Best Buy Ad - 6/10/12 - 6/16/2012

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
New Releases coming out Tuesday, June 12, 2012:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/j...-buy-ad-scan-prices-for-dvd-and-blu-ray-deals

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray (Movie-Only Edition with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $12.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
  • SteelBook Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $26.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance:
  • DVD (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $16.99
  • Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
  • Blu-ray 3D (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $24.99 *Best Buy exclusive includes 20 minutes of footage going behind the scenes with "Vehicles of Vengeance"*
Superman vs. The Elite:
  • DVD (with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive includes Manchester Black figurine*
Tyler Perry's Good Deeds:
  • DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $19.99
GCB: The Complete First Season:
  • DVD - $19.99 ($9.99 after coupon)
Coupon: $10 off GCB: The Complete First Season DVD *coupon coming soon*

Scandal: The Complete First Season:
Coupon: $10 off Scandal: The Complete First Season DVD *coupon coming soon*

Missing: The Complete First Season:
Coupon: $10 off Missing: The Complete First Season DVD *coupon coming soon*

Entourage: The Complete Eighth Season:
  • DVD - $29.99
  • Blu-ray - $34.99
Tosh.0: Hoodies:
  • DVD - $12.99
  • Blu-ray - $14.99
Episodes: The First Season:
  • DVD - $19.99
Meatballs:
  • Blu-ray - $7.99
Tyler Perry's Aunt Bam's Place:
  • DVD - $11.99
Too Big to Fail:
  • DVD - $11.99
  • Blu-ray - $16.99
Demoted:
  • DVD - $11.99
  • Blu-ray - $15.99
Grace Potter & The Nocturnals: The Lion The Beast The Beat:
  • Regular Edition CD - $9.99
  • Deluxe Edition CD + Exclusive DVD - $19.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Available Now:

Sherlock Holmes:
  • DVD - $4.99
  • Blu-ray SteelBook - $9.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Act of Valor:
  • DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Safe House:
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol:
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $12.99
Chronicle:
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $12.99
$5.99 Blu-ray:
  • Robocop
  • Rambo
  • Sin City Recut & Extended Edition
  • Office Space Special Edition
  • AVP: Alien vs. Predator
  • The Terminator
$9.99 DVD / $14.99 Blu-ray Combo:
  • Moneyball
  • Warrior (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Immortals (Blu-ray includes Digital Copy)
  • The Sitter (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy) (DVD: $4.99 after coupon; Blu-ray: $9.99 after coupon)
Coupon: $5 off coupon for Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes on Coupons.com

• The Descendants (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Cowboys & Aliens Extended Edition (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • Drive (Blu-ray includes UltraViolet Digital Copy)
DVD and Blu-ray Gift Sets Sale:
  • The Godfather 4-Disc Blu-ray Set - $29.99
  • Transformers Trilogy 3-Movie Blu-ray Set - $39.99
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition Blu-ray Set - $49.99
  • The Pacific DVD - $39.99
  • The Pacific Blu-ray - $49.99
  • Band of Brothers DVD - $39.99
  • Band of Brothers Blu-ray - $49.99
  • Lethal Weapon Collection Blu-ray Set - $49.99
  • Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray - $69.99 *Lowest Advertised Price*
  • Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy (Episodes I - III) Blu-ray - $39.99
  • Star Wars: The Original Trilogy (Episodes IV - VI) Blu-ray - $39.99
THANKS TO ANNIE CHU @ EXAMINER.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']It was available for pre-order for a few weeks now, good luck finding it now.

[/QUOTE]
quite the opposite for me actually, Haven't been able to find it until yesterday

Definitely getting Chronicle at that price.
Also, I called ahead and found Soprano's complete set that they're holding for me.
Can't pass on it at $60.

[quote name='leichstein']So whats the difference between the standard combo pack of Ghost Protocol and the BB exclusive combo pack?[/QUOTE]
BB exclusive have unique artwork slipcover and bonus blu-ray disc.

[quote name='Vigilante']Ouch. Probably not a good idea to get the "first" season, then. :\[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they have "first season" on Camelot's cover too even though they knew fully well it wasn't coming back.

For anyone in Columbus Ohio, I left 3 GR steelbooks on the shelf at the Stringtown road location today. They are in the blu-ray section in the G's

Ghost Rider steelbooks are now priced at $0.00 at my Best Buy.

I'm sure they ring up at $5, but I should really try to grab one..

Damn, now I really regret not picking up all of the Best Buy exclusive steelbooks (though I got most of them) as they're back up to $14.99 and some are getting very hard to find.

I want that Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows steelbook too, but the regular edition's price is just too sweet. Will probably pick up Chronicle and Star Wars if amazon would match the GD price.

The only bestbuy that is close to me is a little over an hour away. I called and nobody knows what I'm talking about when I mentioned the new ghost rider steelbook or preorder bonus. I guess i'll just have to wait until tomorrow or something ?

Are both the BB exclusive version and regular version of Ghost Protocol on sale? The ad shows the cover art for the regular version and the website shows the exclusive version still at full price.

[quote name='karkyco']Damn, now I really regret not picking up all of the Best Buy exclusive steelbooks (though I got most of them) as they're back up to $14.99 and some are getting very hard to find. [/QUOTE]

which ones?

[quote name='Animal7390']which ones?[/QUOTE]

I got about 15 of them, all except for Green Lantern, Book of Eli, Clash of the Titans, Sucker Punch, and something else...

FYI, bestbuy.com is now showing Entourage season 8 as $19.99 for the DVD and $24.99 for the blu. Guess they are matching target's price. I'll do a price match with their website when I go to get it tomorrow.

[quote name='fishphoenix']FYI, bestbuy.com is now showing Entourage season 8 as $19.99 for the DVD and $24.99 for the blu. Guess they are matching target's price. I'll do a price match with their website when I go to get it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]Why not just do an in-store pickup order?

[quote name='shrike4242']Why not just do an in-store pickup order?[/QUOTE]

I never do in-store pick up from online anymore. I've always had bad luck with it (losing my order, never having it ready, etc.)

Wow--GCB S1, Scandal S1, Missing S1 all for under $15! $19.99 each sale price, minus instant $15 if you buy all 3, - $10 coupon on each from abctvondvdcoupon.com!

UPDATE: The buy 3 save $15 (or buy 2 save $10?) on the new ABC releases was not in the ad--there was a sign by those DVDs in the store saying the deal ran until 7/7? So it was a nice extra surprise--I was going to buy them anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KyleN']Wow--GCB S1, Scandal S1, Missing S1 all for under $15! $19.99 each sale price, minus instant $15 if you buy all 3, - $10 coupon on each from abctvondvdcoupon.com!

UPDATE: The buy 3 save $15 (or buy 2 save $10?) on the new ABC releases was not in the ad--there was a sign by those DVDs in the store saying the deal ran until 7/7? So it was a nice extra surprise--I was going to buy them anyway :)[/QUOTE]
So with coupons and promo, that's $45 off?! Interesting...

[quote name='shadowkast']So with coupons and promo, that's $45 off?! Interesting...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so just under $5 each--great deal--even if they are only 7 or 10 episodes each.

As for the cliffhangers--I really enjoyed Missing, and wish it had come back for a second season. They do set something up at the end for a second season, and it's disappointing that's where it left off, but if you ignore the last minute or so, it was a really great series.
For GCB, I don't remember if it ended in a cliffhanger or not, but was still a fun show.
The only one I haven't seen is Scandal--and it's nice that they are releasing this so early and not a day before the new season premieres--gives plenty of time to catch up on those 7 episodes over the summer.

Scandal and missing for $10 total... not bad. Also picked up in time, rise of... apes, Sherlock 1 @ $10 a piece and sopranos compete. Not bad for $100

I just bought 2 sets of Scandal, Missing, and GCB for $32 and some change after coupons. I then traded half of them in to Amazon for a total of $30 (although GCB is now only worth $2.50). Basically getting them all for free.

Amazon is still paying out $10 for Scandal and Missing if anyone wants to try their hand.

M

Picked up Scandal, Missing and GCB for $15 total (that's an insane deal) along with In Time and Rise of the Planet of the Apes (blind buy).

Also grabbed Scandal and Missing for that price (ended being about $11.16 each), and was also surprised they put them that low with it already being already at $19.99 this week, but definitely worth it for Scandal and couldn't pass it up for Missing. I went ahead and got Good Deeds too.

[quote name='Rafael122']So the Sin City blu-ray isn't on their .com website. Is this strictly in their B and M locations?[/QUOTE]

Yeah what gives. Can't search B&M.

[quote name='PocariSweat']Yeah what gives. Can't search B&M.[/QUOTE]

I went last night to mine, they had 1 or 2 copies but they couldn't find it on the floor so they probably sold out. Funny though, the movie came on IFC (I think?) after the Finals and I saw the whole thing, so I kinda got my fix in anyway.

Picked up Warrior though, heard great things about this movie.

oh god! I only went in expecting to get Sin City, but walked out with Lethal Weapon collection, LOTR extended set, and Bourne trilogy. I ended up not buying Sin City :(
Does anyone know where to find those black blu ray cases that the LOTR movies come in? Those cases look damn cool!

Damn, I was just randomly browsing the forums and when I read about the ABC shows for $5 a pop (late to that announcement)...I feel like I'm obligated to buy it just to watch them.

I have to pick up MP3 anyways so might as well right?

bread's done
Back