Best Buy AD (11-21-11-24) BLU-RAY & DVD

Gears24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
(11-23)The Expendables-$19.99(DVD $16.99)
How To Train Your Dragon-$17.99
(11-23)Eat Prey Love-$22.99(DVD $17.99)
(11-23)Pillars Of The Earth-$44.99(DVD 34.99)
(11-23)Tyler Perry's Medea's Big Happy Family-DVD $12.99
(11-23)Beauty & The Beast-$17.99 DVD
(11-23)Search For Santa Paws-$25.99(DVD $17.99)

3.49 DVD
Final Destination 3
Jaws 3

7.99 Blu Ray
Planet Hulk
3:10 To Yuma

12.99 Blu-Ray(DVD $9.99)
Alvin & The Chipmunks The SqueakQuel
Zombieland
Tooth Fairy
Hot Tub Time Machine
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid
She's Out Of My League
Percy Jackson And The Olympians:The Lightning King

14.99 Blu-Ray(DVD $9.99)
Remember Me
The WolfMan
Green Zone
MacGruber
The Hurt Locker
Get Him To The Greek

TV's ON DVD $14.99
Hero's Season 3
The Office Season 5
House Season 5
BattleStar Galactica Season 4.5

TV ON DVD $16.99
The Shield Season 7
Rescue Me Season 5

TV ON DVD $17.99
One Tree Hill Season 6
Two & A Half Men Season 6

TV ON DVD $19.99
Glee Season 1

Blu Ray
Sons Of Anarchy-$24.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sweeetja713'].. has some other goodies like jonah hex for 14.99[/QUOTE]

haha! I just watched this movie last night, one hour, 13 mins long, I was asleep for the entire finale. Megan Fox's face look like CGI was superimposed over it. and her total screen time was about 17 minutes. And the fact that anytime Johah Hex took a drink of something, it never went out the hole on the side of his mouth is beyond me (that would have been some good comic relief though!) so this movie is not a 'goodie'..except for the fact you got to see Will Arnet in a somewhat serious role..but then again he was only on screen for 5 minutes. argh, enough of my critique..

Also, The KIllers isn't in the ad, but on the shelf for $12.99, will be $10 on BF though. Interestingly enough, all these films only had 3 copies on the shelf and none in the rows, either they're holding stock or it could be slim pickings come Friday morning..I hope not!

Is Glee worth it for $20? One of my friends never misses an episode...just doesn't seem like my cup of tea though, some of my shows are The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Entourage, Sons of Anarchy, etc.

But, I gotta say I do have a soft spot when it comes to musicals. Grew up around them as mom was a music teacher, think I'd get into Glee?

When will next weeks ad usually come out? With the holiday weekend coming up I don't want to get stuck with Fantasia & Sorcerers Apprentice if Amazon were to ship early to meet its RDD.

[quote name='token2k6']haha! I just watched this movie last night, one hour, 13 mins long, I was asleep for the entire finale. Megan Fox's face look like CGI was superimposed over it. and her total screen time was about 17 minutes. And the fact that anytime Johah Hex took a drink of something, it never went out the hole on the side of his mouth is beyond me (that would have been some good comic relief though!) so this movie is not a 'goodie'..except for the fact you got to see Will Arnet in a somewhat serious role..but then again he was only on screen for 5 minutes. argh, enough of my critique..

Also, The KIllers isn't in the ad, but on the shelf for $12.99, will be $10 on BF though. Interestingly enough, all these films only had 3 copies on the shelf and none in the rows, either they're holding stock or it could be slim pickings come Friday morning..I hope not![/QUOTE]

They probably have shippers (displays pre-filled with inventory when shipped to the store) in the back that they will put out for Black Friday.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Is Glee worth it for $20? One of my friends never misses an episode...just doesn't seem like my cup of tea though, some of my shows are The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Entourage, Sons of Anarchy, etc.

But, I gotta say I do have a soft spot when it comes to musicals. Grew up around them as mom was a music teacher, think I'd get into Glee?[/QUOTE]

For $19.99, I'd say yes. The humor is great, for the most part, the music is enjoyable, even if it's a song I'm not into. I will say the first half of Season 1 was definitely better than the second. This season has been great, on par with the first half of season one. I'm not usually into musicals, but I watch Glee every week. Overall, it's a very positive show, watching an episode leaves me feeling happy.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Is Glee worth it for $20? One of my friends never misses an episode...just doesn't seem like my cup of tea though, some of my shows are The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Entourage, Sons of Anarchy, etc.

But, I gotta say I do have a soft spot when it comes to musicals. Grew up around them as mom was a music teacher, think I'd get into Glee?[/QUOTE]

Get it! I had ZERO interest in a show called Glee, until my mother, of all people, told me I needed to be on the lookout for this show. I recorded the first episode and watched it within a week. I was hooked. My wife even jumped in mid-season and now its her favorite show. The first season is definitely a lot better than the second (so far) b/c everything they do is on a more epic proportion. The songs are better, guest stars are better, and the chicks always stay hot (yes, even Lea Michelle, don't hate!)

for $20 it's a no-brainer, less than $1 per episode..

Just watched a promo, it was created by Ryan Murphy? I loved Nip/Tuck until it got ridiculously stupid. I think I may just blindbuy this. Think it'll go any cheaper than $20 this week, or we'll see the blu-ray hit $25?

[quote name='mr_bungle']or we'll see the blu-ray hit $25?[/QUOTE]

nope, not until next fall or end of next summer when SN 2 release on discs..I'm sure Fox (or whoever is responsible for the format) know that this will sell at a high price...hell they made a Karaoke Revolution Glee version, a game with cover songs, based on a show based on cover songs..go figure. There are 4 full length albums out and 2 EPs. the franchise prints money..

Well I picked up Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Lol was also going to get Employee of the Month i think it was called since it was only $7.99 but passed.

I stand as the voice of reason against the recommendations that you buy (let alone watch) Glee. I too watch and love all the sorts of shows you do, and I love many irreverent comedies as well (AD, Peep Show, Inbetweeners, Community, etc.) but Glee is just not a good show. The primary story arc in the first season is frustratingly stupid - the main character's wife fakes a pregnancy. As in, she wears foam baby bumps and goes to lamaze classes with him.

The secondary characters in the show are fun, some of the musical numbers are cool (if musicals affect you in any way), and the humor comes from the characters rather than from jokes (which is my favorite style of comedy), but there just isn't a lot of humor to the show in general to warrant suffering through the fake pregnancy plot, which takes up WAY more show time than it should. Whole episodes are dedicated to it, and the whole time I am thinking "DOES THIS GUY NEVER SEE HIS WIFE NAKED? AT ALL?"

There is also this tacked-on all-inclusiveness to the cast of characters that just plain doesn't work most of the time. One of the glee members is in a wheelchair, and for the dozen or more episodes I watched not only was he barely in the show, but his wheelchair doesn't affect anything. The same goes for a glee member who has the worst stutter in acting history. Why even include these characters if you can't say anything about their plight (or lack thereof, if that is what you mean to say)?

Anyway, I just stopped watching like 13 episodes into the first season. Someone should tell me I'm thinking too hard about this show - but I'd contest it by commenting on how intricately-woven most of Community's episodes are, among other shows. Glee ain't worth your time homie.

supershammy, you're thinking too hard about that show! ;)

seriously, those are good comments, but I don't think the show deserves that much criticism based on the characters. The wife situation was a fluke and I'm glad they got rid of it, the guy in the wheel chair has a dream sequence where he gets up and dances (mind-fuck-bonanza) and I have never noticed this stuttering character..

there have been a lot worse shows, but this show came out of the gate swinging and hasn't let up, except for a few episodes this season ('Grilled Jeezus' should have never seen the light of day.)

[quote name='token2k6']supershammy, you're thinking too hard about that show! ;)

seriously, those are good comments, but I don't think the show deserves that much criticism based on the characters. The wife situation was a fluke and I'm glad they got rid of it, the guy in the wheel chair has a dream sequence where he gets up and dances (mind-fuck-bonanza) and I have never noticed this stuttering character..

there have been a lot worse shows, but this show came out of the gate swinging and hasn't let up, except for a few episodes this season ('Grilled Jeezus' should have never seen the light of day.)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, the asian girl is the stutterer!! See what I mean?? Sometimes she stutters ridiculously hard, sometimes she doesn't, and it never amounts to anything and she's barely in the show for a main character as it is. Anyway, I liked the show when it wasn't doing anything plot-wise. It was just too focused on it's ridiculous plot for me.

Just picked up Macgruber, Get Him to the Greek, and She's out of my League. Sad thing was none of the movies were marked at the lower prices. I might pick up Glee with the Expendables on Tuesday or Wednesday.

No deals on the new Avatar (James Cameron version) Blu-ray? I wasn't able to pick up a copy last week that's why...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']Yo, that 17.99 Beauty & The Beast is the DVD release. Got me excited, but meh, the coupon I have expires the 28th anyway.[/QUOTE]
Sorry Let me fix that

[quote name='dinovelvet']These two things do not go together.[/QUOTE]

Glee is for the wife and Expendables is for me. I try to buy stuff she likes every once in a while when I buy Blus and DVDs.

[quote name='sweeetja713']Looks like amazon has already price match most of this plus has some other goodies like jonah hex for 14.99[/QUOTE]

Ack, thanks for the heads up. Ordered Hot Tub Time Machine for store pickup and found out I could get it for 10 bucks on Amazon with no shipping/tax. Will cancel my BB order and place one for Amazon instead.

FYI, the Best Buy ad shows their exclusive Nut Up or Shut Up Edition, but it's OOP and they only stock the regular version. I looked it up, it's about 28 minutes of extra behind the scenes stuff...certainly not worth paying what people on Amazon/Ebay want for it.

bread's done
Back