Best Buy Ad - (12/26-01/01) - Blu/dvd prices

integrafied1

CAGiversary!
The American - $26.99 (dvd $19.99)
Resident Evil Afterlife 3D - $34.99
Resident Evil Afterlife - $21.99 (dvd $16.99)
Resident Evil 4-disc set - $69.99 (comes in collector's glock packaging, BB exclusive)
Jersey Shore S1 & S2 - dvd $21.99
Archer Season 1 - dvd $22.99
Twelve - dvd $17.99

Alien Anthology - $74.99
Alice In Wonderland (3D/blu/dvd/dc) - $27.99 (dvd $15.99)
A Christmas Carol (3D/blu/dvd/dc) - $27.99 (dvd $15.99)
Inception (blu/dvd/dc) - $19.99 (dvd $9.99)
The Expendables (blu/dvd) - $12.99 (dvd $9.99)
The Town (blu/dvd) - $19.99 (dvd $12.99)
The Last Airbender (blu/dvd) - $19.99 (dvd $13.99)
Legend of the Guardians (blu/dvd) - $19.99 (dvd $14.99)
Sex and the City 2 (blu/dvd) - $19.99 (dvd $14.99)
Sorcerers Apprentice (blu/dvd) - $24.99 (dvd $15.99)
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 (blu/dvd) - $27.99 (dvd $24.99)
The A-Team (blu/dc) - $12.99
The Other Guys - $12.99
Iron Man 2 - $19.99
Toy Story 3 - dvd $9.99

Supernatural Season 5 - $19.99 (dvd $14.99)
The Office Season 6 - $19.99 (dvd $14.99)
Chuck Season 3 - $22.99 (dvd $14.99)
House Season 6 - $29.99 (dvd $19.99)
True Blood Season 2 - $29.99 (dvd $24.99)
Spartacus Season 1 - $32.99 (dvd $26.99)
Fringe Season 1 - dvd $19.99
Sara Conner Chronicles Season 2 - dvd $19.99
Mad Men Season 3 - dvd $19.99
Burn Notice Season 3 - dvd $19.99
Heroes Season 3 - dvd $19.99
The Simpsons Season 13 - dvd $19.99
Family Guy Volume 8 - dvd $19.99
Weeds Season 5 - dvd $16.99

Now I don't know if I want to buy the A-Team from Target or BB.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Your Welcome.

[quote name='integrafied1']Now I don't know if I want to buy the A-Team from Target or BB.

Your Welcome.[/QUOTE]

Amazon FTW.

[quote name='kill3r7']Amazon FTW.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm assuming Amazon will most likely price match,
but I'm thinking I may want the bd/dvd/dc that Target has.

[quote name='integrafied1']Yeah, I'm assuming Amazon will most likely price match,
but I'm thinking I may want the bd/dvd/dc that Target has.[/QUOTE]

Ah, almost didn't catch that there's a BD/DVD/DC at Target and BD/DC at Best Buy.

Thanks OP. Going to get The Other Guys, The Expendables, and possibly The A-Team. BTW, The Legends of the Guardian 3 disc is currently 19.99 on Amazon.

So, if it doesn't say a format after, does that mean BR? Because I am in for The Other Guys for $13 on BR.

[quote name='rerun']So, if it doesn't say a format after, does that mean BR? Because I am in for The Other Guys for $13 on BR.[/QUOTE]

Same here if that's true.

[quote name='rerun']So, if it doesn't say a format after, does that mean BR? Because I am in for The Other Guys for $13 on BR.[/QUOTE]The OP is usually pretty good about differentiating what's on DVD versus what's on BluRay, so if there's nothing listed, it should be on BluRay.

The version of The Other Guys might be the single-disc BD release, since there's a single-disc BD release and a two-disc BD/DVD/DC release as well.

yeah I'm with you on that shrike, gotta be a single disc version.

man the market is getting so crowded these days, pretty soon we'll see DVD, Single BD, BD combo pack, 3D combo pack for some films. How is a consumer to decide??

Does anyone think its pointless to buy or 'collect' single disc BR's if a combo pack is out there? after all, some combo packs are limited to when they're gone, they're replaced with single discs (ie Observe & Report w/ no digital copy anymore) Plus if it's only a few dollars more..

Dang, Couple bucks cheaper. Def going to best buy instead of Target

In for Expendables, Other Guys, and A-Team. Shame they don't have the sorceress apprentice for 15.

[quote name='token2k6']yeah I'm with you on that shrike, gotta be a single disc version.

man the market is getting so crowded these days, pretty soon we'll see DVD, Single BD, BD combo pack, 3D combo pack for some films. How is a consumer to decide??

Does anyone think its pointless to buy or 'collect' single disc BR's if a combo pack is out there? after all, some combo packs are limited to when they're gone, they're replaced with single discs (ie Observe & Report w/ no digital copy anymore) Plus if it's only a few dollars more..[/QUOTE]I try to get the combo version whenever I can when it's not a huge difference in price. Sometimes they're not worth trying to track down when they're retailer exclusives, because they can be easy denials for PM due to not being the same item.

These are the ones I know of at the moment, though I know there's more:

Splice @ Walmart - BD/DVD/DC combo, BD/DC elsewhere
Predators @ Walmart - BD/DVD/DC combo, BD/DC elsewhere
A-Team @ Target - BD/DVD/DC combo, BD/DC elsewhere

If the price difference is high enough, I'll pass on the combo pack, such as I did with Predators when it was on sale at BF for $10.

I'll hit Target for their combo pack of A-Team at $15 versus picking it up at Best Buy or Amazon for $12.99. A few dollars extras for the DVD is fine with me, though when it's $10 or more, no thanks, as the DVD will eventually get to that price over time.

3D movies are starting to go that way as well, such as Despicable Me being 4-disc w/3D disc and Legends Of The Guardians 3-disc w/3D disc.

From the ad, I'm in for Family Guy V8, Chuck S3 on BD without question. If The Other Guys ends up being single-disc for $13 and combo for $25, then that'll be a hard one to pick up as the combo version.

[quote name='rerun']So, if it doesn't say a format after, does that mean BR? Because I am in for The Other Guys for $13 on BR.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='metallicoholic']Same here if that's true.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']The version of The Other Guys might be the single-disc BD release, since there's a single-disc BD release and a two-disc BD/DVD/DC release as well.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. The Other Guys is $12.99 for the 1-disc version bluray.
There's no mention of the combo in the ad for this movie.

[quote name='token2k6']man the market is getting so crowded these days, pretty soon we'll see DVD, Single BD, BD combo pack, 3D combo pack for some films. How is a consumer to decide??

Does anyone think its pointless to buy or 'collect' single disc BR's if a combo pack is out there? after all, some combo packs are limited to when they're gone, they're replaced with single discs (ie Observe & Report w/ no digital copy anymore) Plus if it's only a few dollars more..[/QUOTE]

I'll always go with the combo packs, especially if it is some sort of limited exclusive type of thing.
You can always buy the regular version later, but for some releases once they're gone, they're gone.
Sometimes the single disc version may not have as many extras(or none at all)
Also, I have to have the slipcover if a movie comes with one and most(all?) single disc versions come sans slip.

Why not try and price match at Target for BestBuys price? I think I'm gonna do that, then hit up Target which is in the next plaza over, but its parking lots are connected by a small road...so I don't have to get back on the highway again :).

In for Expendables, A-Team, and probably True Blood, since everyone's hounding me to watch it.
OHHHH, and can't forget Jersey Shore...MOST important one there!:wall::headache::puke:

Last edited by a moderator:
Expendables and the Other Guys for 12.99 a piece? Awesome! I'm in! The Other Guys is one of the most hysterical movies I've seen, definitely one of the most hysterical ones for 2010 anyway. I highly recommend it.

[quote name='shrike4242']
I'll hit Target for their combo pack of A-Team at $15 versus picking it up at Best Buy or Amazon for $12.99. A few dollars extras for the DVD is fine with me, though when it's $10 or more, no thanks, as the DVD will eventually get to that price over time.[/QUOTE]

OMG, are you suggesting that you would double-dip downgrade to DVD just b/c it could be $3 in a bargain bin some day? ;) I guess that makes sense on a CAG level, but no way I'd want to use the shelf space.

and thanks for the heads up on the A-Team. wouldn't have put the 2 together and went to BB, but if Target has the combo-pack that's where I'll go..

[quote name='token2k6']OMG, are you suggesting that you would double-dip downgrade to DVD just b/c it could be $3 in a bargain bin some day? ;) I guess that makes sense on a CAG level, but no way I'd want to use the shelf space.

and thanks for the heads up on the A-Team. wouldn't have put the 2 together and went to BB, but if Target has the combo-pack that's where I'll go..[/QUOTE]DVDs still have their uses, even though there's some people that would disagree with that point.

If the combo pack is $25 and the non-combo pack is $13, that's a hard pill to swallow on the difference for the DVD.

Oh, and Family Guy V8 will be $15 at Target, so they're going to get my money instead of Best Buy.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Expendables and the Other Guys for 12.99 a piece? Awesome! I'm in! The Other Guys is one of the most hysterical movies I've seen, definitely one of the most hysterical ones for 2010 anyway. I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

There's an Amazon $3 off coupon that I posted here a while back, IIRC it expires 12/31 so if Amazon PMs Best Buy, it can be had for $9.99.

Hmmm.........I wonder about this RE Glock packaging at Best Buy.... I don't have the other 3 on BR yet...and considering the "series" isn't over I dunno if I want to buy this Glock version considering 5 is coming out 3 years from now.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hmmm.........I wonder about this RE Glock packaging at Best Buy.... I don't have the other 3 on BR yet...and considering the "series" isn't over I dunno if I want to buy this Glock version considering 5 is coming out 3 years from now.[/QUOTE]

Well Sony a few weeks back said afterlife was the last one in that series and they are rebooting it with the next one

[quote name='joker______']Well Sony a few weeks back said afterlife was the last one in that series and they are rebooting it with the next one[/QUOTE]

Well that's what they said about afterlife...how it was suppose to be a reboot into a new trilogy or something like that. If they had killed off Alice in 3...then yes fine....but Afterlife's ending pretty much guaranteed a continuation of Anderson's vision of RE. :(

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There's an Amazon $3 off coupon that I posted here a while back, IIRC it expires 12/31 so if Amazon PMs Best Buy, it can be had for $9.99.[/QUOTE]
Oooh yeah, I remember that. The coupons from Carl's Jr or something? That's awesome. Definitely, definitely worth the 10.00. Fingers crossed for a PM!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There's an Amazon $3 off coupon that I posted here a while back, IIRC it expires 12/31 so if Amazon PMs Best Buy, it can be had for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oooh yeah, I remember that. The coupons from Carl's Jr or something? That's awesome. Definitely, definitely worth the 10.00. Fingers crossed for a PM![/QUOTE]

Would either of you be able to point me in the direction of this coupon? Thanks.

oooh, Iron Man2 for 20 and I have a $15 RZ cert that expires that week. A match made in heaven...if I don't get it for Xmas

Nice! I didn't get to see A-Team in theaters, and I don't have anywhere to rent movies anymore besides Redbox and Netflix, and I'd rather just buy it for 13 as opposed to renting it for $6.50 on XBL/DirecTV

The Other Guys 12.99 - 5.00 manufacturer coupon = 7.99

5off.jpg

I bought the a team, the other guys and the expendables on 12/14 from best buy. Will they give me the difference back

[quote name='dgaryjr']I bought the a team, the other guys and the expendables on 12/14 from best buy. Will they give me the difference back[/QUOTE]

yup, as long as you're in the exchange/return period, see below:

What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?

If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com, we'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price during the exchange and return period on your product. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect.

[quote name='shrike4242']I try to get the combo version whenever I can when it's not a huge difference in price. Sometimes they're not worth trying to track down when they're retailer exclusives, because they can be easy denials for PM due to not being the same item.

These are the ones I know of at the moment, though I know there's more:

Splice @ Walmart - BD/DVD/DC combo, BD/DC elsewhere
Predators @ Walmart - BD/DVD/DC combo, BD/DC elsewhere
A-Team @ Target - BD/DVD/DC combo, BD/DC elsewhere
[/QUOTE]

Is there a list anywhere? This is helpful to know. I believe Sherlock Holmes at Target is BD/DVD/DC exclusive.

Every week that Best Buy has had the town in their ad for 19.99 it as been the single disc only one. Is this going to be the 3 disc set or single disc tomorrow?

[quote name='sendme']Every week that Best Buy has had the town in their ad for 19.99 it as been the single disc only one. Is this going to be the 3 disc set or single disc tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

$19.99 for the combo pack on-line. Just have them do the on-line price match.

For anyone interested, I just got back from Best Buy after doing my price adjustments and I picked up the "Resident Evil" 4 disc Glock exclusive. Looks like they released the title early! Expecting a major snowstorm today/tomorrow so I'm set. :bouncy:

232323232%7Ffp633%3B4%3Enu%3D3357%3E274%3E243%3E2448274334258ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp63396%3Enu%3D3357%3E274%3E23%3B%3E244827432%3C258ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp73398%3Enu%3D3357%3E274%3E239%3E244827432%3A258ot1lsi

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Anyone know when BB restocks. Went to pickup Other Guys and A-team and they were sold out.[/QUOTE]

I believe it varies by store. I believe most stores get trucks in twice a week. When I had used to work at Bestbuy during Highschool and college it was always Tuesdays and Fridays. This was store #245 or the Apple Valley, MN store. You should have asked someone from media, I know they usually have some in the back stockroom.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Anyone know when BB restocks. Went to pickup Other Guys and A-team and they were sold out.[/QUOTE]

You can also ask for a rain check at customer service since they are items in their ad they are out of.

bread's done
Back