Best Buy 50% off game sale - YMMV?

ElectricStarshine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Friend and I hit Best Buy today, and they had 6 tubs of games sitting there for 50% off. They had games for the PSP, PS2, DS, 360, and PS3. They had all sorts of good games.

Managed to grab:
PSP - Motorstorm Arctic Storm - $10
PSP - Mana Khemia Student Alliance - $10
PS3 - Army of 2 - $10
PS3 - Burnout Paradise - $10
360 - Call of Juarez Bound in Blood - $10

They had hundreds of titles. Check it out, may find some good deals.

You got me all exited when I saw Army of 2 and I thought it read Army of Two 2, 40th Day for $10 would be a def buy for me, oh well.

I would love to find Motorstorm:AE for $10.

I'll check my best buy again today to see if they added anything to their clearance shelf.

I was working yesterday (at BB obviously) and saw no such sale but I'm thinking in clearance stuff.

I will say that our location recently set up some bins/tables with clearance stuff. Some things are bargains but those normally disappear quick. Other things are just silly. Example: Saw for PS3 we're selling on clearance for $30 ($40 normally) while you can get it at Gamestop for $25 new, so dumb.

Basically certain items go on what BestBuy calls 'at risk' and if the store doesn't sell them they have to pay a fee per number of said item. So the longer the store hangs on to those items they pay....just because its not being sold.

So if the store marks a certain game down by $10 they may take a hit but atleast they don't have to pay $15 (a month if i recall correctly) to have it sit there.

I love it when people post these very YMMV BB deals that are typically store-specific manager's specials AND then don't state their location or have it in their user info.

[quote name='woodcan']I love it when people post these very YMMV BB deals that are typically store-specific manager's specials AND then don't state their location or have it in their user info.[/QUOTE]

Well I love it when they don't post the info in the Best Buy YMMV Clearance thread or in the Regional forums ;)

This is actually pretty typical of Best Buy.
At the stores in Austin they have all kinds of games in bins at discounted rates. Just depends on how quickly the store wants to get rid of them.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']So much animosity over a deal I posted. I guess its just not worth it to give people a heads up. It shall not happen again.[/QUOTE]

I don't sense any animosity, just a little ribbing. Next time, just post the info in the correct area, or give more complete info. Live and learn friend :)

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']So much animosity over a deal I posted. I guess its just not worth it to give people a heads up. It shall not happen again.[/QUOTE]

Good job on driving away someone by taking jabs at them. So what if it's in the wrong place? He's trying to get involved and possibly help someone out.

Went to the BB over in Norridge, IL yesterday and they had a shelf with games marked 50% off. Unfortunately, they only had a handful of games like KoFXIII and the 50% was off the full price of $60. :(

This guy is a fucking liar. I drove 45 minutes to get to this BB and it was only 30% off and the manager confirmed it had been that way all day. He was able to tell me unequivocally that it was never 50% off. Shame on me for not calling in ahead of time before driving all that way. Live and learn.

[quote name='BeerBaron742']This guy is a fucking liar. I drove 45 minutes to get to this BB and it was only 30% off and the manager confirmed it had been that way all day. He was able to tell me unequivocally that it was never 50% off. Shame on me for not calling in ahead of time before driving all that way. Live and learn.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it isn't like his title didn't say YMMV or anything...

I was at the Best Buy off 394 in Minnetonka, MN and was able to get Sakura Wars: So Long My Love for Wii for $14.99 and Locoroco 2 for $4.99. Great deals.

Best Buy in Erie, PA had nothing even close to a 50% off tub. I headed up there to look for this bin and maybe some reduced guides if I got lucky... ended playing with the ipad for 20 minutes because they had neither :(

I purchased 3 games at 119th and Metcalf, My coworker/friend purchased 3 games at the same time. All 6 games were 50% off. I am sorry if you did not get 50% off, but the sign clearly said 50% off when we were there around 1030 am. The manager even did the overrides for 50% off.... One of the employees saw us looking and even said "50% off on those games, its awesome isnt it?!?"

Calling me a liar is just completely out of line.

edit: I wonder if he went to 119th and I-35 instead of 119th and Metcalf.

edit 2: We each have receipts showing the 9.99 per game that we paid...

Last edited by a moderator:

I hate to say it but welcome to CAG. As much as I love an support this site I really think they need to crack down on people who are just trolls and A-holes.

Too many kids just want to be online and be rude.

These types of deals are usually YMMV. not all BB have the same deals unfortunately. thanks for the heads up. will stop sometime this week to see if there are any deals in BB

Yeah no shit. People are here sometimes are so fucking bitchy and anal about every god damn thing. fucking nerds,this website is your life.

ill see if i can do the 50% off on all our End of Life and At-Risk titles when i work again on Friday, at the Cascade Station Bestbuy in Portland, OR

[quote name='skinkrawl']Good job on driving away someone by taking jabs at them. So what if it's in the wrong place? He's trying to get involved and possibly help someone out.[/QUOTE]seriously, thats why i usually just lurk here. theres alot of assholes on this site...

[quote name='ninjaxams']seriously, thats why i usually just lurk here. theres alot of assholes on this site...[/QUOTE]

agreed, there are a lot of good people too, but these cracks who make their one liners and disappear are pathetic. I think I'll make a website for gaming where you have to be age 22+, now how to verify!?

[quote name='skinkrawl']Good job on driving away someone by taking jabs at them. So what if it's in the wrong place? He's trying to get involved and possibly help someone out.[/QUOTE]

I cannot stand the people who only get one here to talk smack about someone posting some information. No one is perfect. How about people just shut up after one remark has been made? The OP was doing a good thing and all of the people who do nothing but blog and sit at their pc act like the OP killed someone. Get a life people.

[quote name='z-money']I was at the Best Buy off 394 in Minnetonka, MN and was able to get Sakura Wars: So Long My Love for Wii for $14.99 and Locoroco 2 for $4.99. Great deals.[/QUOTE]

Crap! I'll have to hit that tomorrow XD

I have been using this site for years and love it. Visit Daily.

However, I have never and will never create a topic. No matter how well intentioned some one might be, if you missed the fact someone else posted the same info 5 pages ago, or you put the post in the wrong area you get absolutley blasted anymore. It's not worth it.

A helpful post asking for more info, or suggesting the topic might fit better somewhere else is fine, but no need to attack someone trying to contribute to the community.

Everyone on this site has a shared interest and goal.

I ain't wasting my gas on this crap...... I hate BB YMMV deals, they are so hard to find. I may try one ...since I may be passing by one of them. But if not, I'm not making a special trip.

bread's done
Back