CAGiversary!
New Release Available Friday:

• :switch:  Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze $59.99
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: Far Cry 5 $49.99 Save $10
  • :xb1: :ps4: Monster Hunter World $44.99 Save $15
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tekken 7 $19.99 Save $10
Everything Else:

• Save $20 on Xbox One X Enhanced Games when you buy an Xbox One X Console (https://www.bestbuy....at1496426811609)
  • Free Digital Copy of Madden NFL 18 with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on an Xbox One Wireless Controller when you buy an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on 3 or 6-Months of Xbox Live when you buy an Xbox One Console
  • Nintendo DC Car Power Adapter for Nintendo Switch $9.99 Save $5
  • KontrolFreek FPS Freek Inferno Thumbsticks $11.99 Save $3
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• 12 Strong $22.99 Save $2
  • Winchester $19.99 Save $3
  • Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell $14.99 Save $3
  • Mary and the Witch's Flower $19.99 Save $3
  • Peter Rabbit $19.99 Save $3
  • Peter Rabbit 4K $27.99 Save $2
  • Mamma Mia! 4K $19.99
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Series Only @ BB $39.99 Save $10

While not a game I’ve been eyeing the Sony HTCT800 soundbar. On sale for $299 since the newer models released. Does anyone have this soundbar? Or maybe someone could point me towards a better one in the same price range? I’ve also considering the step up HTNT5, which has been on sale recently for $350.

Anyone here have the Best Buy credit card? Is it worth it for the 5% back in rewards?
I have one. In my opinion it's worth it if you can pay the balance off every month. Otherwise the intetest outweighs the value of the points, which is true with most rewards cards.

Some people choose the best buy visa and do regular spending through there - groceries, utilities, restaurants, etc. - in order to track up extra points.

Also the intetest free financing is good for the occasional large purchase. Again this only works of your pay off within the allotted time limit - 6 or 12 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here have the Best Buy credit card? Is it worth it for the 5% back in rewards?
I've definitely been getting the most out of mine.

Cardholders get bonus coupons every so often. Mostly 10% off, but last August, they had a bonus point day where I got 8,999 bonus points for buying a new TV.

The way things stack can be ridiculous. If you're Elite Plus and subscribe to GCU, buy a full price game, and put it on your card, you'll get 201 points -- most of the way to getting $5 back. And if you're doing that with a preorder where you're already getting a $10 bonus, not to mention the usual GCU discount...!

I have one. In my opinion it's worth it if you can pay the balance off every month. Otherwise the intetest outweighs the value of the points, which is true with most rewards cards.

Some people coos the best buy visa and do regular spending through there - groceries, utilities, restaurants, etc. - in order to track up extra points.

Also the intetest free financing is good for the occasional large purchase. Again this only works of your pay off within the allotted time limit - 6 or 12 months.
Interest free negates the points for the purchase.

Well, that's the thing--nobody bought them on the WiiU! Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii sold almost 5 million copies in it's first six months and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for Wii U is estimated to have sold less than 2 million total. You might as well bring the good Wii U games to the Switch so they finally have an audience!
Please, why bother? Switch proves itself on its own every quarter.....they could love or hate the original master, but I think porting great ideas left over from the Wii U is a good idea

Nintendo switch rules lol

Just a heads up. Went into BB today and they had the Dishonored 2 Xbox One CE for $25.99. GCU wasn’t showing up on final checkout but the manager discounted the 20% manually.

Oh yeah...thx for the reminder

CHECK LOCAL BBY/YMMV
My locals had Destiny, Wolfe stein IO, cod ww2 CE ALL clearance , various prices

Well....so much for the Tekken 7 Steelbook case. I'm prompted during checkout that they are no longer available.

Sucks.

EDIT: It finally went through. I had to kind of "strong-arm" the order to get the steelbook to ship with the game though.
I tried to buy it a week for $30 or so ago and had this happen. Well actually the order went through and then best buy canceled the steel book so I canceled the order. I tried again this week at 20 and finally got it to go through. Today I went and picked up the steel book even though the game won't be in for a few more days.

I've definitely been getting the most out of mine.

Cardholders get bonus coupons every so often. Mostly 10% off, but last August, they had a bonus point day where I got 8,999 bonus points for buying a new TV.

The way things stack can be ridiculous. If you're Elite Plus and subscribe to GCU, buy a full price game, and put it on your card, you'll get 201 points -- most of the way to getting $5 back. And if you're doing that with a preorder where you're already getting a $10 bonus, not to mention the usual GCU discount...!
I got a $100 bonus certificate last June as a "Valued Cardmember" reward. That was kind of surprising since I've never paid them a dime of interest. I use mine for nearly everything unless Discover is offering a better percentage on certain purchases.

It's pretty good for me, I use it primarily for gas and groceries (which gives extra bonus points) and pay it off promptly. Got $20 in bonus certs somehow last month, have $15 coming from a promo last week. Plus the charges go towards Elite Plus status, which didn't actually do me much good last year.

I like mine

I use it for gas, grabbing food and stuff at BB. I did buy all of my appliances for a new house on it and promptly paid it off.

[attachment=30130:20180502_010900.jpg]Surprising message from a Best Buy  packer. Never received a handwritten message like this before. He packed a steel book in a bubble mailer + box. 10/10

GJ Charly. It was the Tekken 7 Steelbook.

attachicon.gif
20180502_010900.jpgSurprising message from a Best Buy packer. Never received a handwritten message like this before. He packed a steel book in a bubble mailer + box. 10/10

GJ Charly. It was the Tekken 7 Steelbook.
Lol. Mine came today in just the bubble wrapper dented and spine slashed.

Is Mortal Kombat XL (PS4) a decent pick up at $15.99 after GCU? Is all the DLC on disc or via code?
No code; all on disc.

I picked it up at a similar price a while back and had a good time. The campaign is no great shakes, but it's fun multiplayer and just to goof around with a few different horror icons.

bread's done
Back