Best Buy 2/13 - 2/19 Movie Deals

SoulProphet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
:br: ("?" equals don't know if it can be Combo Packs)
Unstoppable (BD + DC) - 21.99
Waiting For Superman (1-Disc) - 21.99
Inception (1-disc?) - 13.99
The Other Guys (1-disc?) - 13.99
The Town (1-Disc?) - 13.99
Salt - 13.99
Saw: The Final Chapter (1-disc?) - 13.99
Eat Pray Love - 13.99
Easy A - 13.99
Toy Story 3 (1-Disc? Do They Even Have 1 Disc Copies?) - 13.99
The Social Network - 16.99
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (1-Disc?) - 16.99
Knight And Day - 16.99
Secretariat - 16.99
Dinner For Schmucks - 16.99
Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time (Hope Its The Three Disc One) - 16.99
Step Up 3 - 16.99
Shrek: The Final Chapter - 16.99

:dvd:
Unstoppable - 16.99
Waiting For Superman - 16.99

Inception
The Other Guys
The Town
Salt
Saw: The Final Chapter
Eat Pray Love
Easy A
Toy Story 3

The Social Network
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
Knight And Day
Secretariat
Dinner For Schmucks
Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time
Step Up 3
Shrek: The Final Chapter

Would love to finally pick up Inception, Toy Story 3 and The Town. Guess I'll see what versions they are soon enough...

salt and the town maybe. I really do want all the extra features for inception when ever I do pick it up and watch it for the second time. thanx OP.

does the ad show the pictures of the covers for said titles under question?? It is bestbuy's big thing this year is to have their own "exclusive" versions which are just the stripped down movie. Maybe this is their first big push?

Easy A blu for $9.99 is a pretty good deal. That movie was surprisingly good for something I didn't think would be great.

Best Buy (at least out here, so not sure if it's company-wide) does a manufacturer coupon post-tax, so you could purchase any movies that had coupons in advance with the coupon, then go back and do a PA or return/rebuy, since the coupon value isn't deducted from the item price.

In other words, it would look like:
Movie #1 - $13.99
Tax - $0.90
Total - $14.89

Manufacturer Coupon - $4.00
Credit card / cash - $10.89

I'm planning to pick up any movies that have coupons before the sale goes on and then go back for a price adjustment, just to make sure I can get them.

Target (again, out here, so not sure if company wide) does coupons pre-tax, so you're saving on whatever taxable amount you have on $4, though you'd need to do a PM to do it. I can't see Target saying no to a PM since it's a manufacturer coupon and they get reimbursed for them.

In CA I've found Target coupons usually ring up post-tax, unfortunately.

And if you bought Easy A at 16.99 the last time it was on sale it should be within the 30 day PM policy at Best Buy.. I'm bracing for a bit of an issue, I ordered online and used a $5 RZ cert which sometimes throws a monkey wrench into the whole process... (I've seen BB claiming the "after cert" price as the basis for the PM)

[quote name='shrike4242']Best Buy (at least out here, so not sure if it's company-wide) does a manufacturer coupon post-tax, so you could purchase any movies that had coupons in advance with the coupon, then go back and do a PA or return/rebuy, since the coupon value isn't deducted from the item price.

Movie #1 - $13.99
Tax - $0.90
Total - $14.89

I'm planning to pick up any movies that have coupons before the sale goes on and then go back for a price adjustment, just to make sure I can get them.

Target (again, out here, so not sure if company wide) does coupons pre-tax, so you're saving on whatever taxable amount you have on $4, though you'd need to do a PM to do it. I can't see Target saying no to a PM since it's a manufacturer coupon and they get reimbursed for them.[/QUOTE]
I'm not being a jerk, just asking: Is all that to save $ you were charged tax on the $4??? If your buying a handful of movies and have a high tax rate, that's a great idea....not sure if I'll do it for $0.20 though

Will Amazon price match? Because BB online price is ($26.99 blu-ray, $16.49 dvd) and I don't think they price-match weekly local ads.

[quote name='simpleblur']Will Amazon price match? Because BB online price is ($26.99 blu-ray, $16.49 dvd) and I don't think they price-match weekly local ads.[/QUOTE]

1. It is 2/12. The sale prices start tomorrow.
2. Amazon is constantly matching weekly ads for movies and video games.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']1. It is 2/12. The sale prices start tomorrow.
2. Amazon is constantly matching weekly ads for movies and video games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, for some reason I thought it started on the 11th. Sleep before post.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Inception (2 disc blu) is matched at amazon.

M[/QUOTE]
so based off that it is not a stripped down version at bestbuy huh?? good to hear

Nice! They also matched the extended cut of The Town and the 2-Disc set of Toy Story 3. Now, to purchase tax-free with free Prime shipping on Amazon or pay tax at Best Buy to get the RZ points. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='shadowkast']I'm not being a jerk, just asking: Is all that to save $ you were charged tax on the $4??? If your buying a handful of movies and have a high tax rate, that's a great idea....not sure if I'll do it for $0.20 though[/QUOTE]Some people would rather deal with Target and a PM than deal with BB, so that's also into it.

Not all places handle coupons pre-tax, so it may be a moot issue. The manufacturer coupons like this are scan-able at the register via their UPC at Target, and not so at Best Buy.

The pre-tax/post-tax isn't the only issue, though it's one among many to decide on where you'd want to use the coupons.

[quote name='shadowkast']so based off that it is not a stripped down version at bestbuy huh?? good to hear[/QUOTE]

It is a 1 disc version at Best Buy.

Even though I had a gift card for Best Buy I passed on Inception since the bonus content on the 2 disc seemed pretty cool. I'll pick it up from Amazon instead.

Did get Easy A with the $4 coupon (see coupon thread).

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Inception (2 disc blu) is matched at amazon.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, nice. I was going to skip this at Best Buy since it was almost certainly the single disc and hold out for the two-disc version, but thanks to Amazon I guess I'll be getting it now anyway. With the credit that I still had left from the Living Social coupon (I had used some, but not all of it), it was even cheaper.

While I highly suspect that the movie will be even cheaper in the not too distant future (or by Black Friday at the latest), that'll probably be the single-disc version.

[quote name='shrike4242']Some people would rather deal with Target and a PM than deal with BB, so that's also into it.

Not all places handle coupons pre-tax, so it may be a moot issue. The manufacturer coupons like this are scan-able at the register via their UPC at Target, and not so at Best Buy.

The pre-tax/post-tax isn't the only issue, though it's one among many to decide on where you'd want to use the coupons.[/QUOTE]
ahhh ok. I feel ya. My target and best buy (both brand new store) are literally right next to each other. So often I only go into bestbuy to get the flyer;)

That's a shame it's the 1disc @ BB and the 2disc @ amazon. Good job amazon!!!

Went to Best Buy to get The Town for 13.99. I noticed that the version of Inception on sale was the BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. Just putting it out there because I noticed some people are saying that it's the one disc version of Inception at BB. Good for Amazon PM'ing these prices though.

Thanks OP.

BB has both the 1 disc and the Blu-ray combo Pack of Inception on sell for $13.99 on their website. I was trying to get it from Amazon but it doesn't show the combo pack on their website? Can anyone help?

[quote name='shrike4242']Best Buy (at least out here, so not sure if it's company-wide) does a manufacturer coupon post-tax, so you could purchase any movies that had coupons in advance with the coupon, then go back and do a PA or return/rebuy, since the coupon value isn't deducted from the item price.

Movie #1 - $13.99
Tax - $0.90
Total - $14.89

Target (again, out here, so not sure if company wide) does coupons pre-tax, so you're saving on whatever taxable amount you have on $4, though you'd need to do a PM to do it. I can't see Target saying no to a PM since it's a manufacturer coupon and they get reimbursed for them.[/QUOTE]

Tried getting easy a with coupon and shot down... "to use the coupon, the movie has to be full price"... Bahhhhhhhh...

If they denied you at BB then just price-match at Target, I got it for $9.99 there no problems. Just make sure to get the physical weekly ad from BB.

A little late but Amazon price matched Beauty and the Beast for $16.99. Not as great of a deal as last $14.99 (not to mention original release date deals). Still a good price for people late getting in on this deal.

Scooped up The Town Extended, Toy Story 3 2-Disc, and Inception combo pack today. Also saw Resident Evil: Afterlife for $13.99 so I grabbed that too, and in the case was a coupon from Sony for $5 off a variety of movies, among them Easy A. Hoping to use that at Target later this week. Better than the coupons.com deal! The other options were The Other Guys, Grown Ups, Eat Pray Love, Salt, The Karate Kid, Justified season 1 and Virginity Hit, if anyone is interested. DVD or Blu-ray.

[quote name='Jumpman 23']So is the 2 disc on Amazon the blu-ray combo pack BR/Dvd/DC or just the BR and bonus disc?[/QUOTE]

I received my order from Amazon today and I got the 2 disc version with BR/DVD/DC and slipcover.

[quote name='bassist51']Went to Best Buy to get The Town for 13.99. I noticed that the version of Inception on sale was the BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. Just putting it out there because I noticed some people are saying that it's the one disc version of Inception at BB. Good for Amazon PM'ing these prices though.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I may have to go and check my BB out. I was holding off on it because I wanted to combo pack and if it's ringing up at $13.99 then I'm there.

Does anyone know if The Other Guys combo pack is ringing up at $13.99?

[quote name='neoz']Hmm I may have to go and check my BB out. I was holding off on it because I wanted to combo pack and if it's ringing up at $13.99 then I'm there.

Does anyone know if The Other Guys combo pack is ringing up at $13.99?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the 13.99 price for the Inception combo pack is valid at all stores since the website lists it at that price. Worst case scenario is you might have to go through customer service to price match their own website.

The 13.99 price on The Other Guys might be only for the single disc since that version is the one on their website right now. I think if it was on sale (the combo pack) Amazon would've matched it by now, which would have been the better deal given Prime shipping and no tax (in certain places).

bread's done
Back