Best Buy Ad - (12/05-12/11) - Blu prices

integrafied1

CAGiversary!
Inception (Blu/dvd/dc) - $24.99
Inception (1-disc) - $18.99 (dvd $17.99)
Inception (Blu/dvd/dc) - $29.99 BB exclusive includes the shooting script
Shrek The Whole Story - $49.99 (dvd $34.99) BB exclusive talking package
Shrek The Final Chapter (Blu/dvd) - $25.99 (dvd $19.99) Includes Donkey's x-mas shrektacular
Shrek The Final Chapter (1-disc) - $22.99 (dvd $16.99)
Grown Ups (Blu/dvd/dc) - $21.99
Grown Ups (1-disc) - $19.99
(dvd $13.99)
Eclipse - $19.99 (dvd $15.99)
Universe 3D - $24.99
Alice In Wonderland 3D (3DBD/Blu/dvd/dc) - $34.99

3D Blu Ray $29.99
My Bloody Valentine
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
Monster House
The Last Airbender
Open Season
A Christmas Carol

$19.99
Get Him To The Greek
Wall-E
Eat Pray Love
Robin Hood
The Princess and the Frog
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Killers
The Last Airbender
Toy Story
Predators

$14.99
Sherlock Holmes
The Blind Side
The Hangover
Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
Ninja Assassin
Zombieland
I Love You, Man
Where The Wild Things Are
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship

$9.99
Watchmen
Gran Torino
Hancock
The Human Centipede
The Taking of Pelham 123
Slumdog Millionaire
The Wrestler
American History X
The Ugly Truth
The Departed

$19.99 tv on dvd
Dexter Season 2
Entourage Season 5
Californication Season 2
Mad Men Season 2
Castle Season 1
NCIS Season 6
Six Feet Under Season 5
Scrubs Season 8
Flight of the Conchords Season 2

$4.99 dvd
The Notebook
Seven
The Box
I Am Legend
Borat
Batman Begins
Grandmas Boy
Dodgeball

*Note: Target ad for this week has the Inception combo (Blu/dvd/dc)
listed at $17.99*

Ended up ordering the BB Exclusive Inception on their site for store pickup since I had a RZ certificate expiring on the 4th. With a gift card too, only $11.28 out of pocket.

[quote name='pandarus']where are you guys seeing the target ad for next week?[/QUOTE]

I saw the ad at DVD talk

[quote name='shadowkast']Do you happen to see the price of the tron legacy soundtrack in there ?? :)[/QUOTE]

sorry Shadowkast it wasnt in either ad

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']hopefully fye wil pm target prices for the inception steelbook.[/QUOTE]

YMMV I know my store won't. We are instructed to price match stuff with ad only and it has to be the same thing. Since the Steelbook is an exclusive we wouldn't match the price of the regular dvd or blu ray at another store.

Can someone explain to me the 1-Disc BR version of Inception? It doesn't show on Amazon. I'm wondering if it'll have all the same features as the 3-disc one, just without the DVD and digital copy.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Can someone explain to me the 1-Disc BR version of Inception? It doesn't show on Amazon. I'm wondering if it'll have all the same features as the 3-disc one, just without the DVD and digital copy.[/QUOTE]

It'll be hard to judge unless some online site lists in the product description..its hazy at best. Sometimes you do get slimmed down Blu Ray copies when you get the BD disc only version, sometimes it's exactly the same..and with rental copies (if you buy used from Redbox or something) you never get any extra features..

but really with these prices, why not just go for the triple pack? $18? that's one of the cheapest w/o coupon that I've seen..

Yeah, $18 for a new release, especially when it has everything...that's a steal right there.

BTW, I didn't know where to put this, but I stopped at Best Buy earlier tonight, and I got Road to Perdition (one of Hanks' best films) and Kingdom of Heaven for $14.99 each. Perdition I've seen being $25 for months now, and they dropped it $11. Kingdom of Heaven, I believe is the director's cut, and it includes the DVD copy IIRC.

The Best Buy I went to is also promoting some sort of 2 for $22 deal. Movies I saw under the deal: Hot Fuzz, Land of the Lost, Drag me to Hell, Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum. You can mix and match.

[quote name='token2k6']It'll be hard to judge unless some online site lists in the product description..its hazy at best. Sometimes you do get slimmed down Blu Ray copies when you get the BD disc only version, sometimes it's exactly the same..and with rental copies (if you buy used from Redbox or something) you never get any extra features..

but really with these prices, why not just go for the triple pack? $18? that's one of the cheapest w/o coupon that I've seen..[/QUOTE]

The triple pack is listed at $25. It's the single disc for $18. I'd rather save $7 and not get the DVD and digital copy if that's all that's missing, you know?

I just saw the TV spot for the combo pack and it said the bonus features are on that one so looks like the combo is the one to get im a sucker for bonus features

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']The triple pack is listed at $25. It's the single disc for $18. I'd rather save $7 and not get the DVD and digital copy if that's all that's missing, you know?[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of any differences for sure yet, but in the review for the 3-disc set, it is mentioned that the bonus features are spread across two discs so it is possible
that some bonus features may have been dropped for the single disc version. Unless they condensed everything.
Target has the combo pack for $18, one dollar less that BB's single disc version.

Wow, Shrek is also $42 over at Target.

Going to go PM Inception and Shrek over at Best Buy due to reward zone certificates that need to be used.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']The triple pack is listed at $25. It's the single disc for $18. I'd rather save $7 and not get the DVD and digital copy if that's all that's missing, you know?[/QUOTE]

But at Target, the combo pack will be $17.99. It's in their upcoming Sunday ad.

Well after seeing the actual BB ad this morning, I think trying to PM Target with that combo pack w/ shooting script will be extreme YMMV. Looks like they have a) Single Disc Blu Ray ($19), b) 3-Disc Combo pack ($25), c) 3-disc combo pack with shooting script ($30). The later, that we all want to PM has a totally different cover (at least according to the picture.)

It would take a miracle to get most to PM the one with the script, especially since the $12 price difference will raise eyebrows. I can see them giving you the $25 one easily by PMing Target, but not the $30 one..good luck!!

[quote name='token2k6']It would take a miracle to get most to PM the one with the script, especially since the $12 price difference will raise eyebrows. I can see them giving you the $25 one easily by PMing Target, but not the $30 one..good luck!![/QUOTE]

Definitely YMMV, but plenty of people were able to get steelbook versions of Iron Man 2 from Target and PMed the triple pack from Best Buy,

oh thats nice! thanks Trix..

saved me a hassle b/c I didn't grab a Target ad and half the time they don't want to look up the weekly ad online..this will just make it easier, wasn't too thrilled about the script edition anyway..

Thanks. Just got it from BB. I had a print out of their online ad so they can PM it since it rings up $24.99 instead of $17.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='integrafied1']
$9.99
The Human Centipede
American History X
[/QUOTE]

Best Buy sure knows how to spread that Christmas cheer!

i went to best buy and it rang up as 24.99 and i told them their online ad said 17.99. the lady at the cash register wouldn't listen so i just brought my ass to target and bought it there

Was there a mistake made by Dreamworks? I bought the Shrek Forever After blu-ray/DVD combo pack at Best Buy where on the cardboard slipcase it clearly states "Includes Donkey's Christmas Shrektacular". Their ad says that the DVD is included as well. It is not included anywhere in the package. There's something called "Donkey's Caroling Christmas-tacular" on the blu-ray disc, but it's only a short 5 minute clip. The Christmas Shrektacular DVD runs about 30 minutes and is included with the Shrek Forever After DVD double-pack only. Any suggestions?

bread's done
Back