Best Buy Ad 3/16-3/22

Twitter

Banned
Please excuse the bad formatting im on my phone in my car the manager called police and theyre after me

Tomb Raider definitive edition ps4 and xbox one are 44.99

Mario Kart 7 is 34.99

Animal Crossing New Leaf is 29.99

Slim Fit case for 3DS XL is $19.99

Putty Squad on vita is 24.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that Best Buy actually got in their FF X/X-2 shipments, they're confirming (in another thread since they locked that one) that preorders "should" get the upgrade...but are also saying that they received limited quantities of the special edition.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster-for-PS-Vita/td-p/795342

What a mess, though. Nobody knew what was going on, there were all sorts of contradictions, etc. People were trying to get a straight answer from them for like half a year, and it seems like even they didn't know for sure until the boxes showed up at their stores. I wanted my 20% off, but in the end, I cancelled my preorder there and went to gamestop. Probably the safer bet, anyway, considering that when I picked up my South Park preorder, my Best Buy put all the preorder copies out on the floor. I was lucky to get my copy with the preorder bonus card before someone else snagged it.

So, yes, if you preordered from Best Buy, it sounds like quantities are limited, and, depending on how many people preordered at your store, you might want to get there as early as you can to make sure you get the special edition. Good luck to everyone!
if you did not preordered at bestbuy store, through their bestbuy.com store pickup option. they will not physically hold, or set aside your game for you. even though they are suppose to. so the best bet to make sure they don't sell you copies to someone else, is to go there early on release date.

if you did not preordered at bestbuy store, through their bestbuy.com store pickup option. they will not physically hold, or set aside your game for you. even though they are suppose to. so the best bet to make sure they don't sell you copies to someone else, is to go there early on release date.
I preordered at the store. They didn't hold any copies. They put all the preorders out on the floor. Nothing was in the bin at customer service. Not the first time they've done that to me, either.

none of the Best Buy's near me have Animal Crossing:New Leaf in store....starting to regret signing up for the GCU deal because i could've had it shipped from Amazon cheaper with my credit and i'm afraid Best Buy will be out of business within the next two years

none of the Best Buy's near me have Animal Crossing:New Leaf in store....starting to regret signing up for the GCU deal because i could've had it shipped from Amazon cheaper with my credit and i'm afraid Best Buy will be out of business within the next two years
Ridiculous. GCU has paid for itself 10 times over for me already. I have to believe most people that signed up for it are in the same boat - especially if they only paid $30 - $60 for 2 years.

Lol why do people keep saying best buy will be gone in two years? It has been a long time since I heard of them closing tons of stores or anything in news articles. Plus they don't have much competition anymore either.

have you stepped foot in a Best Buy lately? There's 3 within 10 mins of me with the Olathe,KS store being the best of the 3....stopped in the other day and the video game section was dwindled to 2 aisles in the back corner of the store....asked one of the employees about the 15% off accessories with game purchased and his response was "i have no idea where you saw that"-when i showed him it was on the BB site on my phone he stumbled over to one of the terminals and fumbled around for 5 minutes not able to find it and said "just show'em up front" and walked off but i decided just to leave empty handed

have you stepped foot in a Best Buy lately? There's 3 within 10 mins of me with the Olathe,KS store being the best of the 3....stopped in the other day and the video game section was dwindled to 2 aisles in the back corner of the store....asked one of the employees about the 15% off accessories with game purchased and his response was "i have no idea where you saw that"-when i showed him it was on the BB site on my phone he stumbled over to one of the terminals and fumbled around for 5 minutes not able to find it and said "just show'em up front" and walked off but i decided just to leave empty handed
Yes I step into best buy at least once a week even if not buying anything. I actually have 2 best buys near me and both have nice sized video game sections in them. Even if the video game section is small in yours I doubt that means best buy is going down. They do sell other things beside video games.

Lol why do people keep saying best buy will be gone in two years? It has been a long time since I heard of them closing tons of stores or anything in news articles. Plus they don't have much competition anymore either.
They've been saying it for 6.

My video game section is small and 'holey'. Not two aisle small but still small. I think a good chunk of it is related to them keeping any games up to 6 months old up in the front in metal locked cases. This practice is at all locations in my metro that I shop at. If you want a game, I don't even bother going in the back to the gaming section as all you see is a few games and cards in boxes representing the ones people are most likely looking for.

Regretting... you are crazy. Personally I have save huge chunks on games since. Definitely made up the $30 I spent for it. The fact it stacks on daily deals and sales kills any competition. Amazon is a joke nowadays. Note they don't match GCU and are pretty selective on what they do match. And they don't do originally sales as much any more.

Some examples of its greatest in combo with offers at Best Buy...

- The Wonderful 101 price drop - $29.99 - I gained another $6 back on that purchase. Thanks GCU!

- Battlefield 4 LE Xbox One - purchased on release date - return/rebuy (i.e. new PM) - the match was Best Buy itself to get GCU discount - sale $49.99 - I gained another $10 back on that purchase. Thanks GCU!

- 3 19.99 "Platinum Hits" - B1G2 glitch - I gained another $4 back on that purchase. Thanks GCU!

- Titanfall - purchased on release date - $59.99 + $10 RZ preorder bonus - I gained another $12 back on that purchase. Thanks GCU!

Savings with those 4 transactions include...

$210 total before savings i.e. Amazon match at time when these were originally purchased

$160 + $10 RZ total with Best Buy sales and ability to price match.

$128 + $10 RZ total after sales/ability to price match and of course GCU!!!!!

* This is not all the games I purchased since obtaining GCU.

* Note this program will continue for a lot longer. The madness has only begun!

Negative nancy... to help you out...

Pro tip 1 - you can still get GCU through ordering online - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/animal-crossing-new-leaf-nintendo-3ds/8628065.p?id=1218879425973&skuId=8628065&st=animal crossing new leaf&lp=2&cp=1

Pro tip 2 - you can still go in-store and they will order it for you with the GCU discount.

Why try to convince people it's a good deal? It's all subjective and just a waste of time to try and "prove" it.

Btw don't include the $10 back as savings with GCU since you don't need to be unlocked to get that.

i'll only regret signing up for GCU should BB go under....i understand the deals that can be had which is why i pulled the trigger and signed up for the $60 promo, i'm just sad regarding how downhill the stores here have gone since i've moved back to this area....it seems it's a local issue and not something nationwide

Is Tomb Raider (PS4) worth buying? I have the free PSN Plus version downloaded to my PS3, but wanted to hold out and play it on the PS4... I just don't think it's that big of a difference from what I've been hearing. Some sharper textures, a bit less fog, longer draw distance. Any enhancements to the actual game play or any major improvements other than graphics?
No. There is no reason to spend 44 dollars on a last gen game thats been out for awhile now. If you pay more than 20 you're a sucker.

Better off buying ps3 or 360 version to forego a minor graphics enchantment for cheap instead and playing the same game while saving money.

Then again I didnt like tomb raider to begin with as it was just a all around shit game over flowing with filler item hunting and mini games to pad it out.

Did you really just quote a post from 6 days ago just to add your opinion on how much you gate a game? Said game being well received by the majority of gamers.

No. There is no reason to spend 44 dollars on a last gen game thats been out for awhile now. If you pay more than 20 you're a sucker.
Better off buying ps3 or 360 version to forego a minor graphics enchantment for cheap instead and playing the same game while saving money.
Then again I didnt like tomb raider to begin with as it was just a all around shit game over flowing with filler item hunting and mini games to pad it out.
what a sad life you live lol.

Why try to convince people it's a good deal? It's all subjective and just a waste of time to try and "prove" it.

Btw don't include the $10 back as savings with GCU since you don't need to be unlocked to get that.
Subjective... ok so we are no longer trying to help out others get in on good deals.

Whether you want to participate or not, it is still the best deal out there. This upcoming holiday season will be fire!

And yes, the $10 was a typo on the third row. Though to point out... it used to be part of the membership to the paid gamer program and still isn't price matched by Amazon.

Subjective... ok so we are no longer trying to help out others get in on good deals.

Whether you want to participate or not, it is still the best deal out there. This upcoming holiday season will be fire!

And yes, the $10 was a typo on the third row. Though to point out... it used to be part of the membership to the paid gamer program and still isn't price matched by Amazon.
I have GCU. Don't have to convince me of anything. I just get tired of someone saying "GCU isn't work it for me" then there are 20 posts of people writing novals to try and tell people its a good deal.

The new $10 deal was never apart of the promo. The $20 one was.

I have GCU. Don't have to convince me of anything. I just get tired of someone saying "GCU isn't work it for me" then there are 20 posts of people writing novals to try and tell people its a good deal.

The new $10 deal was never apart of the promo. The $20 one was.
You mean novels right? Somebody has been reading someone else post too much.

i'll only regret signing up for GCU should BB go under....i understand the deals that can be had which is why i pulled the trigger and signed up for the $60 promo, i'm just sad regarding how downhill the stores here have gone since i've moved back to this area....it seems it's a local issue and not something nationwide
Your BBY most likely is one of the "Showroom" best buys. Mine is like that because they are a "showroom" for appliances and such. Luckily I have another on the way to work that maintained its "normal" status and has a decent selection of everything.

Picked up mgs V for $25 via GCU. I went to Gamestop to finish off some gift cards. A dude was in there asking for mgs V but the clerk said "sorry we only have enough for preorders. Would you like to order one here?"

I naturally told the guy that the best buy down the road had tens of them in stock. The clerk rolled her eyes and snorted as if to say "thanks a lot for ruining a later sale." lol...tell that to your manager lady.

god forbid we expect a store dedicated to gaming called GAMEstop to stock a new game from a popular franchise.

Gamestop is completely disconnected from the gaming community, and I feel there's an example of it every time I go there. You can be capitalistic AND appeal to your market, ya know.

[quote name="UcanSUKtheFAC" post="11621464" timestamp="1395178520"]Picked up mgs V for $25 via GCU. I went to Gamestop to finish off some gift cards. A dude was in there asking for mgs V but the clerk said "sorry we only have enough for preorders."

I naturally told the guy that the best buy down the road had tens of them in stock. The clerk rolled his eyes and snorted as if to say "thanks a lot." lol...tell that to your manager lady.[/quote]

GameStop always does that. If you didn't preorder it, they don't sell it to you. They do that only to get back at you by telling you, "you should've preordered."

[quote name="UcanSUKtheFAC" post="11621464" timestamp="1395178520"]Picked up mgs V for $25 via GCU. I went to Gamestop to finish off some gift cards. A dude was in there asking for mgs V but the clerk said "sorry we only have enough for preorders. Would you like to order one here?"

I naturally told the guy that the best buy down the road had tens of them in stock. The clerk rolled her eyes and snorted as if to say "thanks a lot for ruining a later sale." lol...tell that to your manager lady.[/quote]

Do you know if the metal gear ground zero includes MSG 5 dlc inside the disc? Or did it have to be a preorder?

GameStop always does that. If you didn't preorder it, they don't sell it to you. They do that only to get back at you by telling you, "you should've preordered."
I understand that, but the point here is that the clerk shouldn't have been so outwardly rude to me, acting as some victim. Best Buy has the game, and they don't. The kid
wants it today. Tough beans Gamestop.

idk why they obsess to do it that way; it's not like new games make them lots of money. I'm sure it's to get them in the store, but it seems to have backfired today!

Do you know if the metal gear ground zero includes MSG 5 dlc inside the disc? Or did it have to be a preorder?
I didn't see anything dlc-related. All I saw was a code to use on konami's website. It seems like some trivial incentives to get people to register the game and make a Konami account.

I didn't see anything dlc-related. All I saw was a code to use on konami's website. It seems like some trivial incentives to get people to register the game and make a Konami account.
It said something to revisit the site when Phantom Pain comes out to get an exclusive content.

Your BBY most likely is one of the "Showroom" best buys. Mine is like that because they are a "showroom" for appliances and such. Luckily I have another on the way to work that maintained its "normal" status and has a decent selection of everything.
that makes sense because of the layout of the store-thanks for the info.....the other two nearby are a bit further out but i'll have to stop in and see if either of them have stayed "normal"

bread's done
Back