• :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Sonic Mania Plus $29.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion $39.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: Tempest 4000 $29.99
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: The Sims 4 $24.99 Save $25
  • :xb1: Madden NFL 18 $19.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: FIFA 18 $44.99 Save $15
Everything Else:

• Free $100 Best Buy Gift Card with the purchase of select Samsung QLED TVs and an Xbox One X or S Console
  • Save $20 on Xbox Live with the purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on select Controllers with the purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Free $10 Xbox Digital Gift Card with the purchase of 3 Months of Xbox Live
  • Save up to $20 on select Gaming Collectibles (Crash/Fallout/South Park)
  • Trade in Madden NFL 18 and receive a $10 coupon towards Madden NFL 19
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Rampage $24.99
  • Rampage Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99
  • Rampage 4K $29.99
  • Rampage 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $29.99
  • Isle of Dogs $19.99
  • I Feel Pretty $19.99 Save $8
  • Super Troopers 2 $19.99
  • Truth or Dare $19.99 Save $8
  • The Quick and the Dead 4K $19.99 Save $3
  • The Expanse: Season Three $32.99 Save $5

My plan is to to play 18, then trade it in week or so to get the coupon+credit. I can apply the coupon when I pick up 19 right?
I remember last year some guy got frustrated when they wouldn’t take the coupon right away, since the coupon can’t be used until a week or two before release.

Promotion typically runs two weeks but just in case I would prepare to trade in by Saturday if the new ad doesn’t continue the deal.

Will need someone to verify what days coupon is valid for.

Also, I don’t think there is a guaranteed trade in value. Previous years they would guarantee $10 or $15. Potentially it could drop by next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
So there is a 2-Day sale starting tonight but the only gaming item out of the 600+ skus on sale is Ark for $39.99 ($20 off). :???:
Oh well, thanks for the heads up, Tyrok. Interesting that they don't advertise it as BF in July. Maybe it will still come next week.

I received an email for Best sale days.. crash bandicoot and resident evil are listed so something will happen this week
I got the email about the sale, but I didn't see those games anywhere. Where did you see them listed?

I remember last year some guy got frustrated when they wouldn’t take the coupon right away, since the coupon can’t be used until a week or two before release.

Promotion typically runs two weeks but just in case I would prepare to trade in by Saturday if the new ad doesn’t continue the deal.

Will need someone to verify what days coupon is valid for.

Also, I don’t think there is a guaranteed trade in value. Previous years they would guarantee $10 or $15. Potentially it could drop by next week.
From current promotions on their site:

"Offer valid in store only. Trade in Madden 18 on Xbox One or PS4 and get a $10 coupon toward Madden 19 plus a gift card for the trade in value. Trade in values vary. Coupon delivered for trade ins from 07/15/18-08/09/17. Coupon valid in stores only through 08/19/18. Trade-In payment is by Best Buy gift card. Not compatible with any other offer. Not available in all locations. Participating stores may have additional requirements. Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any trade-in or limit quantities. Tax is calculated from the regular price prior to the gift card value being applied to the bill. Limit 1 coupon per transaction."

Oh well, thanks for the heads up, Tyrok. Interesting that they don't advertise it as BF in July. Maybe it will still come next week.
I got the email about the sale, but I didn't see those games anywhere. Where did you see them listed?
It was on the base of the email. It says shop great games for PS4. Mirrors edge is also there

From current promotions on their site:

"Offer valid in store only. Trade in Madden 18 on Xbox One or PS4 and get a $10 coupon toward Madden 19 plus a gift card for the trade in value. Trade in values vary. Coupon delivered for trade ins from 07/15/18-08/09/17. Coupon valid in stores only through 08/19/18. Trade-In payment is by Best Buy gift card. Not compatible with any other offer. Not available in all locations. Participating stores may have additional requirements. Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any trade-in or limit quantities. Tax is calculated from the regular price prior to the gift card value being applied to the bill. Limit 1 coupon per transaction."
So I take it the coupon comes in an email since it says "delivered"? I haven't done this Madden offer in a few years, but last time I did the coupon was printed right when I traded the old Madden in. Has anyone tried the trade in yet?

So I take it the coupon comes in an email since it says "delivered"? I haven't done this Madden offer in a few years, but last time I did the coupon was printed right when I traded the old Madden in. Has anyone tried the trade in yet?
Same as every other year. Coupon prints out at register. You use it when you buy your pre-order.

Only difference this year is the value of the trade-in isn't a rounded, guaranteed number like $15 or $20. It's a bit less with the current trade value.

Bought the x1 version from Best Buy for like $12 on Sunday, then today they gave me $12 in credit and the $10 coupon... can’t complain.

annoying thing is that i went to bb yesterday. the person at customer service had no idea what madden was or what the offer was. even after showing her the offer from my phone she still had to call in a manager and it took over a hour to figure it out.

annoying thing is that i went to bb yesterday. the person at customer service had no idea what madden was or what the offer was. even after showing her the offer from my phone she still had to call in a manager and it took over a hour to figure it out.
You don't have to mention a peep - just trade in the game normally and the POS will handle everything.

Let's say I have two copies of Madden, can I trade them in and get two coupons to use towards ONE Madden 19? Or you can't combine two?

Bought  Madden 18 today for $6.xx, ripped off the plastic seal, went to customer service, got my $12.xx giftcard and $10 coupon. :D All I know about football is that OJ Simpson is a bad man.

Last edited by a moderator:
ketsui that math doesnt ad up the price is $8.99 and even with 20% off gcu it stil couldent be les than $2 even with a $5 coupon.... bulls***

looks like madden 18 is only available online digitally now...waited too long.
The trade in value dropped as well to $5. I have two "physical" copies on hold (~6 each) at best buy that converted to "digital" on my bb account. I am undecided if its worth it to drive 20 minutes to best buy to pickup and trade 1 copy for small loss and get coupon (cancel the other)

The trade in value dropped as well to $5. I have two "physical" copies on hold (~6 each) at best buy that converted to "digital" on my bb account. I am undecided if its worth it to drive 20 minutes to best buy to pickup and trade 1 copy for small loss and get coupon (cancel the other)
Yeah, I've been disappointed with Madden the last several years so this was the first time in a while that I didn't jump on the BB trade in offer. I'll play it on EA Access for 10 hours and if I like it I will just wait for a used copy to become available at Gamestop. Although you can't beat the net cost the BB was offering when Madden was trading in for $11.28 base...I calculated it at $27.50 out of pocket for a new copy after all discounts and credits.

Although you can't beat the net cost the BB was offering when Madden was trading in for $11.28 base...I calculated it at $27.50 out of pocket for a new copy after all discounts and credits.
It's even better when you factor in trading the game in for $20-25 after the Super Bowl. It's basically like I'm letting BB borrow $20 for 6 months. I barely play the game, but with that kind of deal, it's a no brainer.

Did anyone with GCU try using the bonus $10 trade-in voucher yet?  Went to pick up my copy and was told couldn't use both because GCU's discount was an "offer" and voucher excludes other offers.

Did anyone with GCU try using the bonus $10 trade-in voucher yet? Went to pick up my copy and was told couldn't use both because GCU's discount was an "offer" and voucher excludes other offers.
The $10 coupon? You have to use that when you pick up the game. Otherwise, it's now useless.

He is saying they wouldnt let him use the coupon and GCU, which is wrong and just more bad training on best buys part.
I know... That's what I mean. That's so stupid of them. How does that make sense? What would be the purpose of the coupon then? Lol

I know... That's what I mean. That's so stupid of them. How does that make sense? What would be the purpose of the coupon then? Lol
Yeah, wasn't even the employee just verbally shutting it down... system wouldn't let them take the code (unless that was b.s.). Can't remember ever having an issue with GCU and another offer before; maybe because the program is phased out (think mine expires in March... will be a sad day!).

Yeah, wasn't even the employee just verbally shutting it down... system wouldn't let them take the code (unless that was b.s.). Can't remember ever having an issue with GCU and another offer before; maybe because the program is phased out (think mine expires in March... will be a sad day!).
Well it worked for me this morning. Not sure what was wrong. They were probably scanning the coupon at the wrong time.

Last edited:
When do new games get added to the BB trade in program usually? I'm not keeping M19, I just wanted to make some money off M18.

Did anyone with GCU try using the bonus $10 trade-in voucher yet? Went to pick up my copy and was told couldn't use both because GCU's discount was an "offer" and voucher excludes other offers.
Mine worked fine. Was out of pocket today $29.28, after $5 reservation, GCU, $10 coupon and the $5.50 GC from trade-in (waited to the last minute).

Now just gotta wait for my preorder stuff to show up.

Are they still high like they were a few years ago? I remember around Black Ops 3 release, I traded it in a couple weeks after and I got $44 for it.
I think those days are over - I think maybe in the $30's, depending on the game, but I haven't checked values of a recent release in quite some time.

Anyone need a $10 off coupon for Madden 19? I assume it is not tied to the GCU account you used to trade in on.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back