CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
BB again has some dvd and blurays on sale next week:

Due Date (DVD) - 13.99 (2-Disc BD) - 19.99 (BD + DVD) - 24.99

All Star Superman (BD + DVD + DC) - 19.99 w/ Figurine

Weeds Season 6 (DVD) - 23.99

Megamind (DVD) - 13.99 (BD + DVD) - 19.99

Deal From This Week Extends To Next Week. Check the Website For Which Version Is On Sale If Applicable
8.99 DVD/13.99 BD
Toy Story 3
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Let Me In
Legends Of The Guardians: Owls Of Ga'Hoole
The Last Exorcism
Family Guy: It's A Trap
Sex And The City 2

11.99 DVD/16.99 BD
The Social Network
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
The A-Team
The Sorceror's Stone
Shrek: The Final Chapter
Alice In Wonderland (Real Actors Version)
How To Train A Dragon
Beauty And The Beast

[quote name='Justin42']Has anyone tried using the 10% off coupons floating around with Scott Pilgrim? I know coupons usually don't work with sale prices anymore but they still do occasionally on some random items...[/QUOTE]

My BB is on to that sort of thing. There is no way I could even attempt it anymore with a straight face.

M

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'd watch Scott Pilgrim if they re-made it with anyone other than Michael Cera.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vulcan2422']That's a crappy excuse to not see such an under rated amazing movie.[/QUOTE]
actually as much as I loved the books and the game....I put off seeing the movie quite a long time because they had Cera as Scott. I hate the guy as an actor.

[quote name='shadowkast']actually as much as I loved the books and the game....I put off seeing the movie quite a long time because they had Cera as Scott. I hate the guy as an actor.[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding. I really can't stand the kid. Maybe I could find a new version where he is blocked out in each scene.

[quote name='Justin42']Has anyone tried using the 10% off coupons floating around with Scott Pilgrim? I know coupons usually don't work with sale prices anymore but they still do occasionally on some random items...[/QUOTE]

Worked for me at my local Best Buy. It really depends on the BB that you go to. Some are more than happy to apply the 10% off discount. Others will not.

Just a "warning" of sorts if you buy any Blu-Rays with slipcovers from Best Buy (though this may be a YMMV situation): The idiots put the price sticker ON the slip covers. It was hell getting that off for Let Me In, and even after using three electronic wipes, it's still ugly and sticky. (Poor Richard Jenkins, whose fine name is now smeared with their sticker goo.) :(

Any recommendations on what I could do to get that gunk off? -- EDIT: Spraying some Goo Gone onto an electronic wipe worked like a charm! --

Same issue with Scott Pilgrim, but perhaps because the slipcover is a different material, the price stickers came right off without a hitch on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nietzsche74']Does anyone know if the Last Exorcism Blu-ray is a combo pack w/ a DVD version. A "disc #2" is vaguely mentioned in the description on the BB website, and it looks like something regarding a combo pack is mentioned on the cover, but the picture is much too small to make anything out.

Also, is All Star Superman some kind of horror movie???
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/All-Sta...t=All-Star_Superman_Movies_20110213&lp=2&cp=1[/QUOTE]
LOL! They put the description for Psych 9 under Superman... how TOTALLY different!

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Just a "warning" of sorts if you buy any Blu-Rays with slipcovers from Best Buy (though this may be a YMMV situation): The idiots put the price sticker ON the slip covers. It was hell getting that off for Let Me In, and even after using three electronic wipes, it's still ugly and sticky. (Poor Richard Jenkins, whose fine name is now smeared with their sticker goo.) :(

Any recommendations on what I could do to get that gunk off? -- EDIT: Spraying some Goo Gone onto an electronic wipe worked like a charm! --

Same issue with Scott Pilgrim, but perhaps because the slipcover is a different material, the price stickers came right off without a hitch on that one.[/QUOTE]

Use a hairdryer to warm up the stickers. That releases the glue and you should be able to remove just about any sticker without issue.

M

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Just a "warning" of sorts if you buy any Blu-Rays with slipcovers from Best Buy (though this may be a YMMV situation): The idiots put the price sticker ON the slip covers. It was hell getting that off for Let Me In, and even after using three electronic wipes, it's still ugly and sticky. (Poor Richard Jenkins, whose fine name is now smeared with their sticker goo.) :(

Same issue with Scott Pilgrim, but perhaps because the slipcover is a different material, the price stickers came right off without a hitch on that one.[/QUOTE]

I suggest Goo Gone, you can get it at Wal Mart for about $5 in a spray bottle. I take a Q-Tip and rub it on the sticker then wait a few minutes and then it should come off very easily. If there is any residue on it after that you can rub some more on there then wipe it off some toilet paper and it should be fine. If you like slipcovers then you should join my fellow slips nuts at the other site.:) If you want I'll PM you.

[quote name='neoz']I suggest Goo Gone, you can get it at Wal Mart for about $5 in a spray bottle. I take a Q-Tip and rub it on the sticker then wait a few minutes and then it should come off very easily. If there is any residue on it after that you can rub some more on there then wipe it off some toilet paper and it should be fine. If you like slipcovers then you should join my fellow slips nuts at the other site.:) If you want I'll PM you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Goo Gone worked like a charm. Anyway, I'm curious about this Secret Slipcover Society of yours, so sure, send me a PM. :)

Finally got to BB and grabbed The Last Exorcism and Let Me In. (@dmdragon: haha. Yeah, I know, but I've been dying to see it and refuse to spend more than $15 on a movie, ever.) Also used the $5 manufacturer's coupon I got from RE: Afterlife on Easy A without a problem, snagging it for $8.99. Passed on their 1-disc version of Scott Pilgrim and instead ordered it on Amazon. Trade-in credit + no tax + free Prime shipping = "free" movie! Rad.

bread's done
Back