Best Buy 50% off clearance YMMV

jshendel

CAGiversary!
I just got back from my BB in Ames, IA and they had a cart of games for 50% off.
Games include:
Tony Hawk 4 (PS2 & GC) $5
Godzilla (GC) 7.50
Pac-Man (GC) 7.50
Dave Mirra (PS2) $5
Whole bunch of GBA games and GBA videos less than 10 bucks each.
This cart is YMMV and your $5 off coupon doesn't work (No clearance items)
Believe me, I tried.

Indeed, it sounds very YMMV, but it couldn't hurt to look, especially for Tony Hawk and Pac-Man (I'm assuming that's Pac-Man World 2 + Pac-Man VS?).

I don't know why, but BB's clearances have been becoming more and more YMMV , similiar to Wal-mart deals. I've never found anything any of the times it has ever been mentioned. I know the store on Maryland has a ton of THPS4 (somewhere like 17 of them) because my friend and I both picked one up for $5, but I doubt that they would be clearance. Guess it couldn't hurt to try. Thanks for the notice OP.

I have never hit a BB that's having a clearance sale. Bad timing or extreme YMMV? Granted, I go maybe once or twice during a two month period, but still. It's the principle, right? BB should cater to my random whims and all the other CAGs other there.

Word.

[quote name='darisma']This would make me sound like an idiot but what exactly is YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps we'll see this definition in Webster next year. Idiot - individual who does not know what YMMV means. :D

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Perhaps we'll see this definition in Webster next year. Idiot - individual who does not know what YMMV means. :D[/QUOTE]

CheapyD should bring back the old CAG feature where you point your cursor over the text and it explains what ymmv, ggc, cc, bb etc are.

i was a noob once so that's how i learned some of the lingo (like GGC)... before researching the ins-outs of certain deals later.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Perhaps we'll see this definition in Webster next year. Idiot - individual who does not know what YMMV means. :D[/QUOTE]

Harsh my friend...harsh.

[quote name='gizmogc']Also the Atari Flashback 'system' with 40 built-in games is going for $6.99 in SOME stores...[/QUOTE]

These would make cool Christmas gifts...

[quote name='gizmogc']Also the Atari Flashback 'system' with 40 built-in games is going for $6.99 in SOME stores...[/QUOTE]

I really want one of those, will have to check my stores here. Thanks! :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You gotta admit "your milage may vary" is pretty odd. It would make more sense to say your store may vary or somthing to that extent[/QUOTE]

If im correct, I think its liek that because fat wallet used that, so we stole it.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I have never hit a BB that's having a clearance sale. Bad timing or extreme YMMV? Granted, I go maybe once or twice during a two month period, but still. It's the principle, right? BB should cater to my random whims and all the other CAGs other there.

Word.[/QUOTE]

I've never been able to get any real deal at BB (outside of the GGC)... but I just thought up of a theory as to why. Maybe they're stopping nationwide deals to prevent stuff like CAGers from posting deals and taking advantage of them?:whistle2:k

Hot smoking poo! Unfortunately, I always have bad luck with YMMV deals, so it's probably not even worth looking for.

is the activision version of the atari thing going for $6? i wouldnt mind playing some old pitfall for shits and giggles occastionally

[quote name='Otherguy676']along with bytesizedeals, vgtalk (what the heck happened to that site, any1 know?) and countless other CAG like sites.[/QUOTE]
I think the term "your mileage may vary" originated as a general term among shoppers before it became popular on shopping websites, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind grabbing a Flashback for $7. They're completely useless compared to the upcoming and AWESOME-looking Atari Flashback 2.0, which looks like the coolest one of these TV Games things yet, but for $7, why not? It's a neat collector's item.

[quote name='Vinny']I've never been able to get any real deal at BB (outside of the GGC)... but I just thought up of a theory as to why. Maybe they're stopping nationwide deals to prevent stuff like CAGers from posting deals and taking advantage of them?:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

This is an idea that has been floating in my head for quite some time now. This would be my best guess as to this and the only real good deals I've gotten at BB are the penny guides (sometimes) and the GGC/periodic PMing of Fry's. They really haven't had a good deal in a long long long time.

[quote name='jshendel']I just got back from my BB in Ames, IA and they had a cart of games for 50% off.[/QUOTE]
Sweet! I'm in Ames, too, so I'll try to make a run down there tonight and check it out. Were any of the GBA games any good?

I just checked it out, and there wasn't really anything of interest for GBA. I think the only game was Beyblade or something like that. Thanks anyway, though.

Hey at my local Best Buy the Flashback is on clearance for $4.99. This is at the Secaucus, NJ one. They had stacks of them, along with a bunch of games for $9.99....

bread's done
Back