Best Buy - 3DS Game Sale - Fire Emblem: Awakening $29.99 + More

[quote name='Flame Killa']You should be able to price match, right? I'm going to try to tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yea I just did it today. As long as its within the return date you're fine.

You guys think Fire Emblem will hit $20 eventually? I already have a couple copies but want a few more since you only get a couple save slots per cart. Wondering if this is as low as it will go

[quote name='Kenshindono']You guys think Fire Emblem will hit $20 eventually? I already have a couple copies but want a few more since you only get a couple save slots per cart. Wondering if this is as low as it will go[/QUOTE]

Good lord man, are you serious? Why in the world..are you playing through 3 separate storylines?

[quote name='Kenshindono']You guys think Fire Emblem will hit $20 eventually? I already have a couple copies but want a few more since you only get a couple save slots per cart. Wondering if this is as low as it will go[/QUOTE]

I havent played FE, but cant you save on SD card then take it out and put another one in for more save slots?

wtf?

[quote name='Chrushev']I havent played FE, but cant you save on SD card then take it out and put another one in for more save slots?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately all saves reside on the game cartridge

I know there was some discussion about Castlevania on the 3DS recently so I wanted to chime in. I picked it up on AWD last week and so far I'm enjoying it. It's not at all the DS games, which is fine, because I found that those got to be a bit of a grind sometimes (and they came out so frequently they started feeling generic).

C:LoSMF is more a beat-em up. Yeah there's some quick time event stuff but just the boss fights and one or two other things. It's fun, bottom line. It's not great, but it is enjoyable.

Damn, Best Buy stepped up their shipping with my orders

I order Fire Emblem Awakening and Scribblenauts Unlimited as two separate orders at 10PM last night and to my astonishment, it was delivered to my house at 8AM this morning

Their expected delivery date was 5/20-5/23 for FE:A and 5/24-5/26 for Scribblenauts so I am super happy with my orders :D

[quote name='United_Korea']want to bite on zelda, but the fact that it was once $20 prevents me from doing so :/[/QUOTE]
Please!!! I saw Zelda and Ghost Recon in the bargain bin at Sears for $9.99

Man o' man my wallet is going to hate me next week. DKC4 3D comes out, NG3:RE, Mario Tennis,MK7 $30 at BB and Castlevania $25. What to do?????

[quote name='Terlan']Anyone have any thoughts on Super Mario 3d Land?[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed it. It was the first game I purchased for my 3DS because I wanted new things to play on it right away and you better believe I dug into that game hard. I haven't done that with a Mario game in many years, I liked it more than NSMB DS. There's tons of replay value, you won't regret buying it!

[quote name='moopher']I really enjoyed it. It was the first game I purchased for my 3DS because I wanted new things to play on it right away and you better believe I dug into that game hard. I haven't done that with a Mario game in many years, I liked it more than NSMB DS. There's tons of replay value, you won't regret buying it![/QUOTE]

Agree I also loved it! I wish Nintendo would make more games like 3D land and less games like NSMB..I'm over the side scrolling crap and love the 3D roaming.

[quote name='plus1zero']Good lord man, are you serious? Why in the world..are you playing through 3 separate storylines?[/QUOTE]

Kenshindono is a diehard collector. He owns multiple identical systems and multiple copies of the same game (at least one to keep sealed and one to play). Frankly, I'm amazed how he has the space to store his mega collection...

[quote name='bruceg']Kenshindono is a diehard collector. He owns multiple identical systems and multiple copies of the same game (at least one to keep sealed and one to play). Frankly, I'm amazed how he has the space to store his mega collection...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a hoarder/weird mental obsession

[quote name='plus1zero']Good lord man, are you serious? Why in the world..are you playing through 3 separate storylines?[/QUOTE]

i plan to do far more than that. I have the LE 3ds bundle but was pissed to find it only had a digital copy. I cant move that around to an XL down the road, so i bought 2 physical copies. One to play, one to keep sealed. THEN i played it and realized you only get 3 save slots, and you cant back them up =( So i need a few more copies for future playthrews. And for collection purposes i guess. I need to keep at least one sealed.

[quote name='Chrushev']I havent played FE, but cant you save on SD card then take it out and put another one in for more save slots?[/QUOTE]

nope.

[quote name='bruceg']Kenshindono is a diehard collector. He owns multiple identical systems and multiple copies of the same game (at least one to keep sealed and one to play). Frankly, I'm amazed how he has the space to store his mega collection...[/QUOTE]

Actually space is becoming a bit of an issue now adays. I had some shelfs built and am slowly trying to organize all my stuff, but theres a lot =P I actually need to find somewhere to buy those plastic shells some of my NES/SNES/GEN games are in. Id like them all in those

[quote name='perdition(troy']Sounds like a hoarder/weird mental obsession[/QUOTE]

How so? So are all car collectors hoarders/mental? People that collect baseball cards? If i didnt have some backup systems, what do i do a few years down the road when my system dies and you cant replace it anymore? Then i have a bunch of games i cant play. I enjoy gaming, calling me names for that on a gaming forum seems odd

Anyway no one answered the question: any chance of a $20 price point? Or even a game of the year for Fire Emblem? I dont think Nintendo does GOTY editions do they? Theres so much DLC for it

[quote name='Kenshindono']Anyway no one answered the question: any chance of a $20 price point? Or even a game of the year for Fire Emblem? I dont think Nintendo does GOTY editions do they? Theres so much DLC for it[/QUOTE]

I don't think they've had much of an opportunity for GOTY editions so far. IIRC Fire Emblems seems to be the first game their first serious attempt DLC. I wouldn't hold my breath though. It's taken years for Nintendo to warm up to the idea of offering sales on their eShop. The best we can hope for is a sale on the FE DLC when all of the hype around the game eventually calms down.

[quote name='Kenshindono']If i didnt have some backup systems, what do i do a few years down the road when my system dies and you cant replace it anymore? Then i have a bunch of games i cant play.[/QUOTE]

If you've ever seen an episode of Hoarders, they pretty much constantly say this.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you've ever seen an episode of Hoarders, they pretty much constantly say this.[/QUOTE]

I'll have the last laugh when the zombie apocalypse happens and you're begging me for one of my 40 tubs of crisco.

I haven't tried this myself and this is just a thought, but for the digital version, you can always back up your SD card to your PC. If you can find the Fire Emblem data folder, if there is one, you could always have multiple copies of the Fire Emblem save file (or rather, the entire game), which you can always restore to the same system.

[quote name='xGwiZ96x']Damn, Best Buy stepped up their shipping with my orders

I order Fire Emblem Awakening and Scribblenauts Unlimited as two separate orders at 10PM last night and to my astonishment, it was delivered to my house at 8AM this morning

Their expected delivery date was 5/20-5/23 for FE:A and 5/24-5/26 for Scribblenauts so I am super happy with my orders :D[/QUOTE]

Do you live at Best Buy?

[quote name='dvgamer']Yea I just did it today. As long as its within the return date you're fine.[/QUOTE]

fucksakes.... thanks for the tip, guess I need to locate my receipt lol.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Do you live at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]
It's funny because I live directly on top of a Best Buy (literally the same building) and my items don't even ship that fast, but I mostly go with in store pick up anyway.

[quote name='jza1218']I know there was some discussion about Castlevania on the 3DS recently so I wanted to chime in. I picked it up on AWD last week and so far I'm enjoying it. It's not at all the DS games, which is fine, because I found that those got to be a bit of a grind sometimes (and they came out so frequently they started feeling generic).

C:LoSMF is more a beat-em up. Yeah there's some quick time event stuff but just the boss fights and one or two other things. It's fun, bottom line. It's not great, but it is enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this assessment 100%. I finished the game last night and really enjoyed it. someone mentioned it being like god of war, and that's a pretty reasonable comparison actually.

Oh man...should I get Zelda: OoT (never played that much of it), Fire Emblem (never played one and not sure if it is difficult to get into), or Mario Kart 7?

I see myself not committing to getting one and missing the deal lol.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you've ever seen an episode of Hoarders, they pretty much constantly say this.[/QUOTE]

There are definitely some hoarders on this site haha...on most gaming forums I visit, actually. Between the gamings sites I visit and Slickdeals it gets just a tad crazy sometimes.

Not trying to be mean to people, this is just my thoughts...but I just can't fathom essentially wasting THAT much money on stuff that will pretty much literally be sitting there never to be played. All basically "just in case"...

Immediately when I think of all the unopened (and even used) games sitting in people's homes just from this site alone I begin thinking of all the kids out there who'd like to game but their families can't afford stuff. Just from here and the regular users on Slickdeals along, think of how much money has been spent on things that just sit around. Just from these two sites you could fund some type of shelter or soup kitchen indefinitely. Might be corny but it's true...

[quote name='addicted2games']I must be one of the "weird" ones then. My game room and its contents are insured for $120,000 on top of my regular insurance on my house.[/QUOTE]

Big deal. My game room is insured for $3.50.

[quote name='confoosious']Big deal. My game room is insured for $3.50.[/QUOTE]

Just to make sure you didn't get gipped, your insurance agent isn't a 9 foot tall crustacean with a tail is it?

Dammit, I wanted to avoid buying Fire Emblem but now both Amazon and Best Buy have it on sale again. Anyone that can sway me in either direction (skip it for now or buy it now)? I probably won't get to it for awhile but then again, it's not like the other Fire Emblem games have gotten cheaper over time...

[quote name='coolguythinking']It's funny because I live directly on top of a Best Buy (literally the same building) and my items don't even ship that fast, but I mostly go with in store pick up anyway.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a picture of that building? That would be awesome.

Best Buy ships from warehouses, so in-store pickup is the best option for you.

Does anyone know if stores can move my pickup to other stores? I went to pick up my Ocarina of Time 3D and the rude person there told me that it was in a city far from where I live.

[quote name='redmangoose']Fire Emblem and Zelda for 30? Physical?! Too good to be true. Buying this nao!
..or should I hold off...[/QUOTE]

lol spoken like a true CAG. "OMG this deal is unbelievable!.. but I rather wait for another drop."

Looks like the deals FINALLY ended today.

I knew I should have just bit the bullet on Style Savvy, but this damn website has conditioned me to "just wait until it hits $10-15, 20 is WAY too much."

[quote name='sadakou']Looks like the deals FINALLY ended today.

I knew I should have just bit the bullet on Style Savvy, but this damn website has conditioned me to "just wait until it hits $10-15, 20 is WAY too much."[/QUOTE]

You can still buy Style Savvy around $15 from amazon. I bought it (new) several days ago at $15 Prime FS no tax. I remember seeing it $16 today.

bread's done
Back