CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
50% trade in bonus.

:360::ps3::pc: Dishonored - $29.99
:pc: Doom 3 BFG - $19.99
:wii:Wii U:360::ps3::3ds: Skylanders Gaints Starter pack $54.99

Free World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

when you buy the World of Warcraft: Battle Chest game set for PC.

Free Nintendoland When you buy Wii U basic.

Last edited by a moderator:
no wonder there was not a early leak for the this weeks upcoming ad. I guess gaming deals are starting to dry up now.

[quote name='YBX87']no wonder there was not a early leak for the this weeks upcoming ad. I guess gaming deals are starting to dry up now.[/QUOTE]

I had the paper ad earlier and there was no gaming deals at all in the ad. It was like that the will Injustice came out too but then they had some deals anyways.

I have no idea what they are doing.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']No trade in boost? Glad i traded in some games today and not tomorrow like my original plans.[/QUOTE]

50%. Added it to OP.

Best Buy doesn't seem to focus on gaming as much anymore. I even see the product listing dry up on anything remotely special. I'll miss you Pink 3DS XL...

[quote name='Deader2818']the gaming area in the stores near me got scaled back to make room for the "Samsung experience"[/QUOTE]

I saw one of those at a local store, I love how they put it across from the Apple section. Gave me a serious case of deja vu :lol:.

Seriously though, terrible ad. I expected at least one place to do something Vita related for SS.

I wonder if there is gonna be a side gaming deal besides this, as it seems to happen a lot when the ad is weak. Wonder if there may also be an awesome DOTD coming up.

*fingers crossed*

They got rid of the counter and register in the gaming area of the Best Buy I go to. It was there about a week ago and now its gone.

[quote name='Organ Donor']They got rid of the counter and register in the gaming area of the Best Buy I go to. It was there about a week ago and now its gone.[/QUOTE]

The BBY's in my area are all sorts of wonky. Near the end of last summer they all did away with the loss prevention employees and even went ahead and removed their stations in front of the stores. Then around the holiday season they all just magically sprung back up as though nothing happened with all new employees.

A blah week indeed. Still tempted to try out Dishonored but I can hold out for $20 if it ever reaches that point.

That Samsung Experience is coming to my Best Buy location as well, right across the Apple display. I was surprised how condensed they made the game departing now too. It also looks like they kept the checkout counter there for the time being.

Now the Samsung rep that I see every time I'm there will have a home :)

Yea same thing happened to the Best Buys around me, giant Samsung area and no trade in register. Only thing that bothered me was now they started making the cashier get the game for you instead of just having it on the shelves. I don't really see the point in that...

They got rid of the Gaming Kiosk in my local Best Buy and consolidated the gaming section. Instead, we now have a Samsung booth. Where do I get my @Gamer issues now?

[quote name='nccows']They got rid of the Gaming Kiosk in my local Best Buy and consolidated the gaming section. Instead, we now have a Samsung booth. Where do I get my @Gamer issues now?[/QUOTE]
Online because they got rid of physical issues except for those who already had a subscription.

Yeah they eliminate the dedicated game trade register and do not bother to train their CS on how to do trades. Last 2 trades I have done they forgot the GCU bonus. First time I was told th 50% bonus overrides the 10% and when I insisted she said she thought I was lying. Eventually they got a video game guy over to confirm what I was telling them. Second time I was told no disk only games which I said nope you guys sell them without artwork. She asks the head of geek squad who says no also (why the hell he would know) but eventually I convince her. It makes trading almost not worth it now especially since the TIVs have tanked for the most part.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah they eliminate the dedicated game trade register and do not bother to train their CS on how to do trades. Last 2 trades I have done they forgot the GCU bonus. First time I was told th 50% bonus overrides the 10% and when I insisted she said she thought I was lying. Eventually they got a video game guy over to confirm what I was telling them. Second time I was told no disk only games which I said nope you guys sell them without artwork. She asks the head of geek squad who says no also (why the hell he would know) but eventually I convince her. It makes trading almost not worth it now especially since the TIVs have tanked for the most part.[/QUOTE]
same here, now all video game trade ins are being done at customer service/ geek squad. The geek squad person, who is doing my trade in. There is going to be the standard procedure from now on going forward, which came down from corporate. How true is that, i am not sure.

[quote name='Vector']The BBY's in my area are all sorts of wonky. Near the end of last summer they all did away with the loss prevention employees and even went ahead and removed their stations in front of the stores. Then around the holiday season they all just magically sprung back up as though nothing happened with all new employees.[/QUOTE]

They got rid of the Loss Prevention employees that just stand there at the door, but they are still around at my store, they are just roaming around now, helping customers and keeping an eye out for thieves. This was probably a little bit after X-mas. Only because I shop there often and know most of the staff I asked about it after coming in for a return and was confused when there was nobody at the station to tag my goods as a return before I headed to Customer Service.

The main downside is when I do trade-in games there I have to go flag someone down where before I would just tell the employee at the entrance to call for someone for me, since there is never anyone there as it seems they don't promote trade-ins enough at my store.

I thought the new construction would be something worthwhile for me, but all that Samsung area did was take up more real estate in the PC area and shifted the software section to the outskirts of the store where they have the overflow of stock at my Best Buy.

With end of post pm for other retailers, once my trade In credit and gift cards are done I may stick with just anazon and hope they pm the occasional good best buy sale

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']With end of post pm for other retailers, once my trade In credit and gift cards are done I may stick with just anazon and hope they pm the occasional good best buy sale[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking of doing...my backlog is big enough of good games that I won't have a need to buy any of the upcoming games in the near future.

Hey if I have a 25 rc do I have to use it all to let it apply or could i just get doom 3 for the 21.39 and the rest on a gift or card or seomthing

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Hey if I have a 25 rc do I have to use it all to let it apply or could i just get doom 3 for the 21.39 and the rest on a gift or card or seomthing[/QUOTE]

You have to use it all, though you can buy an Amazon card with it but not Best Buy. Good news is all that credit is tax exempt.

Just yesterday, I visited a "distant" Best Buy (the two I normally shop at are already 45-60 mins away, this one was even further) ...and I have yet to see any major changes to any of them. Game area is exactly an aisle to two aisles for every platform, the trade-in counter is still there (ours have never had a register?), and the pedestal by the door still exists--even if LP isn't always stationed at it. I'm on the East Coast, not sure if everyone else has metro stores or why there's such a difference. :whistle2:k

I'm sorry if this has been asked before: is the 50% on top of the trade-in price quoted on the website? I know GS often displays the price with the promo, and wanted to know if BB does that as well. Otherwise I might trade in my GoW: A and it would cover almost all of Dishonored.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']I'm sorry if this has been asked before: is the 50% on top of the trade-in price quoted on the website? I know GS often displays the price with the promo, and wanted to know if BB does that as well. Otherwise I might trade in my GoW: A and it would cover almost all of Dishonored.[/QUOTE]

Nope, what you see is the base. Add 50% on that.

Looks like Best Buy is now selling the Wii U Basic plus Nintendoland for $280. Any idea if Target would price match something like this? Not a fan of Best Buys 15 day return policy.

bread's done
Back