Best Buy ad 3/30-4/5

chatgirl4

Banned
New Releases available Tuesday 4/1

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu+DVD+UV) $16.99 release day only price ($19.99 after 4/1) DVD $17.99 

My Best Buy members get 100 points with purchase of Anchorman 2

Anchorman (Blu-Ray) $9.99 DVD $4.99

The Pirate Fairy w/ bonus wall decal set (Blu+DVD+DC) $22.99 DVD $17.99

47 Ronin (Blu+DVD+UV) $22.99
47 Ronin 3D (3D Blu+Blu+DVD+UV) $27.99

47 Ronin DVD $17.99

The Little Rascals Save the Day (Blu+DVD+UV) $19.99 DVD $14.99

Seal Team 8: Behind Enemy Lines (Blu+UV) $14.99

At Middleton $12.99

Psych Season 8 DVD $29.99

Frozen (Blu+DVD+DC) $22.99

Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu+DVD+DC) $19.99 DVD $14.99

The Avengers (Blu+DVD) $19.99 DVD $14.99

Iron Man 3 (Blu+DVD) $19.99 DVD+DC $14.99

American Hustle (Blu+DVD+UV) $19.99

The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu+DVD+DC) $17.99

Walk with Dinosaurs the movie (Blu+DVD+UV) $17.99 DVD $14.99

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys
I am buying the WM SB hoping that it comes with UV for both movies

Does anybody know if Best Buy's Anchorman 2 is the "Super Sized R Rated Version" like Amazon has pricematched for $16.99? Best Buy shows a different cover and lists it as being a 2 disc version. The R Rated version on Amazon is 3 discs. I've got some Best Buy credit, but I'll be damned if I want to see that movie with a PG-13 rating again.

For comparison purposes:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/anchorman-2-the-legend-continues-2-disc-blu-ray-disc/3921123.p?id=3170399&skuId=3921123&st=anchorman%202&lp=1&cp=1

http://www.amazon.com/Anchorman-Legend-Continues-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B0083XXWRE

Oddly, Amazon doesn't have a listing for a 2 disc version, and Best Buy doesn't have a listing for a 3 disc version.

Does anybody know if Best Buy's Anchorman 2 is the "Super Sized R Rated Version" like Amazon has pricematched for $16.99? Best Buy shows a different cover and lists it as being a 2 disc version. The R Rated version on Amazon is 3 discs. I've got some Best Buy credit, but I'll be damned if I want to see that movie with a PG-13 rating again.

For comparison purposes:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/anchorman-2-the-legend-continues-2-disc-blu-ray-disc/3921123.p?id=3170399&skuId=3921123&st=anchorman%202&lp=1&cp=1

http://www.amazon.com/Anchorman-Legend-Continues-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B0083XXWRE

Oddly, Amazon doesn't have a listing for a 2 disc version, and Best Buy doesn't have a listing for a 3 disc version.
Looks like it's the same cover to me, Best Buy just doesn't seem to have the R-Rated sticker displayed. I'm assuming it's one copy being sold at all places, I don't see why they wouldn't. I looked at the steelbook at Walmart, and it says the 2 discs that come with it come with three different versions of the film.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Anchorman-2-The-Legend-Continues-2-Pack-Blu-ray-Walmart-Exclusive-Widescreen/34515454

Looks like it's the same cover to me, Best Buy just doesn't seem to have the R-Rated sticker displayed. I'm assuming it's one copy being sold at all places, I don't see why they wouldn't. I looked at the steelbook at Walmart, and it says the 2 discs that come with it come with three different versions of the film.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Anchorman-2-The-Legend-Continues-2-Pack-Blu-ray-Walmart-Exclusive-Widescreen/34515454
Well, according to Best Buy chat support, I'd be better off just ordering it from Amazon, lol.

Connected to Dillon S

Dillon: Thank you for contacting Best Buy. My name is Dillon. How may I help you today?

Me: Hi, I was wondering if the blu-ray listing you guys have for Anchorman 2 is the "super sized R rated" version. It doesn't mention anything about it in the item description, but that's the one everybody else (Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc) are selling.

Dillon: Can I get the SKU number for the item you're looking at so I can look that up for you?

Me: Sure, it's 3921123

Dillon: This looks to be the PG-13 Version. We currently don't look to have the R-Rated/Unrated version.

Me: Yes...I can see the rating as well. What I'm saying is there isn't supposed to be a PG-13 only version. It was my understanding that the release will include the theatrical version (PG-13), R-rated version, and an unrated version. I haven't seen a 2 disc PG-13 version listed at any other store.

Me: Best Buy is the only store that has a listing for that version. Everybody else is selling a 3 disc, "super sized" version. So, I was hoping your description was inaccurate.

Me: See, this is what Amazon is selling: http://www.amazon.com/Anchorman-Legend-Continues-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B0083XXWRE

Me: for the same price

Dillon: I'm not certain if that is the same as we have. All I'm able to see is what we have on the page. All it shows it comes with the PG-13 film. It does not list if it would have the "super sized" version in the description we got from the vendor.

Dillon: I wish there was a physical copy I could look at, however because it isn't out yet, I would not be able to confirm what comes on the disc other than what we have listed on the site. There is a chance it could be the same as the one you have linked, there is also a chance it could be different.

Me: Ok, I understand. That's kind of unfortunate that you only have access to the same info as I do. I was hoping you could look something up further or inquire to somebody who might know more about it. I guess I'll just order from Amazon then so I don't risk getting an inferior version. Thanks anyway.

Dillon: You're welcome. Did you have any other questions for me today?

Me: No, that's it.

It's really incredible how pointless chat agents are. 9 times out of 10, their job is basically to help inept people who can't fucking read or pay attention. They only have access to the same information as I do...the product description on the website. I'm all for creating jobs in this country (assuming he's not in India, lol), but Jesus Christ what a waste of resources. So, the listing could be wrong...but who knows. :wall:

Well, according to Best Buy chat support, I'd be better off just ordering it from Amazon, lol.
I hear you as I've been trying to figure this all out as well. I'll going to be near a Best Buy on Tuesday and a Walmart on Wednesday (yeah, in NH they're not always near each other) and would like to know if there are different versions so I know where to buy.

I'll probably just pick it up at Walmart as I still haven't decided if I'll get the steelbook either. I already own the Mahogany Edition of the first but it would be nice to have both films in one case. On the other hand, I really don't like the art of the steelbook so I'll probably just get the $17 blu-ray - as long as it contains all three cuts of Anchorman 2.

UGH! Last time I has this much trouble buying a movie was when I was trying to track down the 2-DVD set of Anchorman that contained "Wake Up Ron Burgundy," which is still my favorite cut of any Anchorman film.

It was a great Xmas present for me. Now if I can get the other movies on Blu-Ray, I'll be in business.
Through Groupon and some luck with coupons at Half Price Books I'm down to just looking for Thor and needing to pick up Thor 2. I may wind up trying to find a way to price match Myers next week even though there are none near me. I'm pretty much settling that I won't find the first Thor for less than $20 at this point.

I need to get Avengers, Thor 1, and Iron Man 1 on Blu and then I'll have the whole collection (already own all the others on Blu, and I own the DVD versions of the ones I listed...)

it took me awhile to get the whole collection and it feels nice to look at all of them next to eachother lol. im working on watching them in order leading up to captain america 2. good times :D

OT: I was down to only needing The Incredible Hulk until last week when I found it at FYE for $10. I got lucky with all the rest and fond them when Blockbuster was having it's final closing sale.

it took me awhile to get the whole collection and it feels nice to look at all of them next to eachother lol. im working on watching them in order leading up to captain america 2. good times :D
MCU-P1%20thumbnail.jpg

[Please pardon my lack of a good digital camera]

This is what I've done with all of my blu-rays - put them together in my own collecter's set! (full disclosure, this link goes to my personal website). I'm disappointed by some of the craftsmanship of the final piece, but I'm the only one going to be looking at it so I don't mind. Plus, I plan on re-building it when I have to make my own Phase 2 collection.

thats pretty good, far better than anything I could attempt haha.  I actually bought the Blu/DVD combo at launch for Avengers but gave the Blu Ray copy to my fiance's parents since I didnt have one at the time.  D'oh!

Finally a sale a iron man 3!
Literally my first thought after seeing it.

Thats still too much for IM3 lol.
Literally my second thought lol.

It's only the non-3D version, so time to hold out some more.
3/3.

Although after thinking about it some more, maybe I'll just take advantage of this sale for the 2D version since it may never happen again lol. Besides, I watched Avengers again in 3D just last week, not worth the trouble. Had to charge my 3D glasses, then I had to raise the brightness on the TV because the glasses made everything way too dark, I had to constantly move the glasses every time I would sit up or lay down, and for all that trouble the 3D didn't even "wow" me. I barely noticed it was there most of the time. Does anybody here actually LIKE 3D in movies? To me it's just another way to raise ticket prices.

For those of you looking to get marvel titles for cheap I can't stress this enough amazon UK Region Free versions !!! (Double check if titles are 50 hz, I doubt they will be, though PS4 so far has been able to play anything I have thrown at it thus far it is a solution)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_binding_browse-b_mrr_1?rh=n%3A283926%2Ck%3Amarvel%2Cp_n_binding_browse-bin%3A383380011&keywords=marvel&ie=UTF8&qid=1396201673&rnid=383379011

All 2d versions are about $15-16 after removing vat + shipping (save more on shipping as you buy more obviously)

All 3D versions are about $22 (same as above)

The only thing that comes into question is the Digital Copies Generally those require a UK IP or VPN to redeem so there is a minor loss if you are into that.

My question for those who are buying the US versions this week which advertise Digital Copies, and that were printed in 2013 (supposedly reissued by Disney see thread here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=226707)

Supposedly these digital copies activate on Vudu and iTunes now

When you get the digital copies if you don't plan on using them or only the iTunes version please of course send me some codes!

---

I watched Avengers again in 3D just last week, not worth the trouble. Had to charge my 3D glasses, then I had to raise the brightness on the TV because the glasses made everything way too dark, I had to constantly move the glasses every time I would sit up or lay down, and for all that trouble the 3D didn't even "wow" me. I barely noticed it was there most of the time. Does anybody here actually LIKE 3D in movies? To me it's just another way to raise ticket prices.
Literally my exact experience ha, but I still would like to get the 3D versions just for those few times where I want to watch it. Its rare but every now and then I feel like its worth it. For Avengers however I didn't see a real benefit, for other titles I do.

Although after thinking about it some more, maybe I'll just take advantage of this sale for the 2D version since it may never happen again lol. Besides, I watched Avengers again in 3D just last week, not worth the trouble. Had to charge my 3D glasses, then I had to raise the brightness on the TV because the glasses made everything way too dark, I had to constantly move the glasses every time I would sit up or lay down, and for all that trouble the 3D didn't even "wow" me. I barely noticed it was there most of the time. Does anybody here actually LIKE 3D in movies? To me it's just another way to raise ticket prices.
I don't just "not enjoy" 3D I find it tacky and actively dislike it. Totally ruins a film experience for me in most cases, and since it is almost always post production 3D it really is jut an opportunity to sell tickets at a much higher cost to those willing to pay it most of the time.

The fact though that I wear glasses so I have to wear 3D glasses over my regular glasses just makes it even worse for me.

As the immortal LittleKuriboh once put it:

We at Yugioh Abridged like to apologize for the lack of 3D content in this movie, however we like to think this is totally justified since 3D is bullsh*t and adds absolutely nothing to the cinema experience. So please, enjoy your 2D movie. Because it's cheaper and much less obnoxious.

So not worth making its' own thread but if for any reason any of you were planning to buy Little Rascals Save the Day on Blu this week you can get $5 back through Ibotta (valid on in store purchases only). 

bread's done
Back