Best Buy 2 year replacement Warranty?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

taint mcgee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Ok, heres the deal, my friend had an xbox 360 and also had a party. His xbox got stolen at this party by his sisters friend. Push came to shove and he never got his 360 back. Now we come to my question. He gave me his reciept for it and his 2 year replacement plan warranty. Is best buy gonna know if i return my 360 with his reciept. The plan says its transferrable but im assuming that means it transfers with teh xbox. Is there a way they can tell, and if so are they gonna care if its not the same xbox?:drool:

If the serial number is on the receipt then you can't use it. Otherwise, they won't know.

As far as I know, Best Buy only recently started tracking serial numbers on the 360, shortly before the release of the HDMI/falcon equipped models, so if you have an old receipt from 6 months ago or longer then you should be good to go.

I'm 99% sure that they track any item with a serial so that they don't get screwed... stores started doing this because of, ironically enough, people like you. They started doing it last gen when people would buy a new system, swap out the new one for their broken one, and return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back