I told them it was on the site and showed a picture I took of the BestBuy price tag from the store.

Then went to the 2nd one, which is farther for me. They say "Sure, bring the product, we will use our tablet app scan the code bar and check it". Well did that, they check it, saw it was 29.99 on Bestbuy.com and didn't ask twice on price matching the price.

So got lucky on my 2nd try. Thanks for the heads up guys of the Target price matching.

No luck as usual. Tried target to get a price match... And of course they checked best buy for availability.. Why wouldnt they

Not sure if its a glitch, but just checked and this was listed for instore pickup at all of my local best buys, when yesterday only 1 had it in stock

Not getting my hopes up, but worth a shot

[quote name='billbloodshed']Not sure if its a glitch, but just checked and this was listed for instore pickup at all of my local best buys, when yesterday only 1 had it in stock

Not getting my hopes up, but worth a shot[/QUOTE]
Same here, all stores showing in-stock.

bread's done
Back