Best Buy Ad 7/1-7/7: Buy One, Get One 50% off select Nintendo 3DS games

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Jurassic World Evolution $59.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered $29.99
Game Deals:

Everything Else:

• Free $100 Best Buy Gift Card with the purchase of select Samsung QLED TVs and an Xbox One X or Xbox One S Console
  • Xbox One X 1TB Console $499.99
    Free PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds digital token with purchase of Xbox One X

[*]Save $10 on an Xbox One Wireless Controller with purchase of an Xbox One Console
[*]Save $10 on 3 or 6-Months of Xbox Live Gold
[*]Power A Dual Controller Charging Station for Xbox One $24.99 Save $5
[*]Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Wireless Surround Sound Gaming Headset $129.99 Save $20
[*]Nintendo 2DS XL $129.99 Save $20
[*]Free Zelda Switch Skin Set with purchase of a Nintendo Switch (6/30-7/4 only)
[*]25% off select Minecraft Collecibles
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Blockers $19.99 Save $8
  • Beirut $19.99 Save $8
  • WolfCop 2-Film Collection Only @ BB $12.99 Save $5

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Detective Pikachu for me and the latest Fire Emblem for my son.

Has anyone tried amiibo with the Detective Pikachu game? I read online that the huge Detective Pikachu amiibo unlocks faster replay of cut scenes, but I was wondering if the regular Smash Pikachu did the same thing, or maybe something else... (Google wasn't much help on the 1st page or so, so I came here.)

So are there more games included in the B1G1 50% off 3DS game sale besides the 3 mentioned in the ad???

Yes, about 30
They actually added some more games to it and now have a total of 42 included, including Ultra Pokemon Sun/Moon, Metroid Samus Returns and Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters (so basically every Nintendo published 3DS game except Sushi Striker).

I ended up getting Detective Pikachu and Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters. May make another order later in the week for two of the following: Kirby Battle Royale, Super Mario Maker, Mario Party The Top 100.

I would jump on these sports if not for one thing: only about 30% of the game's data is on the card and you need to download the rest...like over 20gb. Good lord! I hope Nintendo starts making bigger cartridges or I just cant have these bulky sports games on Switch.
Fifa is on the cart...

I ended up getting Detective Pikachu and Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters.
These are the exact two I picked up as well. I've been waiting for a decent deal on Psychic Specters for a long time.

I've been waiting for a Psychic Specters sale too. Been wanting Metroid, so added that as well. 3DS first party sales are too uncommon, and I may not have the GCU for the next one.

Has anyone played superstarsaga + bowser's minions?
I've been interested in it, and might get Mario sports superstars or one of the new Pokémon games?

Nice to see that GMA is checking their facts before reporting stories. Best Buy stores will continue to sell CDs $6 and up for 25% off until the week before their mid-year remodel. Some might have already done it but others won't do it until mid to late August. Also, the CDs under $6 aren't going anywhere. ;)

Nice to see that GMA is checking their facts before reporting stories. Best Buy stores will continue to sell CDs $6 and up for 25% off until the week before their mid-year remodel. Some might have already did it but others won't do it until mid to late August. Also, the CDs under $6 aren't going anywhere. ;)
tenor.gif

Seems like it might have gotten a small delay. Amazon says unavailable and GameStop no longer has a date.

I got a 10% off single item coupon in an email from BB that expires 7/31. Does that stack with GCU?

I got a 10% off single item coupon in an email from BB that expires 7/31. Does that stack with GCU?
I got the same birthday email today. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten one before. When I tried to use it in the BB app, the button did nothing. So no clue.

Odd, my birthday isn't until September so i just got the coupon out of the blue.
It does not stack with GCU, but it will work badly with the 3ds deal, in that it applied to the cheaper item that was half off. So, I don’t see this getting used for me.

Wait, Detroit not being on sale less than 6 weeks after release means Sony is feuding with Best Buy? :whee:

I said SPORTS games

In all seriousness though, good. This will be a non issue next year though because they are reportedly working on 64gb carts.
No, it'll continue to be a problem because publishers will continue to cheap out. They have a 32GB cart but none of the publishers want to pay for it. They want us to pay for it.

Wait, Detroit not being on sale less than 6 weeks after release means Sony is feuding with Best Buy? :whee:
Not to mention that's a Sony published title, and they're not exactly playing nicely with Best Buy and Amazon at the moment.
As far as Amazon goes, It seems like nothing more than a rumor but it's easy to see why that conclusion is popular to come by; I'd bet they are feuding to some extent.

I mean, go check out Amazon right now and try buying a PS4, Uncharted 4, Detroit Become Human or probably any proprietary Sony property; NOTHING is shipping with Prime, which means Amazon is not stocking anything for Playstation other than third party games. That doesn't strike anyone as incredibly odd?

No, it'll continue to be a problem because publishers will continue to cheap out. They have a 32GB cart but none of the publishers want to pay for it. They want us to pay for it.
In that sense then I'd put some of the blame on Nintendo. After all they make it far more expensive to release a game on their platform than the others. I don't think it's very ethical for them to penny pinch companies they have stake in.

In that sense then I'd put some of the blame on Nintendo. After all they make it far more expensive to release a game on their platform than the others. I don't think it's very ethical for them to penny pinch companies they have stake in.
That's been their issue since the NES (back when they could bully everyone and get away with it)

As far as Amazon goes, It seems like nothing more than a rumor but it's easy to see why that conclusion is popular to come by; I'd bet they are feuding to some extent.

I mean, go check out Amazon right now and try buying a PS4, Uncharted 4, Detroit Become Human or probably any proprietary Sony property; NOTHING is shipping with Prime, which means Amazon is not stocking anything for Playstation other than third party games. That doesn't strike anyone as incredibly odd?
Not only that, Sony hasn't supplied them with any of the lower amount PSN digital codes for months.

Not only that, Sony hasn't supplied them with any of the lower amount PSN digital codes for months.
Yes, forgot to mention that, thanks. With this it's hard to convince me something's not going on between them. This is about far more than Detroit not going on sale.

Does anyone think DK Tropical Freeze Switch will be any cheaper before July 22nd? My GCU expires that day
Will there be a Black Friday in July?
Maybe to compete with PSN/XBL and Prime Day?

Does anyone think DK Tropical Freeze Switch will be any cheaper before July 22nd? My GCU expires that day
Will there be a Black Friday in July?
Maybe to compete with PSN/XBL and Prime Day?
Best Buy had a Christmas in July sale last year that I recall was better than Amazon Prime Day, but not particularly overwhelming.

Yes, forgot to mention that, thanks. With this it's hard to convince me something's not going on between them. This is about far more than Detroit not going on sale.
I seem to remember Amazon having some sort of dispute with Nintendo several years ago and they did pretty much the same thing then. Supposedly it was over Amazon wanting a bigger wholesale discount. Anyway, I've seen people elsewhere speculating that this dispute between Amazon and Sony lead to the downfall of GCU because Sony thinks the discount hurts their digital sales for new releases. I think there's at least some truth to it considering that Sony has offered a way to get a 20% discount on PSN that has coincided with their big 1st party releases since this all began.

Has anyone played superstarsaga + bowser's minions?
I've been interested in it, and might get Mario sports superstars or one of the new Pokémon games?
I just finished it the other day. It's a really good port with some serious graphical upgrades. The Bowser's minions stuff is passable but if you haven't played the game before, it's an easy recommendation. If you've played it before it's a little tougher to recommend.

Is the whole game 5th grade easy? Some website reviewer playing the Japanese version before release said it gets harder, so that's the only reason I picked it up. If he only meant the Japanese language gets harder, I'll be mad I bought the game.

Deal of the day is several of the tcl 4k sets.. various sizes and series. I know they are popular for the value they offer.

bread's done
Back