BLU-RAYS
The Spirit - 25.99 (available Tuesday)
Slumdog Millionaire - 24.99

Blu-Ray Double Features
Mission Impossible & Mission Impossible 2 - 22.99
Clear and Present Danger & The Hunt for the Red October - 22.99
Top Gun & Days of Thunder - 22.99
Sweeney Todd & Sleepy Hollow - 26.99

[quote name='buerick']I like both Sleepy hollow and sweeny tod, but i dont know that I want to own sweeny...[/quote]

I hate musicals but I thought this was one was pretty good. Looks great on Blu Ray to boot

[quote name='manthing']Clear& Present Danger and HFRO for $23?

:whistle2:k[/quote]
I am tempted by that bundle as well. HFRO was a favorite DVD of mine. I should have bought them when Fry's did the Clancy's for $9 a pop.

[quote name='Rafael122']The heck is wrong with Best Buy lately? These deals aren't that great.[/quote]
Departure of Circuit City methinks.

They were Best Buy's only true competitor. The people who shop at Target and Wal-Mart really aren't the same people who go to Best Buy and/or Circuit City for games, movies, and CD's.

Those double packs are nothing to write home about folks. They are first generation Blu-Rays which don't look much better than regular DVD.

Except for MI1, MI2, and Days of Thunder they all seem to rank high according to AVS Forum, Blu Ray Forum, High Def Digest. I have Sweeney Todd and Top Gun and the PQ is definitely not same as the DVDs.

Sarah Paulson, Scarlett Johansson, Eva Mendes are reason enough for me to get The Spirit.

Actually, guess I will wait not pay $26 for that.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']
Blu-Ray Double Features
Clear and Present Danger & The Hunt for the Red October - 22.99
[/quote]

What is this about? Is it a package with two separate movies in their own case or is it two movies in one case?

[quote name='iluvmywife']What is this about? Is it a package with two separate movies in their own case or is it two movies in one case?[/quote]

It's just both movies shrink wrapped together.

Check out the website, they have a lot of DVDs on sale for $10 and $5. Definitely cleaned up by picking up The Shining, Taxi Driver, Braveheart, Batman Begins, and Pearl Harbor.

[quote name='buster90']Those double packs are nothing to write home about folks. They are first generation Blu-Rays which don't look much better than regular DVD.[/quote]

Definitely not the case... those Blus listed are high quality. The age of the BD isn't really the determining factor of the quality of the disc. Also it's worth mentioning the double packs are on Amazon for about the same price.

[quote name='dg7md']Definitely not the case... those Blus listed are high quality. The age of the BD isn't really the determining factor of the quality of the disc. Also it's worth mentioning the double packs are on Amazon for about the same price.[/quote]

Although Hunt for the Red October got excellent reviews on BD, Clear and Present Danger got bad reviews for the quality of video transfer. I bought the two pack and I am considering taking it back and just buying HFtRO for around $15 next time it goes on sale!

I dunno, I might kept them both and view them just to see for myself.

bread's done
Back