Best Buy $9.99 Superbit DVDs (Starship Troopers now $9.99)

headpiece747

CAGiversary!
Feedback
186 (100%)
$9.99 Superbit DVDs at Best Buy
Now they have a direct link for the Superbits and also dropped the price of
Starship Troopers that everyone wanted on Superbit and a lot of others.
I will keep my original list for individual titles but there are a lot more
in the above link.

You can order online and pickup in the store

so you don't pay shipping and have to worry about them going out of stock.

Adaptation
Air Force One
Anaconda
Bad Boys
Bad Boys II
Big Hit
Black Hawk Down
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Charlie's Angels
Cirque Du Soleil: Dralion
Cliffhanger
Das Boot
Desperado
Fifth Element
From Here To Eternity
Gattaca
Guns Of Navarone
Heavy Metal
Heavy Metal 2000
Hollow Man
Hook
Johnny Mnemonic
Knight's Tale
Lawrence of Arabia
Legends Of The Fall
Mask Of Zorro
Men In Black
Men In Black II
Missing
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
Panic Room
Patriot (2000)
Punch-Drunk Love
Resident Evil
Riverdance: Live From New York City
S.W.A.T.
Seven Years In Tibet
Snatch
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Underworld
Vampires
Vertical Limit
XXX

The original post only had the titles without links
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62427
but he gets full credit for finding this deal.
I just went to BestBuy.com and pulled up each name and also found some addition ones.
If there are any I missed at the site post here and I will update this list.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']When I went into my BB on Friday they actually had a display set up near the registers with all of their superbits. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Mine too. The stickers had the full prices on them but I'm assuming they would ring up for $9.99.

[quote name='jrutz']Sweet thanks a bunch! If only Starship Troopers was on sale too...

Jeremy[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that someone got Starship troopers for 10 in store. Also, at two different best buys I saw dark crystal labeled for 9.99. When I bought one of them it rang up at 21.99 but then the cashier adjusted it down to 9.99. So some of the ones that aren't on sale are probably still stickered 9.99.

Can anyone else confirm Starship Troopers? I thought the other post said it was not included. Anyway great job on the links op. Finally, I loved Heavy Metal, how is Heavy Metal 2000?

Thanks!

about SST, I'm not sure but I was going to try and get it since I saw it on the rack marked $9.99 the other day, I just didn't pick it up. I hope they still have it.

Are the Superbits that much better to warrent a second purchase with HD/Blue-Ray on the horizon? How much do they normally run?

I don't know much about Superbit other than the picture is supposed to be better due to less compression, it has DTS sound (in addition to DD) and there are little if any extras. It is supposed to be ab etter viewing experience. Personally, i would only get movies that I can watch over and over (e.g. Heavy metal) and don't need extras to justify the purchase price.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I don't know much about Superbit other than the picture is supposed to be better due to less compression, it has DTS sound (in addition to DD) and there are little if any extras. It is supposed to be ab etter viewing experience. Personally, i would only get movies that I can watch over and over (e.g. Heavy metal) and don't need extras to justify the purchase price.[/QUOTE]

Well...I havent' seen heavy metal and heavy metal fakk 2 in anything BUT superbit so...

Of course Heavy metal FAKK 2 will never be in stock at bestbuy B&M...they have some copies of the original.

Honestly, the transfer on heavy metal 1 was not all that good but it's an OLD movie so...

[quote name='Friedle']Are the Superbits that much better to warrent a second purchase with HD/Blue-Ray on the horizon? How much do they normally run?[/QUOTE]it depends, unless you're a die-hard home theatre enthusiast, they're probably not worth a double dip. the difference is usually relatively subtle, but noticable. however, these usually go for $20+, so $10 is a hell of a deal, especially since they're not typically marked down anymore in B&M stores and many have crappy 'bare-bones' releases that go for ~$10 usually.

for example, here's a comparison for lawrence of arabia:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare2/lawrenceofarabia2.htm

although from what I've seen the differences in most other titles are much more subtle.

[quote name='ngamer007']Thanks, I'll probably pick up Fifth Element.[/QUOTE]

The Ultimate Edition is actually better if you spend a few more $$. It has a HUGE amount of special features and not only is video bitrate way up there like the Superbit edition, it has the audio to back it up! There was some concern about the audio tracks on the Superbit edition and that the PAL edition was a lot better b/c of the better audio sampling rates. The UE version got better audio reviews as well as having tons of special features that were actually very interesting to watch. It has a good history of how the movie came to be as well as how they made the movie.

I got it for 14.99$ when it came out, so I'm sure there are lots of places that will have it on sale for under the 19.99$ retail it is now. The Superbit edition has ZERO special features, but if you don't care for that it is a good bargain for 10$.

[quote name='dragonfireflys']Well...I havent' seen heavy metal and heavy metal fakk 2 in anything BUT superbit so...

Of course Heavy metal FAKK 2 will never be in stock at bestbuy B&M...they have some copies of the original.

Honestly, the transfer on heavy metal 1 was not all that good but it's an OLD movie so...[/QUOTE]

I just watched HM today. I agree that it defintely shows it's age. Still, it is enjoyable. I could not find FAKK 2 or Starship Troopers superbit in stock at the B&M. I did get Legends of the Fall since all of my friends have been telling me how great it is. I am on the fence about Bad Boys I and II and MiB I and II. I have ben thinking of grabbing them, strickly for collection purposes.

Does anyone have a clue how accurate Best Buy's store availability feature is?

The site claims that most of the releases I want are in a store, but I went yesterday and I couldn't find any of them. Do they keep them in the backroom or what?

I got my Starship Troopers order today..................guess what? I didn't get the Superbit, I got the 2 disc Special Edition. I really wanted the SuperBit but I don't think they would exchange it..........if they even have it.

I actually would have preferred the SE over the Superbit. A couple people posted that they did get the SE for $9.99 though. But my BB didn't have it for that price.

Is the SE better? I'm actually happy with either I was just expecting the Superbit. I was really looking forward to hearing the DTS track but I'm sure this one will be fine especially for the extra content.

bread's done
Back