Best Buy $2 Clearance: CAG State of the Sale

I picked up about 7 ps2 games and then went to work "Walmart" and had them price match the ones they had there :)
Sucked about the games up from because i saw a bunch of psp games but they rang up at normal price.

[quote name='Legolas813']Dreamfall for $1.99? Damn that's a great price.[/quote]
Well, damnit, there goes another Xbox game I'd like to have found. :cry:

Only game I was able to come across was Pokemon Dash...

Wanted Tony Hawk 360 the most but those that have it arent letting it go very easily.

[quote name='io']
As 3QGojo reports above, if you remove the UPC stickers to reveal the true UPC they will ring up on sale. Of course, this is very YMMV and is not something you should do on your own. If the employees tell you to or offer to do it, then by all means go for it. I'm guessing that all these games "not ringing up right" or from stores "not participating in the sale" or where the stores have "changed prices themselves back to MSRP" are all really the same small set of games that you were MORE LIKELY to find as they had these stickers and thus weren't bought by anyone else. I saw a stack of these by the register at one store where everyone had brought them up and then declined to buy them when they didn't ring up as expected.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you really meant to say me or not. What I was saying above was that I managed to get the correct prices on a few titles that had UPCs over the bar codes because they had actual tabs behind the games themselves that said "game title" $1.99. So basically when they rang up incorrectly I said "That's not what the price sticker says on the shelve." I showed someone the prices on the shelves and they gave me the lower price, because otherwise it's really false advertising to say hey this game is $1.99 and then have it ring up as $9.99 when the only price I had to go by was the one on the tab since there was no sticker on the games themselves.

[quote name='3QGojo']I don't know if you really meant to say me or not. What I was saying above was that I managed to get the correct prices on a few titles that had UPCs over the bar codes because they had actual tabs behind the games themselves that said "game title" $1.99. So basically when they rang up incorrectly I said "That's not what the price sticker says on the shelve." I showed someone the prices on the shelves and they gave me the lower price, because otherwise it's really false advertising to say hey this game is $1.99 and then have it ring up as $9.99 when the only price I had to go by was the one on the tab since there was no sticker on the games themselves.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see... They were too clever for that at my Best Buy and did not change the shelf tags for things that had new UPC stickers over the old ones (thus making those ring up at $9.99 or $14.99). They really shouldn't have sold you those ones with the stickers (and I mean UPC stickers not price stickers) as those are different stock than the clearance games WITHOUT new UPC stickers on them. But, as you say, if they have a shelf tag noting the lower price then they should honor it. I had thought you said they removed the UPC stickers for you.

Edit - looked back at my post and I only referred to you as you had the issue with the stickers over the UPC making them ring up higher. My reference to removing them was to someone else (who said the employees let him do this). At the Best Buys I went to all the "clearance" games with stickers over the UPC also had giant $9.99 or $14.99 stickers on the front of the game so it would be hard to convince them to sell for less. Sorry, a bit confusing there - this whole sale has been very confusing ;).

Like others, I found Nanobreaker at $9.99.

The manager didn't want to manually enter the title, and it didn't scan as a generic title either. Funny thing is it rang up as Front Lane 3 - a totally different game, though I never heard of it.

Even if it was pre-Christmas stock, isn't that a poor business practice to have an incorrect SKU in the system? How in the world would someone return Nanobreaker for whatever reason, if the receipt shows a completely different title?

[quote name='Caliburn']Like others, I found Nanobreaker at $9.99.

The manager didn't want to manually enter the title, and it didn't scan as a generic title either. Funny thing is it rang up as [highlight]Front Lane 3[/highlight] - a totally different game, though I never heard of it.

Even if it was pre-Christmas stock, isn't that a poor business practice to have an incorrect SKU in the system? How in the world would someone return Nanobreaker for whatever reason, if the receipt shows a completely different title?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

All the cheap pre-Christmas clearance games ring up that way. It isn't a game title - it is a reference to the displays set up near the front registers (or "front lane"). One Piece Pirate's Carnival (which I just bought last night) comes up the same way. That must be the generic $9.99 UPC sticker they are using for these games. They are not supposed to be with the rest of the games but in special displays up on the front of the store near the candy and whatnot.

[quote name='Caliburn']
The manager didn't want to manually enter the title, and it didn't scan as a generic title either. Funny thing is it rang up as Front Lane 3 - a totally different game, though I never heard of it.[/quote]

Front Lane is a generic term for games found at the front of the stores by the checkout lanes.

How long is this "sale" supposed to be? or is it just thier new prices till they are gone.

Being the walmart where i work matched the prices on the best buy list (after calling to verify each one) I was thinking of hitting them again to score some more copies so i can use em as trades.

[quote name='avalonmusic']How long is this "sale" supposed to be? or is it just thier new prices till they are gone.

Being the walmart where i work matched the prices on the best buy list (after calling to verify each one) I was thinking of hitting them again to score some more copies so i can use em as trades.[/quote]

so wait,
walmart is willing to price match the best buy's clearance? How do you do this? print the list & ask a walmart employee to call & verify each games actual price?
I thought they don't if it's out of stock & such.....

Since my walmart had TONS of Mario Party 7 as well as others.... - would definately love to snag this!!

Meh, I didn't know. Nanobreaker was with the rest of the PS2 games, unmarked and on a shelf in the rear of the store between PS2 titles and strategy guides. I checked the store's front displays and they didn't have any copies of Nanobreaker there.

I just remember NB shelved there for the longest time. Some BB employee probably threw the titles there since he couldn't find the placard with the other games.

Still looking for

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Mario Party 7
DDR ultramix (w or w/o bundle)

on a lesser want
Lunar DS
Pokemon Dash DS

PM me if you can help a gal out.

[quote name='guynextshore']so wait,
walmart is willing to price match the best buy's clearance? How do you do this? print the list & ask a walmart employee to call & verify each games actual price?
I thought they don't if it's out of stock & such.....

Since my walmart had TONS of Mario Party 7 as well as others.... - would definately love to snag this!![/quote]

Well i work there so i don't know if that helped me, Also NOBODY wanted to do it but i kept on them and had the person at the service desk call and verify the ones that they had that where on the list.
Then she called electronics and to;d them what ones i could get and for what price.
They did tell the service desk person that a few of the list items where normal priced even tho they where on the list.

And also told her that most where not listed in thier computers any longer but being BB said "But if we had em in stock they would be $1.99 blah blah.

so i got em. the electronics guy selling them to me did not wanna sell em for that price, I could tell by the way he kept stalling while trying to scan em in and price adjust em.

So i would say to take your list and tell the worker that best buy has these games listed for this price.
And being it's not really a sale and it's just thier new price they should do it.
Some stores might say no because there is no paper ad.. but keep on em and say "It's not a sale..it's just thier new price".

Working for Walmart for about 6 years i know they HATE to price match because it shows they really don't have the lowest prices.

In fact CC and BB always beat us and we price match thier ad's quite often.

[quote name='io']Ah, I see... They were too clever for that at my Best Buy and did not change the shelf tags for things that had new UPC stickers over the old ones (thus making those ring up at $9.99 or $14.99). They really shouldn't have sold you those ones with the stickers (and I mean UPC stickers not price stickers) as those are different stock than the clearance games WITHOUT new UPC stickers on them. But, as you say, if they have a shelf tag noting the lower price then they should honor it. I had thought you said they removed the UPC stickers for you.

Edit - looked back at my post and I only referred to you as you had the issue with the stickers over the UPC making them ring up higher. My reference to removing them was to someone else (who said the employees let him do this). At the Best Buys I went to all the "clearance" games with stickers over the UPC also had giant $9.99 or $14.99 stickers on the front of the game so it would be hard to convince them to sell for less. Sorry, a bit confusing there - this whole sale has been very confusing ;).[/QUOTE]

It's cool, I just wanted people to know I wasn't removing UPC codes. I didn't get much from this clearance, but I picked up a few titles for really cheap and tgat's all I was really hoping for.

bread's done
Back