Best Buy 5 dollars off DS games?

jtreumuth

CAG Veteran
I bought a few DS games at my local Best Buy and they rung up for $5 less than the marked price. I got Mario and Feel the Magic for $25 each. Thats without the GGC. YMMV?

[quote name='Kaijufan']Nice. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?[/quote]

My opinion on it for Feel the Magic is that is isn't really a game, but a novelty to show off the system's capabilities.

Thanks for this thread. I was going to go to BB anyway to pick up some DS games, including Mario, with a 10% coupon I have. I was having a brain fart and forgot completely about the GGC card until I saw the GGC reference ananag112 made. The GGC definitely beats the cheap 10% coupon.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the 10% coupon is for BB credit card holders (I probably got it with a bill) and isn't valid with any other coupons.

[quote name='Romeo'][quote name='Kaijufan']Nice. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?[/quote]

My opinion on it for Feel the Magic is that is isn't really a game, but a novelty to show off the system's capabilities.[/quote]

My opinion is that you haven't played it, and if you have, it was for under 10 minutes.

[quote name='mkelehan'][quote name='Romeo'][quote name='Kaijufan']Nice. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?[/quote]

My opinion on it for Feel the Magic is that is isn't really a game, but a novelty to show off the system's capabilities.[/quote]

My opinion is that you haven't played it, and if you have, it was for under 10 minutes.[/quote]

I dunno, he's half right. It is a game, but not much of one. For a launch title though, it's good.

Anyone pick up Asphalt Urban GT? I was debating about picking up this tomorrow. Either that or another PSone lcd if I can find one at my TRUs here. (Found the first at where I go to college, I love having two sources for cheap deals :) )

[quote name='jtreumuth']I bought a few DS games at my local Best Buy and they rung up for $5 less than the marked price. I got Mario and Feel the Magic for $25 each. Thats without the GGC. YMMV?[/quote]

did you use a rewards card? in this weeks ad, i think it was anything you buy, if you use the rewards card you get $5 off

[quote name='muncle']did you use a rewards card? in this weeks ad, i think it was anything you buy, if you use the rewards card you get $5 off[/quote]

You only get $5 off games listed in this week's ad. Also, I purchased Feel The Magic last week and I don't have a rewardzone card.

Anyone pick up Asphalt Urban GT? I was debating about picking up this tomorrow. Either that or another PSone lcd if I can find one at my TRUs here. (Found the first at where I go to college, I love having two sources for cheap deals Smile )

I got it and its awesome. If you like Gran Turismo or NFS: UG you will love this. The mix of Gran Turismo style purchasing and souping up real cars and Burnout style nitro system makes this game super addicting. It's the most graphically impressive game on the DS now out of all the games i've played (SMB64DS, FTM: XYXX, Mr. Driller DS, Spiderman, Ridge Racer, Madden)
Having also played Ridge Racer I can say theat AU GT beats it in everything except that Asphalt requires two carts for multi player.

[quote name='whiteboy']
Anyone pick up Asphalt Urban GT? I was debating about picking up this tomorrow. Either that or another PSone lcd if I can find one at my TRUs here. (Found the first at where I go to college, I love having two sources for cheap deals Smile )

I got it and its awesome. If you like Gran Turismo or NFS: UG you will love this. The mix of Gran Turismo style purchasing and souping up real cars and Burnout style nitro system makes this game super addicting. It's the most graphically impressive game on the DS now out of all the games i've played (SMB64DS, FTM: XYXX, Mr. Driller DS, Spiderman, Ridge Racer, Madden)
Having also played Ridge Racer I can say theat AU GT beats it in everything except that Asphalt requires two carts for multi player.[/quote]

I agree that asphalt urban is pretty good, have it myself.

Well, thanks for the info but I just wanted to know if it was on sale or not. But it doesn't matter anymore cause on my trip today they were out of stock.

bread's done
Back