Best Buy Ad 1/21-1/27

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases:

• :ps4:VR The Inpatient $39.99 (Available Tuesday)
  • :xb1: :ps4: Dragon Ball FighterZ $59.99 (Available Friday)
    Free Future Trunks Funko Pop Vinyl with purchase
  • Save $15 on 6 Months of Xbox Live with purchase of Dragon Ball FighterZ

[*]:xb1: :ps4: Monster Hunter: World $59.99 (Available Friday)
  • Free Steelbook with purchase

Everything Else:

• New 2DS XL Pikachu Edition $159.99 (Available Friday)
  • PlayStation 4 1TB Console $299.99
  • Save $10 on select Xbox One Wireless Controllers
  • Save $10 on 3 or 6 Months of Xbox Live with purchase of an Xbox One Wireless Controller
  • 20% Off Insigniga Charging Solutions for PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
  • Save $20-$30 on select Turtle Beach Headsets
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Geostorm $22.99
  • Jigsaw $19.99 Save $3
  • Jigsaw Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99 Save $3
  • Jigsaw 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • Thank You For Your Service $19.99 Save $5
  • The Killing of a Sacred Deer $19.99
  • Groundhog Day 4K (Only @ BB) $19.99 Save $5 + $5 My Best Buy Rewards
  • Cloverfield 4K $27.99
  • 10 Cloverfield Lane 4K $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
FFXV on sale for $20 before GCU again. Normally I would've jumped on this but the way they're doing weird DLC story stuff makes me want to just wait for a discounted final "ultimate" version. This is so dumb lol. Now not only should we not buy AAA games at launch, but during its first year!
No point in buying the vanilla version. The story DLC doesn't seem to go on sale.

does that include the season pass dlc? or just the stuff they are adding beyond that?
The royal upgrade pack only gives you the new content and not the season pass DLC. They haven't announced the price for the upgrade pack either. Square Enix confirmed that the $19.99 price initially reported was incorrect.

Wait, hold up ... are you telling me movies just often get less expensive as time goes by? So I can just ... wait?! This is crazy. Please. Go on. Tell me more.
Clearly I do need to tell you more. Entertainment dropping in price within a year is normal, but dropping to 15% of its original price? You think that's normal...? Now that's crazy.

Clearly I do need to tell you more. Entertainment dropping in price within a year is normal, but dropping to 15% of its original price? You think that's normal...? Now that's crazy.
You're right; that is crazy! Do you have photographic evidence of your trip to the future? Or is it just a picture of you rooting around in your ass to pull something out?

Nothing that is on sale this week, but picking up my Monster Hunter World pre-order. I wanted to pre-order the Shadow of the Colossus Special Edition today too, but it is apparently sold out on Amazon and Best Buy already. 

Remakes like these are going to be like $7 a year from now when 4k format is more standard.
Yeah no. The format is almost 2 years old and we have yet to see any of the 350+ skus go under $9 at any major retailer. And that was for Black Friday. ;)

Hey Tyrok, i seen that the resident evil 7 biohazard gold edition that was released only a month ago, already is not available for shipping on bestbuy.com, are you thinking bestbuy will get a resupply of that in the near future ?
Seems to be in stock now.

Saw this on CAG Twitter ... Azure gunstrike for switch is back in stock for pickup only in SoCal, so I assume it could be elsewhere.

If anybody else is like me waiting to purchase Resident evil 7 gold the complete edition till you got your 10 dollar certificates for doin the in store pickup promotion, only to have it go out of stock for shipping then be pissed, well i wanted to let you know it's back to bein available for shipping..  

I'm back from the dead

3lvdsro.gif

Good to have you back. Undertaker gif would have been appropriate as well. Also Shane is #2 when it comes to selling the Stunner with The Rock being #1.
Your eye for the subtlety of what truly makes a real American “stunner seller” is astute, and I found equally if not funnier, than the gif... indeed [correct me if you think I’m wrong but ] during the rocks transition from the “MiaVia look” to his complete becoming of the rock, that man was not only perhaps the best technician in the WWF, (again at that time , HHH was actually pushing the envelope as well , but that’s another topic) he was THE QUINTESSENTIAL stone cold complement...I think I saw him once have a seizure, LITERALLY, before during and aftrer he was stunned, that was not in the script , I’m sure (lol jk I didn’t see that but the dude did tremor like his neck snapped better than MJ fox, and I don’t even like the MJf jokes as I have Neuro ailment lol)

Shane also looked like he never quite recovers after being stunned .....like he looked more and more unhealthy following each application by stone cold

But good call dude, your post amused the shit outta me, brought back so much laughter from my childhood, and sadness, that marked the beginnings of the end , (around that time, post WCW)

Btw does anyone find it odd that the biggest selling console (that no one could find until Christmas), gets NO sales whatsoever , like this week it’s not even mentioned that is there, let alone an accessory or even a card or shitty game.....idk

I’m all about this switch now but I want some sales Nintendo

Btw does anyone find it odd that the biggest selling console (that no one could find until Christmas), gets NO sales whatsoever , like this week it’s not even mentioned that is there, let alone an accessory or even a card or shitty game.....idk

Something is selling well so they don't offer deals on it? What doesn't make sense about that?

As someone who works at a Bestbuy I'm just going to warn you that Nintendo stuff just about never goes on sale for their home consoles. You'll get random third party games all the time like azure striker gunvolt (which sells out so that's good) but first party games and the console itself won't go on sale for quite some time. Only reason the Wii u got deals was because it tanked. The switch is selling too well to justify putting it on sale from a business standpoint.

As someone who works at a Bestbuy I'm just going to warn you that Nintendo stuff just about never goes on sale for their home consoles. You'll get random third party games all the time like azure striker gunvolt (which sells out so that's good) but first party games and the console itself won't go on sale for quite some time. Only reason the Wii u got deals was because it tanked. The switch is selling too well to justify putting it on sale from a business standpoint.
Even then the Wii U didn't get sales very often at Best Buy especially on first-party games.

Even then the Wii U didn't get sales very often at Best Buy especially on first-party games.
First party games just don't they know people will buy them regardless. When they do once in a blue moon go on sale we sell out so fast because people have been waiting even for like $10 off.

Something is selling well so they don't offer deals on it? What doesn't make sense about that?
while your totally logical, almost rhetorically, from a capitalist viewpoint . I mean it’s been ALMOST a year, throw launch supporters a bone ya know

You're right; that is crazy! Do you have photographic evidence of your trip to the future? Or is it just a picture of you rooting around in your ass to pull something out?
You seem to be confused. I'll lay it out for you.

1) My original post in question predicted that $30 4k remakes of old movies will be $7 within the year.

2) your trolly sarcastic response was "omg you mean things drop in price as they get older? please tell me more."

3) my response to that was, essentially, that a hypothetical $23 off of $30 is a huge discount within just one year of release. As I said, that isn't some normal occurrence as you implied it to be.

And that's where we are now. You seem to be confused between hypothetical and concrete discussions.

Good luck with that strawman debate strategy.

I was going to wait on Monster Hunter World (since I'll be up to my ass in DBFZ) and hope for a minor sale before my GCU runs out in mid-March.  But now I find out there's a steelbook with pre-order.

What are the odds that MHW would go on sale before March 18th?

Bestbuy just updated my God of War release date for Friday April 20th. There had been a placeholder of 6/30/18 prior.

This is a legacy order from the Visa Checkout promo January of 2017.

Your eye for the subtlety of what truly makes a real American “stunner seller” is astute, and I found equally if not funnier, than the gif... indeed [correct me if you think I’m wrong but ] during the rocks transition from the “MiaVia look” to his complete becoming of the rock, that man was not only perhaps the best technician in the WWF, (again at that time , HHH was actually pushing the envelope as well , but that’s another topic) he was THE QUINTESSENTIAL stone cold complement...I think I saw him once have a seizure, LITERALLY, before during and aftrer he was stunned, that was not in the script , I’m sure (lol jk I didn’t see that but the dude did tremor like his neck snapped better than MJ fox, and I don’t even like the MJf jokes as I have Neuro ailment lol)

Shane also looked like he never quite recovers after being stunned .....like he looked more and more unhealthy following each application by stone cold

But good call dude, your post amused the shit outta me, brought back so much laughter from my childhood, and sadness, that marked the beginnings of the end , (around that time, post WCW)
Great observations. Critics say that the Rock oversold finishers, but I definitely disagree. He was excellent at selling the Pedigree and other finishers.

Absolutely, since I invoked HHHs name i don’t feel like it was me to push the idea, but so glad you said that lol :D

I was going to add just that, the only other guy who was willing to sacrifice (and he did one day when he lost the use of his leg for almost a year and almost considered the inevitability or retirement, almost very similarly to stone cold , [his neck and knees]) TO SELL THE SHOW. I used the think the game was a pompous self aggrandized , laughable nickname....now I respect his choice in the name addition-change more than HHH from hunter Hearst Helmsley ...but both Miavia and Helmsley truly evolved with the times and adapted well to their life paths

HHH and the Rock we’re the true masters of the square circle. They were amazing athletes , incredible showmen, talented and FUNNY actors which is a large part of the experience and sport, *smart businessmen and ultimately they both decided their own fate as they wanted - HHH married or infused his soul into wrestling and Dwayne used it as a platform to evolve into everything else, including a nice acting career. Seems like a sweet guy too, cares for the kids a lot.

I know that gif took us OT but who cares, it’s a weekly ad

* case in counterpoint, look at the Flock, raven, Saturn, Kidman, Benoit ( or malenko) etc .... maybe the best technical wrestlers on earth in one faction......and man did they suck, all that talent useless because no one could talk on the mic....oddly, not one of them could , like it was one worse than the other, at one point I thought Saturn had brain damage lol

Back on topic
Since BBY wants to suck NO DEALS ON SWITCH

Should I buy ARMS or MARIO ODYSSEY.RIGHT NOW?

I’m in the store, I got Zelda and splatoon. I’m not leaving without one more game

Please lmk which , at some point I’ll have both, but I have RPG , shooter , should I get action or fighter!

ALSO DO I NEED PRO CONTROLLERS FOR ARMS

Great observations. Critics say that the Rock oversold finishers, but I definitely disagree. He was excellent at selling the Pedigree and other finishers.
The reason why the Rock specifically oversold the Stunner was that it as a long running inside joke between Austin and the Rock. Some of the most memorable ones include his legs going over his head after bouncing off the apron due to the sheer impact of selling the finisher. It's somewhere on YouTube.

Both games are good but very different. I prefer the pro controller to the joy cons for most games. Arms is better with joy cons.

Back on topic

I’m in the store, I got Zelda and splatoon. I’m not leaving without one more game

Please lmk which , at some point I’ll have both, but I have RPG , shooter , should I get action or fighter!

The reason why the Rock specifically oversold the Stunner was that it as a long running inside joke between Austin and the Rock. Some of the most memorable ones include his legs going over his head after bouncing off the apron due to the sheer impact of selling the finisher. It's somewhere on YouTube.
absolutely completely purposeful overselling....did u not see the seizure comment lol. It was a lot of runnin jokes, I mean HHH and the rock were almost doing stand up routines switch hitting weekly on raw intros ca.1998-2000 lol
(That was the nation vs DX, when HHH came out dressed as the rock , I literally Died)

Back on topic

That’s an easy choice in my opinion. I personally think ARMS is trash while Mario is fan-freaking-tastic.

Back on topic

Super Mario Odyssey. 1. It's arguably the best game on the Switch and better than Arms. 2. Arms no longer will release content. 3. Arms is more likely to get a price drop than Odyssey. If you purchase Odyssey, see if the Best Buy has any more of those promotional Odyssey coins that they gave out for free. It's available on the Best Buy website.

Yes. There is a clip where you can see Austin smiling/chuckling before going for the pin after he sees the Rock flip over and bounce off the ropes after getting a stunner. The Rock made his opponent's finisher look legit and was willing to lose clean unlike some primadonnas.

the-rock-stunner.gif

I was going to wait on Monster Hunter World (since I'll be up to my ass in DBFZ) and hope for a minor sale before my GCU runs out in mid-March. But now I find out there's a steelbook with pre-order.

Screw it, pre-ordered. Let my wallet rue the day they decided to release both MHW and DBFZ.

Yes. There is a clip where you can see Austin smiling/chuckling before going for the pin after he sees the Rock flip over and bounce off the ropes after getting a stunner. The Rock made his opponent's finisher look legit and was willing to lose clean unlike some primadonnas.
Well done bro, well done

howd u even find a gif of that specifically

anyway, thanks for help....out of odyssey, and they had one arms....i guess i can always trade arms or sell for mario?? i just installed it, its EXTREMELY interesting but if they stopped supporting it, not sure why they are selling it like at $60, as you said the other games have a price drop (snipper cuts is like $29?) so idk...

thx tho

Well done bro, well done

howd u even find a gif of that specifically

anyway, thanks for help....out of odyssey, and they had one arms....i guess i can always trade arms or sell for mario?? i just installed it, its EXTREMELY interesting but if they stopped supporting it, not sure why they are selling it like at $60, as you said the other games have a price drop (snipper cuts is like $29?) so idk...

thx tho
There's a lot of compilations (reddit, youtube) of The Rock getting stunner'd so it was easy to find this gif. Don't know if you can see Austin laughing due to the quality, but it was very evident from a video clip I saw. ARMS is a fun game and Nintendo games hold their value very well. Nintendo is just not releasing any more characters or content, but the game now is way more loaded than when it originally released.

You seem to be confused. I'll lay it out for you.

1) My original post in question predicted that $30 4k remakes of old movies will be $7 within the year.

2) your trolly sarcastic response was "omg you mean things drop in price as they get older? please tell me more."

3) my response to that was, essentially, that a hypothetical $23 off of $30 is a huge discount within just one year of release. As I said, that isn't some normal occurrence as you implied it to be.

And that's where we are now. You seem to be confused between hypothetical and concrete discussions.

Good luck with that strawman debate strategy.
1. Your original post was presented as fact, not a prediction.

2. See point 1.

3. See point 1.

Not sure why you numbered these ... Snark aside (apologies) you presented this price drop as if it were a certainty.

Also, this isn't a "remake." It's an existing movie being released in a new format.

Anywho, don't want to further derail the thread from wrasslin'!

I was going to wait on Monster Hunter World (since I'll be up to my ass in DBFZ) and hope for a minor sale before my GCU runs out in mid-March. But now I find out there's a steelbook with pre-order.

Odds are slim, but it could happen. The game won't even be two months old by March 18th though so it's unlikely. I have a feeling Monster Hunter World is going to sell very well.

Back on topic

This shouldn't even be a question. Mario Odyssey is arguably the best game on Switch and one of the best games of 2017. I personally found ARMS to be boring and not a very fun or robust fighter in terms of how it plays.

ARMS is not a bad game by any means, but outside of 1-2 Switch is my least favourite Nintendo published game on Switch to date. I personally found the overpriced Ultra Street Fighter 2 to be more worthy of a purchase than ARMS as far as fighters go.

Odds are slim, but it could happen. The game won't even be two months old by March 18th though so it's unlikely. I have a feeling Monster Hunter World is going to sell very well.

This shouldn't even be a question. Mario Odyssey is arguably the best game on Switch and one of the best games of 2017. I personally found ARMS to be boring and not a very fun or robust fighter in terms of how it plays.

ARMS is not a bad game by any means, but outside of 1-2 Switch is my least favourite Nintendo published game on Switch to date. I personally found the overpriced Ultra Street Fighter 2 to be more worthy of a purchase than ARMS as far as fighters go.
Ofc dude....Mario is a win win. I’m getting it one way or another
It’s just I had Zelda (more RPG than action adventure but a lot single player to do on my own), and I have splatoon, a shooter for MP, But while splatoon is a 9+/10 , (and As u said Mario is 10, as is Zelda) I did t realize I was falling into my old pattern (meaning I just dropped PlayStation and over 10 years of COD,BF, etc...I said I wouldn’t fall into the FPS trend, lol) and so I wanted SOMETHING ELSE , different

While Mario is a GURANTEED win, what I should have mentioned was the above (mainly Zelda has me with a lot to do alone, and splatoon is awesome but too familiar with FPS I didn’t want to just get stuck in that genre), AND I wanted joy con gaming

So when I went to pick up, somehow, someone , or two people bought BOTH last remaining copies of BOTH Mario AND arms.....so they checked inventory and they said , “sorry, it shows 3 and 2 left, did u check the shelves?”

Mind u it’s 12noon on a weekday at the palisades mall (I think second or biggest mall in America besides Minnesota ), and NOBODY is there, except ONE LITTLE GIRL AND HER MOM WITH MARIO AND ARMS AT CHECKOUT lol the workers in blue shirts were LITERALLy sitting in the home theater area on the couches while I’m going now for the third time through the racks , and can’t find anything but rocket league

The lady who made me wait , and told me she has them in stock before I came in , and many at that too, felt so bad that my online order wasn’t prepared , the little girl took the games WHILE I was wasting time up front asking them , and then my phone died to ask my wife if I could use the card, (I know I know but it was just the holidays and money is extremely tight) And SHE screwed up the online checkout....

So the little girl won fair and square, and when I was walking to the exit, and the rain started pouring, and I looked down on the drizzling ground contemplating how on such an empty day could both of my dreams be swept away by the breath of an innocent child (...

And her goddam spoiling mother.....WHO the fuck buys both Mario AND arms for a 10 year old (who was healthy and walking around fine, meaning she wasn’t like disabled . I didn’t want to sound like a prick) ON school day DURING school hours, lunch time actually ....on top of that right in front me at this same moment I wanted just ONE of either

Lol ok so while this is completely true, I resume.....as I walked out, the girl came out from the back with the “lost” stock....it was SO not in inventory ,meaning all the lazy blue shirts just didn’t want to unload and stuck because of the weather and no customers that time ,it wasn’t magnet locked....so they just didn’t wanna get it for me

So Arms was meant to be, as Mario is on way in a month for bday.....and I liked the demo, luckily this afforded me the opportunity to try both and want to get whatever they had

It’s a great game....limited in ways. As mentioned. But so was splatoon 1....now this ones perfect

can’t wait for Mario too

Thx

Man, just what the fuck was going on with that match?? Why was Shawn going so overboard? I'm dying over here.
HBK was mad at Hogan for refusing to let him win the match at SummerSlam like they agreed before (they were supposed to trade wins). So HBK decided to oversell like crazy and make Hogan's limited moveset look ridiculous lol.

Ok Guys, this is so irrelevant but HBK IMHO IS the best all around WWF Produced. He could high fly, he could grapple, he could brawl, and he could , in an instance or two has pulled a power move , considering some opponents were over 1ft taller...before WCW began their extremely strict quality control with EXCLUSIVELY all masters in respective styles or types

(eg. juventud and pysxhosis from Mexico/high flyers with technique , then the NJ scum bags like Raven and Saturn/north east pure technical marksmen, then the Japanese etc....

and before ECW completely reset the bar with obscene extremism, but it was PURITY, with talent and fearlessness, almost suicidal performer and like RVD or Saba, where they not only WERE the best in the world but they sacrificed their lives to put on unparalleled displays of human power and no one saw it as it was on at 2/3am for its graphic content, rightly so .....lol but then WCW integrates ECW and it was the biggest tour de force ever seen since ....but Bischoff and writing (and hogan coming to WCW at that time) ruined the chance for amazing matches of the best wrestlers ever , and it hasn’t been the same since..,,every now and then there’s a raw talent dude but the golden age of nWo ans Stone cold are forever gone ....

Needless to say, I think Shawn is on RVDs level, and if they were in the same federation, or rather if Shawn went to ECW, he would have been incredible ....but also utmost might have hurt his pretty boy toy face and Shawn can’t have that .... haha ok I gotta tell someone as it’s been 20 years now BUT...before I drop the bomb I also dont think Shawn’s talent as a performer could’ve been tapped...like Taz was the best on the mic and he was so boring....so back to the secret

Shawn/hbk/reputation isn’t on the line anymore but between us , (mr Hickenbottoms name does indeed reflect what it sounds like , of what you can infer by that ...I’m sure you got it, and I am not saying that’s bad or anything but he’s on the DL)...when he would do MSG and westchester shows he’d frequent a bar called the “wine&cheese” I think it’s called....anyway let’s jist say he often went on boys only night and showed many a men the true art of Ancient Greek style wrestling ;) that night with DX (him, Chyna and hhh) were harassing sgt slaughter and Shawn was wearing nothing. But women’s (or jean claude van dam ) style underwear tights ....hes too funny

So he’d go to there and Yonkers ave and as he says so aptly

I think I'm cute.
I know I'm sexy.
I got the looks.
That drives the girls wild.

I got the moves.
That really move them.
I send chills.
Up and down their spine.

I'm just a sexy boy. (sexy boy)
I'm not your boy toy. (boy toy)

I make them hot.
I make them shiver.
Their knees get weak.
Whenever I'm around.

They see me walk.
They hear me talk.
I make them feel.
Like they're on Cloud nine.

Eat your heart out girls.
Hands off the merchandise.

I'm not your boy toy. (boy toy)[attachment=29346:D900840D-DF98-4112-8473-7FEF13B1E6A1.jpeg][attachment=29346:D900840D-DF98-4112-8473-7FEF13B1E6A1.jpeg]

HBK was mad at Hogan for refusing to let him win the match at SummerSlam like they agreed before (they were supposed to trade wins). So HBK decided to oversell like crazy and make Hogan's limited moveset look ridiculous lol.
This is DEFINITELY what I think happened. Hogan looked like a damn fool out there, not Shawn.

bread's done
Back