Best Buy Ad - (12/11-12/18) - Blu prices

integrafied1

CAGiversary!
Despicable Me (3D/Blu/dvd/dc) - $34.99
Despicable Me (Blu/dvd/dc) - $21.99
Despicable Me double dvd pack - $19.99
*Versions above are listed as having BB exclusive Movie Mode Edition as well as including three new mini-movies*
Despicable Me (1 disc dvd) - $14.99
Despicable Me 9" plush - $12.99 with DM movie purchase ($19.99 when purchased alone) BB exclusive

The Other Guys (Blu/dvd) - $24.99
The Other Guys (1-disc) - $19.99 (dvd $16.99)
The Town (Blu/dvd/dc) - $24.99
The Town (1-disc) - $19.99 (dvd $17.99)
Legend of the Guardians (3D/Blu/dvd/dc) - $34.99
Legend of the Guardians (Blu/dvd/dc) - $24.99
Legend of the Guardians (1-disc) $19.99 (dvd $17.99)
A-Team (Blu/dc) - $22.99 (dvd $16.99)
24 Season Eight - $44.99 (dvd $39.99)
Nanny McPhee Returns - $26.99 (dvd $17.99)

Godfather Trilogy - $59.99 (dvd $26.99)
Planet Earth - $39.99 (dvd $24.99)
Back to the Future Trilogy - $39.99 (dvd $24.99)
Lost Compete Series - $179.99 (dvd $149.99)
Matrix Trilogy - $49.99
Toy Story Trilogy - $59.99
Rome Complete Series - $89.99
Tudors Complete Series - (dvd $79.99)
Deadwood Complete Series - (dvd $89.99)
Golden Girls Complete Series - (dvd $89.99)
The Wire Complete Series - (dvd $119.99)
The Sopranos Complete Series - (dvd $199.99)
24 Complete Series - (dvd $199.99)

Knight and Day (Blu/dvd/dc) - $16.99
Knight and Day (Blu/dvd) - $14.99
Inception (Blu/dvd/dc) - $24.99
Inception (1-disc) - $19.99 (dvd $17.99)
Shrek The Final Chapter - $27.99 (dvd $14.99)
Lost Season Six - $39.99 (dvd $29.99)

$9.99
The Aviator
The Dirty Dozen
Marley and Me
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

$4.99 dvd
Peter Pan
The Cat in the Hat
Harry and the Hendersons
The Little Rascals

$3.49 dvd
Training day
Risky Business
Rush Hour
The Assassination of Jesse James

The Grinch - (dvd $9.99)
White Christmas - (dvd $19.99)
Mickey's Christmas Carol - (dvd $12.99)
Peanuts Holiday Collection - (dvd $29.99)

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Knight and Day sales is lower than the original release sales price just two weeks later?[/QUOTE]

Its the way Best Buy is doing things lately.

As long as they PM it makes me a happy camper.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Knight and Day sales is lower than the original release sales price just two weeks later?[/QUOTE]

yeah glad I didn't get this today. I had a plan to get it for $20 at BB customer service counter b/c the webiste showed the regular cover (3 disc combo pack) for the sku of the gift pack (BD & DVD in separate cases.) I was even thinking about doing in-store pick up, laying my odds on 9-to-1 that would pull the 3 disc pack..OH WELL, glad I waited..man I've been spending too much on movies lately, plus w/ Inception, Shrek set, Despicable Me, it's not getting any better :roll:

so if I bought Toy Story Trilogy at Best Buy on November 13th that would fall into the 30 day return period and be eligible for best buy to give me $20 back right?

[quote name='levon15']so if I bought Toy Story Trilogy at Best Buy on November 13th that would fall into the 30 day return period and be eligible for best buy to give me $20 back right?[/QUOTE]

sure..why not? you have like a 1-2 day window though..and if you don't have your receipt and are a RZ member, you can look it up there..

I have the recipt and I'll be there on that Sunday. Checked the BesBuy site. Seems my purchase would count as a holiday return since it was after November 1

[quote name='levon15']so if I bought Toy Story Trilogy at Best Buy on November 13th that would fall into the 30 day return period and be eligible for best buy to give me $20 back right?[/QUOTE]Actually, you should be good for the extended return window up until the middle to end of January. Check your receipt for when you could return it, though the price adjustment period may not be extended with the extended return period.

I'd go on Sunday to make sure you're covered.

Is there even a single-disc blu-ray package of Inception? There's no listing for one on either Amazon or Allmovie.com. I'm asking because on K-mart's online weekly ad their selling Inception "blue-ray dvd" for $22.99, which I'm assuming to be the combo pack with no record of a single-disc blu-ray. So is this some kind of Best Buy exclusive?

[quote name='nietzsche74']Is there even a single-disc blu-ray package of Inception? There's no listing for one on either Amazon or Allmovie.com. I'm asking because on K-mart's online weekly ad their selling Inception "blue-ray dvd" for $22.99, which I'm assuming to be the combo pack with no record of a single-disc blu-ray. So is this some kind of Best Buy exclusive?[/QUOTE]BB has one in their ad, so I'd assume it's a BB-exclusive version like they're doing with The Town.

[quote name='shrike4242']BB has one in their ad, so I'd assume it's a BB-exclusive version like they're doing with The Town.[/QUOTE]

BB has matched Target/Amazon price for BR/Dvd/Dlc for $17.99. The single BR version is the same price but has a different SKU number.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Incepti...u-ray+Disc/1534442.p?id=2164185&skuId=1534442

Here is the link for all Inception versions from BB
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...skuid&qp=&list=n&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&p=[promotion,+synonymns]&_D:p=+&pu=defaultusr&_D:pu=+&pt=1290924001&iht=n&_DARGS=/site/en_US/search/fragments/includes/olssearchparameters.jsp.frmSearchResults

Despicable Me (3D/Blu/dvd/dc) - $34.99 is upsetting. It is cheaper right now on their own website. I'm looking to get a 3D movie to finally show off my TV. Amazon has it for $31.99 right now....still a bit pricey.

[quote name='doubledown']Despicable Me (3D/Blu/dvd/dc) - $34.99 is upsetting. It is cheaper right now on their own website. I'm looking to get a 3D movie to finally show off my TV. Amazon has it for $31.99 right now....still a bit pricey.[/QUOTE]

I imagine it won't be until this time next year until 3D movies come out at enticing prices. I mean jesus, there are only 10 different titles available total!?! The market would have to be a bit more saturated. Used to be that the 3-disc combo packs were too pricey, now a handful are coming in under $20 (which to me is a phenomenal deal, but some will say even that is too expensive..) I am personally struggling with the advent of free and rental streaming as it is definitely becoming the way of the future, something I swore I would never let happen. But cheaper is cheaper folks..and less clutter!

[quote name='token2k6']I imagine it won't be until this time next year until 3D movies come out at enticing prices. I mean jesus, there are only 10 different titles available total!?! The market would have to be a bit more saturated. Used to be that the 3-disc combo packs were too pricey, now a handful are coming in under $20 (which to me is a phenomenal deal, but some will say even that is too expensive..) I am personally struggling with the advent of free and rental streaming as it is definitely becoming the way of the future, something I swore I would never let happen. But cheaper is cheaper folks..and less clutter![/QUOTE]I'm not sure if they'll be putting out 3D-only titles in retail for a while that's currently coming out as a combo pack, such as:

Despicable Me
Guardians of Ga'Hoole
Alice In Wonderland

Unless you can find a 3D-only version of a title for less than $10 or so, it'll be cheaper in the long-run to get the combo pack.

I only have one so far (Christmas Carol) because it was the only combo pack for the title and the only one the coupon on Amazon would work for. Guardians isn't coming in a 3D-less version, though Despicable Me is.

Until streaming provides much higher bitrates and true lossless audio, it's just not the same as Bluray...

Unfortunately I don't think a lot of people agree... of course, lots of people seem to think that upscaled DVD looks as good as Bluray, too. (and probably spent a whole 10 seconds hooking up their players with the nice yellow/red/white cables the manufacturer so thoughtfully included with their Bluray player!)

[quote name='skulls dont fade']Is it the BBC Planet Earth or the US version?[/QUOTE]

The ad has this version pictured.
That'd be the US version(4-disc) narrated by Attenborough.

Cancelled my WBShop "order" for the Matrix box and picked it up from BB. I had enough between a GC, RZ Cert., and the 10% off coupon that came in the mail last week that I ended up only paying $3.54 for it.

Does anybody know what the "Despicable Me" Blu-ray Movie Mode Exclusive contains?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the 1 disc version of The Town is the same extended cut as the 3 disc version? I don't feel like I need a digital copy and DVD but I don't want to end up with the theatrical cut only.

bread's done
Back