Best Buy ad 1/30-2/5

chatgirl4

Banned
Sorry about that little error last week.

Here are the prices for the week of 1/30-2/5.

New Releases
Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 $19.99
Alice in Wonderland $19.99
Let Me In $19.99
Never Let Me Go
Conviction
(Never Let Me Go and Conviction Only Show DVD Prices. I'm assuming They will both be $19.99 as well.)

$24.99
Social Network
Saw VII ( BR+DVD+DC)
RED(BR+DVD+Comic Book)

$14.99
The Long Kiss Goodnight
Heavy Metal
Almost Famous

$9.99
Hannibal

Credit to BriWeezy from blu-ray.com

[quote name='derby70']I'm thinking that's a bluray price for Alice.....[/QUOTE]I bet that'll be the DVD price for it, as it's showing $29.99 on the website. Walmart.com is showing as $27.86.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I knew amazon was ridiculous with a 27.99 price tag for alice... now hopefully we get a coupon![/QUOTE]I wouldn't assume that yet, and I think we're going to get a rude surprise assuming it'll get a coupon. We'd probably see something about one by now.

[quote name='shrike4242']I wouldn't assume that yet, and I think we're going to get a rude surprise assuming it'll get a coupon. We'd probably see something about one by now.[/QUOTE]

This is true... $19.99 isn't all that horrible I guess...

but is there anyway I can get amazon to add alice onto my bambi order? Since they have the buy bambi + another title get $10 off your order.

If it's blu ray then Alice in wonderland is well worth it. Has anyone here seen let me in and if so is it any good?

[quote name='Penguin1084']This is true... $19.99 isn't all that horrible I guess...

but is there anyway I can get amazon to add alice onto my bambi order? Since they have the buy bambi + another title get $10 off your order.[/QUOTE]I did manage to get them to do it on my order, though they claimed it was a one-time exception. Then again, they say that a lot in these types of situations.

You can email them and ask them, though I wouldn't wait too long, otherwise it won't be an option.

I just emailed Amazon lets see what they say. Bambi is $15 because they were offering a coupon right? It's been so long, uggghhh. What did you tell them shrike?

EDIT: I don't know what they did for shrike but they just manually adjusted the price for me to $17.98. If the price goes does down I don't think it will change so time will tell if this is going to be a hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely in for Alice if it's for the Blu. Here's also hoping that there's an $8 or $10 coupon. They usually show up by now, don't they? Still $20 is a good price for a great movie.

[quote name='Vap']If it's blu ray then Alice in wonderland is well worth it. Has anyone here seen let me in and if so is it any good?[/QUOTE]

"Let Me In" is the American (hold your hand so you understand) version of "Let The Right One In". I like the original Swedish version better.

M

NICE! I emailed amazon CS and explained that I wanted to add the AiW BD to my existing order with Bambi to take advantage of the $10 off offer. The CSR added AiW to my order and adjusted it to $17.99. :bouncy:

That should be the Blu Alice in Wonderland...I don't believe a DVD version is coming out next week. Didn't they release that last year when the Burton one came out?

I'm hoping for a coupon as well....c'mon Disney!!

A number of critics have said LET ME IN is as good as LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, albeit in different ways. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

[quote name='seanw']A number of critics have said LET ME IN is as good as LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, albeit in different ways. I'm looking forward to seeing it.[/QUOTE]

I felt "Let Me In" kind of spoon fed you certain elements that the original let your mind figure out for itself. But whatever works for you. That's just my thoughts on it.

M

I emailed Amazon as well, hopefully I'll get lucky like you all did, and they'll add it to my Bambi order at the reduced price.

Long Kiss Goodnight for me. That was my very first DVD purchase back in '97 (I think). I'll be happy to upgrade.

Anyone know what the competitors prices on Alice in Wonderland will be? I haven't been able to locate any other prices/ads for Target or Wal-mart, etc.

Here is the rest of the prices/info from the ad not mentioned in the OP:

Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 (blu/dvd) - $19.99 (dvd $14.99)
Alice in Wonderland (blu/dvd) - $19.99
Let Me In (blu/dvd/dc) - $19.99 (dvd $13.99)
Never Let Me Go (dvd $13.99)
Conviction (dvd $13.99)

$24.99
Social Network
Saw VII ( BR+DVD+DC)
RED(BR+DVD+Comic Book)
Glee Season 2, Volume 1 dvd

$14.99
The Long Kiss Goodnight
Heavy Metal
Almost Famous

$9.99
Hannibal

$16.99 DVD
Secretariat
Piranha
Despicable Me
Takers

TV on DVD
Dexter Season 4 - $19.99
Tudors Season 4 - $19.99
NCIS Season 7 - $29.99
Criminal Minds Season 5 - $29.99

Looks like there will be a $10 upgrade coupon for Alice.
Saw it over at slick deals, just hasn't gone live yet.

Awesome deal, $9.99 for Alice in Wonderland on Blu.

[quote name='Skiry']Looks like there will be a $10 upgrade coupon for Alice.

Awesome deal, $9.99 for Alice in Wonderland on Blu.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, looks like it will find its way to my shelf :)

[quote name='dc_fortythree']Not sure if this is ymmv but just saw kick ass BR.DVD combo pack for 9.99.[/QUOTE]

There is a thread listing a bunch of Blu-rays 10 bucks at BB.com. Thinking it might be a sale as well in store?

[quote name='Skiry']Looks like there will be a $10 upgrade coupon for Alice.

Awesome deal, $9.99 for Alice in Wonderland on Blu.[/QUOTE]

It's live now. Just need to enter qualifying UPC's in code box to unlock the offer.

From another forum:
LINK
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Use the following UPCs from previous releases at disneymovierewards.com to active your coupon:
[/FONT]

[quote name='Teujip']There is a thread listing a bunch of Blu-rays 10 bucks at BB.com. Thinking it might be a sale as well in store?[/QUOTE]

just saw it. thanks for the heads up.

With Coupon the Chihuahua 2 movie is $10 too. Might have to get that for the kids along with Alice. Two movies for $20 is great.

bread's done
Back