Best Buy AD: 2 for $30 offer including Paramount Re-Releases [Use above Sticky]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Credit Goes to foxxdie from SD! :applause:

[quote name='foxxdie']Next weeks Best Buy's ad (5-18 thru 5-24) has another Buy 2 for $30 Blu Ray movies.
Titles include:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Big Fish
The Italian Job
A Knights Tale
The Patriot
Flags of our Fathers[/QUOTE]

I'm sure other retailers will follow. Can't wait for another 2 for $30 including Paramount Re-Releases. ;)

thanks I am going to upgrade from my Harry Potter DVDs to Blu-Ray with this sale. Hopefully there will be more titles.

Thanks. I dont know what my 2nd one would be but I know I'll be picking up "flags" because I have letters and curious to see the "other" story.

a knight's tale is one of my most beloved of guilty pleasures. i might grab that with flags of our fathers. i've been wanting to see that. if they come out with more info and letters from iwo jima is in the mix, then i might skip a knight's tale for now. thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='Psykodelik']Thanks. I dont know what my 2nd one would be but I know I'll be picking up "flags" because I have letters and curious to see the "other" story.[/QUOTE]

It's the exact oposite. Flags is nothing but talking. And the piano music just makes you want to go to sleep. It looks awesome though and the DD audio doesn't sound bad.

I want Face/Off.

[quote name='shadowrage']It's the exact oposite. Flags is nothing but talking. And the piano music just makes you want to go to sleep. It looks awesome though and the DD audio doesn't sound bad.

I want Face/Off.[/quote]

Right. Letters is 5x better than Flags.

[quote name='shadowrage']It's the exact oposite. Flags is nothing but talking. And the piano music just makes you want to go to sleep. It looks awesome though and the DD audio doesn't sound bad.

I want Face/Off.[/QUOTE]

isn't there a huge scene where they storm the beach that is ~20 minutes of non stop action?

I have a $5 reward zone certificate but damn, I don't think there is another movie besides Flags of Our Fathers I would want to spent $12.50 on.

[quote name='rsigley']isn't there a huge scene where they storm the beach that is ~20 minutes of non stop action?[/QUOTE]

It's more like 12. And he cuts in between the fighting.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']Right. Letters is 5x better than Flags.[/quote]

Letters is 100x better!

Rent Flags first and save yourself some money. If you happen to like it then buy it on BD.

Might get HP Sorcerers Stone and Flags of our Fathers, possibly two more HP, because I have the first two HPs on VHS not DVD.

was hoping to expand the BD collection, but don't see anything at BB worth getting
i'll just get haze before my reward dollars expire on the 22

I want Face/Off.[/quote]

Hmm really? That sucks. I really like Letters too. Oh well. I might hold off then since I pretty much have everything on the mentioned list. At least the ones I want. I wouldn't mind getting Face/Off on Blu though. That would be nice.

How do the Harry Potter Blu Rays compare to HD..

I bought the HD set, but was later dissapointed that I didn't buy the individual cases, and then later when Blu Ray won, was dissapointed, to have to seperate the final two movies.

I'm thinking getting the HP's this way is the cheaper way than the box set.. and I get cases.. any coupons to stack with these? Those 10% ones work??

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pretty weak selection...though I'm tempted to sell my HP HD DVD boxset and re-buy the movies on :br:[/quote]

I got Harry Potters 1-4 for $40 through one of the Amazon BOGO's. We might not see another BOGO for a while where movies are priced at $20 but if you don't need these movies right away I'd wait it out.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I'm thinking getting the HP's this way is the cheaper way than the box set..[/quote]

Plus there is no reason to get the box set with three more movies still to come. You have to ask yourself would you rather have a box set with the 5 out now and have to sell it later or get the complete box set with all 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back