Best Buy Ad 8/17-8/23

Twitter

Banned
save $30 when you buy 2 select ps4 games 

^ shows the following games which are $39.99 each: killzone shadow fail, knack, lego marvel, and nba 2k14

+ more titles in store.

not sure what this deal is, some of these games are already $20 off so don't ask me how its $30 off if you buy 2 or ill hurt you

thats it #twitter #out

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to the only decent one in the area so I should be fine as long as I don't try any weird tricks. I don't need to try any weird tricks, right?
YMMV. I was near a BB today, so I gave it a try with MLB and Killzone. Register was going to allow it, but cashier and manager adjusted it back up. I then asked the cashier and he said they won't allow it to stack, "We aren't going to give you a game for $5". I had my kid with me, it had been a long day, and it didn't seem like fighting him was going to do any good (I've gotten plenty of games from them for $5 or less), so I didn't get the games. I did end up getting Watch Dogs (PS4) price matched to Sam's Club for $30, but that's all (I probably shouldn't have given my rewards number for that, but oh well).

Same here, only the guy that was going to ring me up refused to do it because he said I was getting a better deal by not price matching so he just straight up refused to do it. I was on a hurry and in no mood to try to persuade him so I left it alone and went on my way.

Great haul tonight, 2xKillzone(PM to 19.97 Tigerdirect), 1xLego Marvel (Attempted Walmart at 29.98 but for some reason the GCU prevented it so got it for 32), 1xMLB14 (PM Amazon at 39.99), 1xNBA2K14 (GCU to 32.99), 1xInfamous LE (PM to Amazon 39.99 YMMV, it was priced the same as normal version and the rep did it anyways) all that + 10% movers

Total was 74.56 pre 7% tax

The cashier I was at said to me, let me just scan all in with PMs and then go to the customer service to do the PMs.  I was wary at that point.  Went over to Customer Service, the rep there was the most patient and cool BBY employee ever.  She returned all the previous transaction from the cashier, then went through and entered the PMs and 10% manually on each game.  Somehow she entered everything in some way that I saved another $3 somewhere.  Fantastic deal!  Most all was credit from Madden+Fighter Within flips last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I fucked up not looking at this thread sooner. Good deals were to be had with price matching. Can't get that from buying online.

I got rejected at the first store I visited. I had to wait more than half an hour just to get to the point where I price matched and dope head girl refused to do it because "it's part of a bundle" and I was "getting it cheaper".

I went to the decent store and the nice lady did it without a problem. She thought she messed up the match at first but she figured out what happened and she matched six games total (two were $30 off) and I got my pre-order for Madden done too.

Bad news is that one of the Geek Squad managers that accused me of stealing because I asked them to add my Gamers Club discount by entering my number correctly got transferred to the good store. It's like corporate wants all stores to be cesspools. I'm going to call corporate about this again. They never called me back about it and it was months ago.

bread's done
Back