Best Buy 40% off B&M YMMV variable games/acc.

Skylander7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I don't know if this has been posted, but I saw something odd on a lunchbreak trip to Best Buy in search of the Page & Plant Unledded dvd. There were a couple of bins with a 40% sign above them, filled with various PS2, PS, Xbox, and Gamecube stuff. Among them were Astro Boy GBA, Brute Force, PS1 memory cards, a PS2 mouse, Zelda Four Swords (gamecube), Armored Core Battle Nexus, Ghosthunter. Phantom Brave was one of them that belonged in there, but was sold out (asked one of my old employees who works there... damn!!). Halo 2 the so-called Collector's Edition was also in there but sold out. I'm assuming this is YMMV, but who knows. Phantom Brave was marked at 29.99, so that would make it 17 bucks. That would also make Astro Boy for the GBA.. which is an excellent game IMO, fairly cheap.

[quote name='Skylander7']There were a couple of bins with a 40% sign above them, filled with various PS2, PS, Xbox, and Gamecube stuff. Among them were Astro Boy GBA, Brute Force, PS1 memory cards, a PS2 mouse, Zelda Four Swords (gamecube), Armored Core Battle Nexus, Ghosthunter.[/quote]

What was Ghosthunter marked at? I've been waiting for that one to show up in bargain bins, but it seems like it's still $49.99 everywhere. With 40% off, that would bring it down to $30, but I'd still have to hold out for a lower price than that.

[quote name='Danimal'][quote name='Skylander7']There were a couple of bins with a 40% sign above them, filled with various PS2, PS, Xbox, and Gamecube stuff. Among them were Astro Boy GBA, Brute Force, PS1 memory cards, a PS2 mouse, Zelda Four Swords (gamecube), Armored Core Battle Nexus, Ghosthunter.[/quote]

What was Ghosthunter marked at? I've been waiting for that one to show up in bargain bins, but it seems like it's still $49.99 everywhere. With 40% off, that would bring it down to $30, but I'd still have to hold out for a lower price than that.[/quote]

I believe that it was marked at 49.99, but don't quote me on that. I'm braindead after the day I've had at work. I agree with you though; I want to pick it up, but I'm a cheap bastard

I hope theres a clearance in the works, theres a lot of stuff at BB that hasnt been moving off the shelves for awhile now. Bout time they clear it. Thanks for the heads up OP, I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

[quote name='Skylander7'][quote name='Danimal'][quote name='Skylander7']There were a couple of bins with a 40% sign above them, filled with various PS2, PS, Xbox, and Gamecube stuff. Among them were Astro Boy GBA, Brute Force, PS1 memory cards, a PS2 mouse, Zelda Four Swords (gamecube), Armored Core Battle Nexus, Ghosthunter.[/quote]

What was Ghosthunter marked at? I've been waiting for that one to show up in bargain bins, but it seems like it's still $49.99 everywhere. With 40% off, that would bring it down to $30, but I'd still have to hold out for a lower price than that.[/quote]

I believe that it was marked at 49.99, but don't quote me on that. I'm braindead after the day I've had at work. I agree with you though; I want to pick it up, but I'm a cheap bastard[/quote]

I think if it had gotten universally great reviews, I'd grab it at $30. But the reviews I read were mostly mixed, so I'm holding out for $10-20. It must be selling all right, though, to still be holding on at $49.99. Either way, I'm going to make a point of checking my local BB for it, so thanks for the heads up.

Must be YMMV. I just came from BB 10 min ago and saw nothing like this at all.

But damn, some of those deals would be nice.

If anybody lives near/wants to call for pricematches (If Bestbuy wouldn't price match their own stores, it would really suck), its the Montgomery Alabama location on Eastern Blvd. Phone # 334-272-1552. I forgot to meantion that Eyetoy Groove w/cam was ALSO in the bin, but I'm not really interested in it. I agree with an above post, I really hope this is a foreshadowing of an upcoming clearance. I only hope that it happens when I have more fundage, as TRU really cut into my drinking money last month

[quote name='CouRageouS']I hope theres a clearance in the works, theres a lot of stuff at BB that hasnt been moving off the shelves for awhile now. Bout time they clear it. Thanks for the heads up OP, I'll be checking it out tomorrow.[/quote]

Namely Rumble Roses. D=

I'll go do some price checks tomorrow.

I doubt it though.

Halo 2 CE....??? Come on. If that scans at 40% off, I'll sheot my pants.

:)
I'll let you know.
Thanks for your info.

[quote name='Danimal'][quote name='Skylander7'][quote name='Danimal'][quote name='Skylander7']There were a couple of bins with a 40% sign above them, filled with various PS2, PS, Xbox, and Gamecube stuff. Among them were Astro Boy GBA, Brute Force, PS1 memory cards, a PS2 mouse, Zelda Four Swords (gamecube), Armored Core Battle Nexus, Ghosthunter.[/quote]

I believe that it was marked at 49.99, but don't quote me on that. I'm braindead after the day I've had at work. I agree with you though; I want to pick it up, but I'm a cheap bastard[/quote]

I think if it had gotten universally great reviews, I'd grab it at $30. But the reviews I read were mostly mixed, so I'm holding out for $10-20. It must be selling all right, though, to still be holding on at $49.99. Either way, I'm going to make a point of checking my local BB for it, so thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

Just to let you know, Ghosthunter is $16.99 at Gamefly.com (used, but complete). I bought it there and it's pretty good.

[quote name='nneace']So Four Swords would be $29.99?[/quote]

I would hope it would be cheaper than that, if it's on clearance! I just picked up Four Swords Adventure brand spankin' new at EB for $29.99 and no tax (I used trade in credit).

---I could no longer wait to see if DVDSoon.com would ship mine, especially with the store credit waiting, and a whole stack of the games staring at me...

I too wouldn't mind a Rumble Roses Price drop. I'm a big wrestling nut, and I'd like to have that game for my collection. Best deal I've seen is 29.99 at Target. I tried to get in at EB during their B2G1, but no one has it used.

I went to best buy last night and they had some that were marked 50% off. Not a huge selection though. They had MLB 2005 and Test drive: eve of destruction for the PS2. Both were $15 after the discount. I believe they also had test drive, some sports games and the Dukes of Hazzard for XBOX marked at 50% off. This was at the village pointe store in Omaha NE in case anyone is interested.

So was Phantom Brave still $30 at VP Miller? Why does it always seem stores here dont have the same clearance sales as everyone else?

This paricular deal has been going on for awhile.
Skylander7, I went to that exact Montgomery, AL store on Feb. 9 and saw the same games in the bins. I picked up the last copies of Halo 2 CE and Phantom Brave (sorry about that), as well as Sudeki, Astro Boy, Nightshade, and Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds. Some other games they had that you didn't mention were Manhunt, Driv3r, and Demon Stone.
The games don't ring up on sale - they have to manually discount the price. I had to get the girl working in the game section to convince the cashier that the deal was legit, since they'd never heard of it.
Still, the whole thing struck me as a sale unique to that store, so I wouldn't necessarily rush out to any BB looking for similar deals. The BB where I live (Auburn ,AL) doesn't have any discount bins.

I probably won't be able to make it to a BB today, so I'll have to live through you guys vicariously. Please let me know if you find anything unworldly. :(

Just to let you all know, since they're coming up .....

Phantom Brave and Ghosthunter are both $12.50 at Hastings. My Hastings is out of Phantom Brave but there's sitll like four copies of Ghosthunter.

Also I noticed a "bargain bin" at BB last week, but it wasn't 40% off -- it was just "$20 games."

[quote name='the_gloaming']Just to let you all know, since they're coming up .....

Phantom Brave and Ghosthunter are both $12.50 at Hastings. My Hastings is out of Phantom Brave but there's sitll like four copies of Ghosthunter.

Also I noticed a "bargain bin" at BB last week, but it wasn't 40% off -- it was just "$20 games."[/quote]

Is this how they scan? Are priced? Labeled? In their own section/bin?

[quote name='st0neface']I, for one, hope you found the Page and Plant DVD, now thats some good stuff.[/quote]

I have the DVD and the CD. Both great stuff.

Back on topic.
I'd love to pick up Phantom Brave at 40% off. I'll go check my local BB later. Or is there anyone with a Hastings in stock that would be willing to grab one for me?

[quote name='Optical']So was Phantom Brave still $30 at VP Miller? Why does it always seem stores here dont have the same clearance sales as everyone else?[/quote]

I don't remember seeing it there.

As far as the labeling goes. The ones here in omaha had a price sticker on them for the price, and a red dot sticker on them letting you know that it was a 50% off clearance game. They just had them in some shopping baskets at this store.

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='nneace']So Four Swords would be $29.99?[/quote]

I would hope it would be cheaper than that, if it's on clearance! I just picked up Four Swords Adventure brand spankin' new at EB for $29.99 and no tax (I used trade in credit).

---I could no longer wait to see if DVDSoon.com would ship mine, especially with the store credit waiting, and a whole stack of the games staring at me...[/quote]

It's $30 online right now too, I just bought one.

[quote name='the_gloaming']Just to let you all know, since they're coming up .....

Phantom Brave and Ghosthunter are both $12.50 at Hastings. My Hastings is out of Phantom Brave but there's sitll like four copies of Ghosthunter[/quote]

Is that the price for new copies, or are they preowned? There aren't any Hastings anywhere near me, but it still gives me hope for the price drop I've been waiting for on Ghosthunter.

[quote name='ZForce']I too wouldn't mind a Rumble Roses Price drop. I'm a big wrestling nut, and I'd like to have that game for my collection. Best deal I've seen is 29.99 at Target. I tried to get in at EB during their B2G1, but no one has it used.[/quote]

Check GAMERUSH - they have B2G1 right now and the 3 I checked all had Rumble Roses.

I drove for 4 hours yesterday....................

All Eastern Pennsylvania Best Buys have never heard of this.

All Delaware stores have never heard of this.

One Maryland store has never heard of it.

Also,... the TRU in Media, PA,... has 1 PSOne screen left,.... but they want $54 for it.

[quote name='drone8888']I drove for 4 hours yesterday....................

All Eastern Pennsylvania Best Buys have never heard of this.

All Delaware stores have never heard of this.

One Maryland store has never heard of it.

Also,... the TRU in Media, PA,... has 1 PSOne screen left,.... but they want $54 for it.

:)[/quote]

:shock: That's some amazing dedication to a cause that bore no fruit.

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='nneace']So Four Swords would be $29.99?[/quote]

[/quote]

Four Swords is surprisingly cool. One of my students just lent it to me . . . I've been having fun with it. It flew under my radar because I don't have a GBA.

But the solo play parts on the GC are old-school goodness.

I will buy one when I can get it for $15 or less.

bread's done
Back