Best Buy Ad - 3/11/2012 - 3/17/2012

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
New Releases coming out Tuesday, March 13, 2012:

http://www.examiner.com/dvd-in-new-york/march-11-17-2012-3-11-3-17-best-buy-ad-scan-prices-for-dvd-and-blu-ray-deals-picture#slide=44307456

The Adventures of Tintin:
  • DVD - $16.99 ($13.99 after coupon)
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99 ($19.99 after coupon)
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) - $27.99
Use $3 off The Adventures of Tintin DVD or 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack coupon (sticker on specially marked packages) to save more!

Reward Zone members receive triple bonus points with purchase of The Adventures of Tintin Blu-ray Combo Pack or 3D movie. Limit one points offer per member.
The Descendants:
  • DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99
Happy Feet Two:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray (Movie-Only Edition with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
My Week with Marilyn:
  • DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
Young Adult:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $16.99
  • Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) -$22.99
The Three Musketeers:
  • DVD - $15.99
  • Blu-ray - $17.99
  • Blu-ray 3D (includes Blu-ray) - $19.99
The Killing: The Complete First Season:
  • DVD - $24.99
  • Blu-ray - $34.99
Save $10 when you buy Season One of both The Killing and Breakout Kings.
Breakout Kings:
  • DVD - $27.99
Available Now:

Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season:
  • Blu-ray - $49.99
$9.99 Blu-ray:
  • Kick-Ass (includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Groundhog Day 15th Anniversary Special Edition
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • The Matrix Reloaded / The Matrix Revolutions 2-Pack
  • Gattaca
Free $8 John Carter Movie Cash:

Get free John Carter Movie Cash ($8 value; expires 4/7/12) when you purchase any of these Blu-ray Combo Pack titles (includes DVD) on sale for $14.99:
  • National Treasure
  • National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
  • Remember the Titans
Thanks to Annie Chu
Examiner.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email from Disney saying that if I register the code from the National Treasure blu-rays (among other movies) they'll give me a free ticket to John Carter. Wondering if this means you can get 2 tickets from a single purchase - it's not unheard of, I did it with The Muppets last year.

Looks like it's Amazon for the American Pie trilogy, since neither Target nor Best Buy want to have any offers :roll:

[quote name='argyle']I got an email from Disney saying that if I register the code from the National Treasure blu-rays (among other movies) they'll give me a free ticket to John Carter. Wondering if this means you can get 2 tickets from a single purchase - it's not unheard of, I did it with The Muppets last year.[/QUOTE]

I saw that as well, I may pick up a copy of Remember the Titans on Blu-Ray if that's the case as I'd like to see John Carter.

[quote name='CombatCraig']So is the Tin Tin coupon going to be on every copy or only select copies? Only BB copies?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's every copy. The copies my TRU got in have them attached also.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I saw that as well, I may pick up a copy of Remember the Titans on Blu-Ray if that's the case as I'd like to see John Carter.[/QUOTE]

I got 2 movie tix and Bugs Life Blu-ray ($4.25 shipping) by entering 2 qualifying titles with the same account. Just be sure to print the first JC tix before entering the second code and it will be available to redeem a second time.

[quote name='chatgirl4']Looks like it's Amazon for the American Pie trilogy, since neither Target nor Best Buy want to have any offers :roll:[/QUOTE]

What's up with there being no American Pie Blu-Ray 3 pack?

I guess I'll wait until someone has a deal on all three, like a 3 for $30 offer or something.

[quote name='argyle']I got an email from Disney saying that if I register the code from the National Treasure blu-rays (among other movies) they'll give me a free ticket to John Carter. Wondering if this means you can get 2 tickets from a single purchase - it's not unheard of, I did it with The Muppets last year.[/QUOTE]

More than likely this is just Best Buy advertising the DMR deal, so it'll just be one ticket. Still, as long as you actually want the National Treasure (or whichever) blu-ray, it's not a bad deal if you were going to see John Carter regardless, so it's worth a try.

[quote name='arcane93']More than likely this is just Best Buy advertising the DMR deal, so it'll just be one ticket. Still, as long as you actually want the National Treasure (or whichever) blu-ray, it's not a bad deal if you were going to see John Carter regardless, so it's worth a try.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the National Treasure 2 blu-ray combo pack and can confirm that Best Buy is just advertising the DMR offer, so it's only one ticket.

On the positive side, despite the fact that both the Best Buy ad and the sticker on the front of the package say that it's an $8 ticket, it is actually a $12 ticket as stated on the DMR page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kind of hoping that the John Carter ticket would be in the box instead of buying it and having to print it out... I wanted to not have to go home in between. I'm trying to think if there's a place with a printer I could use anywhere around my BBY/movie theater.

[quote name='fmwross2']I was kind of hoping that the John Carter ticket would be in the box instead of buying it and having to print it out... I wanted to not have to go home in between. I'm trying to think if there's a place with a printer I could use anywhere around my BBY/movie theater.[/QUOTE]

Heh, ask Best Buy if they have a printer on any of the computers in the store that you could use? ;)

[quote name='lawdood']What's up with there being no American Pie Blu-Ray 3 pack?

I guess I'll wait until someone has a deal on all three, like a 3 for $30 offer or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of surprised anyone would want to own the third one. From what I remember, it was painfully bad.

[quote name='arcane93']I picked up the National Treasure 2 blu-ray combo pack and can confirm that Best Buy is just advertising the DMR offer, so it's only one ticket.

On the positive side, despite the fact that both the Best Buy ad and the sticker on the front of the package say that it's an $8 ticket, it is actually a $12 ticket as stated on the DMR page.[/QUOTE]

so is the ticket printed like a credit card? something like a movie money? also, when is the expiration date on the ticket. thanks.

[quote name='trunks982']so is the ticket printed like a credit card? something like a movie money? also, when is the expiration date on the ticket. thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yup, exactly like movie money -- even though you redeem it through the DMR website, it just prints out a standard Hollywood Movie Money certificate. Expiration date on the certificate is April 15, 2012.

[quote name='arcane93']Yup, exactly like movie money -- even though you redeem it through the DMR website, it just prints out a standard Hollywood Movie Money certificate. Expiration date on the certificate is April 15, 2012.[/QUOTE]

thanks. my plan is to buy National Treasure 1 and 2 and get both John Carter tickets AND get Dinosaur for Free since Bugs Life is gone. Do you think that will work by getting both promotions from 2 blurays?

[quote name='trunks982']thanks. my plan is to buy National Treasure 1 and 2 and get both John Carter tickets AND get Dinosaur for Free since Bugs Life is gone. Do you think that will work by getting both promotions from 2 blurays?[/QUOTE]

From the reports that I've seen, it should. Though no guarantees they don't crack down on that at some point, of course.

I went and picked up Remember the Titans, Memento, and Sin City. I was surprised because Remember the Titans rang up as $10 making it $2 as far as I'm concerned because I was going to spend $8 to see John Carter anyways.

I was able to get $3 off Tintin 3D at BB, the guy in front of me bought the non 3D version and the cashier just discounted for me. =)

[quote name='fmwross2']I went and picked up Remember the Titans, Memento, and Sin City. I was surprised because Remember the Titans rang up as $10 making it $2 as far as I'm concerned because I was going to spend $8 to see John Carter anyways.[/QUOTE]

Have you redeemed your code yet? I'm curious whether you'll actually get a $12 movie cash certificate, as that's what the DMR page says that you should get. As I said earlier, Best Buy's ad and the sticker on the case said that I should have gotten an $8 certificate for National Treasure 2, but I got a $12 one when I redeemed it.

I have no desire whatsoever to own Remember the Titans, but I need a second John Carter ticket, so if I can get a $12 movie cash certificate by buying a $10 blu-ray, I'm in. ;)

[quote name='arcane93']Have you redeemed your code yet? I'm curious whether you'll actually get a $12 movie cash certificate, as that's what the DMR page says that you should get. As I said earlier, Best Buy's ad and the sticker on the case said that I should have gotten an $8 certificate for National Treasure 2, but I got a $12 one when I redeemed it.

I have no desire whatsoever to own Remember the Titans, but I need a second John Carter ticket, so if I can get a $12 movie cash certificate by buying a $10 blu-ray, I'm in. ;)[/QUOTE]

$12 and 150 DMR points. Who knows if it's YMMV, but the system rang it up that way.

[quote name='fmwross2']$12 and 150 DMR points. Who knows if it's YMMV, but the system rang it up that way.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Shouldn't be YMMV -- Disney states on their offer online that it's a $12 certificate. I think Best Buy and whoever put the stickers on the discs got their signals crossed, as it's actually the DVD versions of some of the titles that are supposed to give an $8 certificate. I'll have to go grab a copy this evening after work.

The Triple Points for Tintin coupon claims a pre-order is required. Too late to pre-order, obviously; is the coupon still valid if I just walk in and buy it outright? Thanks!

[quote name='Kitoro']The Triple Points for Tintin coupon claims a pre-order is required. Too late to pre-order, obviously; is the coupon still valid if I just walk in and buy it outright? Thanks![/QUOTE]

It's listed in the weekly ad, the disclaimer doesn't reference anything about a pre-order.

mar11_21_tintin_rewardz_1x1.png

Picked up Remember the Titans for $10. Don't know whether to even bother watching it or keeping it, since I really don't have any interest in football. Anyone have any recommendation about whether it's worth my time or not given that?

But I can confirm that it does yield a $12 movie cash certificate for John Carter, which is really what I wanted. (so I'm considering it $2 off my movie admission that I was going to pay anyway and a free blu-ray that I can at least trade in somewhere... score.)

Also, it and the National Treasure 2 blu-ray that I bought earlier did work for the DMR free blu-ray offer as well -- grabbed Bridge to Teribithia since A Bug's Life is gone and I'm not interested in the other two. Three blu-rays and two movie tickets for about $30 (after tax, and shipping on the DMR offer) total. Not too bad a deal overall.

Remember the Titans is one of my favorite movies. More than a football movie, it's about race relations in Virginia during Civil Rights. Denzel Washington is excellent in his pre-"I'm going to play some kind of government agent in about every single movie" days, Will Patton, there's a young Ryan Gosling, the girl from Heroes as a kid, Opie from Sons of Anarchy, Turk from Scrubs, and Randy from My Name is Earl.

It's hilarious in parts, fairly depressing in others, and has about as good acting as you can expect from a summer blockbuster.

bread's done
Back