Best Buy Ad - 9/2/12 - 9/8/12

Taco5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
New Releases coming out Tuesday, September 4, 2012:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/s...-buy-ad-scan-prices-for-dvd-and-blu-ray-deals

Safe:

DVD (includes Digital Copy) - $16.99
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $19.99

The Five-Year Engagement:

DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack - $19.99

Piranha 3DD:

DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack - $17.99

For the Love of Money:

DVD - $16.99

Free Best Buy gift card offer

Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Online-only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.

Fringe: The Complete Fourth Season:

DVD - $29.99
Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $39.99
DVD with Beyond the Fringe: Peter and the Machine Comic Book - $34.99*Best Buy exclusive*
Blu-ray with Beyond the Fringe: Peter and the Machine Comic Book (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $44.99 *Best Buy exclusive*

Person of Interest: The Complete First Season:

DVD - $29.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $39.99

The Office: Season Eight:

DVD - $24.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $34.99

2 Broke Girls: The Complete First Season:

DVD - $24.99
Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $29.99

Grey's Anatomy: Complete Eighth Season:

DVD - $29.99 ($19.99 after $10 off Grey's Anatomy: Complete Eighth Season DVD coupon)

Parks and Recreation: Season Four:

DVD - $24.99

Criminal Minds: Season 7:

DVD - $26.99

The Good Wife: The Third Season:

DVD - $29.99

Hung: The Complete Third Season:

DVD - $24.99
Blu-ray - $29.99

Available Now:

The Lucky One:

DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray - $19.99

$4.99 DVD:

The Crow
Batman Begins
We Were Soldiers
All Dogs Go to Heaven / All Dogs Go to Heaven 2 Double Feature
Gamer
Troy
Forgetting Sarah Marshall Unrated
Gran Torino
Napoleon Dynamite
Ghost Rider
more in value bins in store and online

$7.99 Blu-ray:

The Last Samurai
Happy Feet
Hulk
Swordfish
Spaceballs: The 25th Anniversary Edition
Hoosiers
Tears of the Sun
Straw Dogs
Big Daddy
V for Vendetta
more in value bins in store and online

Marvel Hits Sale:

Iron Man:

DVD - $9.99
Blu-ray - $14.99

Iron Man 2:

DVD - $9.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $14.99

Captain America: The First Avenger:

DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) - $24.99

Thor:

DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) - $24.99

TV on DVD and Blu-ray:

Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Online-only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.

Fringe:

Seasons 1 - 3 on DVD - $15.99 each
Seasons 1 - 3 on Blu-ray - $21.99 each

Parks and Recreation:

Season 1 on DVD - $14.99
Seasons 2 - 3 on DVD - $18.99 each

The Office:

Season 1 on DVD - $14.99
Seasons 2 - 7 on DVD - $18.99 each

Grey's Anatomy:

Seasons 1 - 6 on DVD - $15.99 each
Season 7 on DVD - $29.99

The Vampire Diaries:

Seasons 1 - 2 on DVD - $14.99 each
Seasons 1 - 2 on Blu-ray - $19.99 each

Two and a Half Men:

Seasons 1 - 8 on DVD - $15.99 each
Season 9 on DVD - $32.99

Once Upon a Time:

Season 1 on DVD - $34.99 ($24.99 after $10 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season DVD coupon)
Season 1 on Blu-ray - $44.99 ($29.99 after $15 off Once Upon a Time: The Complete First Season Blu-ray coupon)

Boardwalk Empire:

Season 2 on DVD - $36.99
Season 2 Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $44.99

The Walking Dead:

Season 2 on DVD - $36.99
Season 2 on Blu-ray - $44.99

Sons of Anarchy:

Season 4 on DVD - $39.99
Season 4 on Blu-ray - $49.99

Free Marvel's The Avengers Collectible Case:

Get a free exclusive Marvel's The Avengers collectible case (discs not included) when you pre-order Marvel's The Avengers on Blu-ray. $10 Sideshow Collectibles gift card included inside the case and eligible for select products only. See http://www.sideshowtoy.com for details. Minimum 6 per store and offer good through 9/24/12 while supplies last. $7.50 deposit required and redeemable at Best Buy store location where deposit was placed. Not valid with other discounts, special bonus or free offers or promotions.

THANKS TO ANNIE CHU @ EXAMINER.COM

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the awesome sale prices this week on some of the new release TV shows ($25 for Homeland BR, $35 for Boardwalk Empire BR), it looks like the sales for new releases next week are pretty much garbage...

[quote name='GreyFox787']Given the awesome sale prices this week on some of the new release TV shows ($25 for Homeland BR, $35 for Boardwalk Empire BR), it looks like the sales for new releases next week are pretty much garbage...[/QUOTE]This is nothing new from Best Buy as they pretty regularly jack of TV show prices after release week. Sometimes, they go down after release though not often.

Looks like there's a few other options out there for $25 GC w/purchase options if you pick up some TV shows, though prices aren't quite as good as this week.

[quote name='GreyFox787']Given the awesome sale prices this week on some of the new release TV shows ($25 for Homeland BR, $35 for Boardwalk Empire BR), it looks like the sales for new releases next week are pretty much garbage...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe I will pick up Sons of Anarchy S4 this week after all if they plan on doubling the price.

Glad the tv show deal is still in effect next week.

Will get Hung ssn 3, Parks and Rec ssn 4, Office ssn 8, and Fringe ssn 4 DVDs for $105 and use $25 gift card on Fringe ssn 3 DVD and maybe Avengers case.

I think I may re-think the buy $100 worth of titles and get the $25 GC scenario.

The combination of Boardwalk Empire S2 BD + Once Upon A Time S1 BD + Walking Dead S2 BD worked nicely with the $15 coupon on OUAT.

Now for this week coming up, I think my best options would be the Fringe S4 BD ($40) + Persons Of Interest S1 BD ($40) + Hung S3 BD ($30), and that's still $110 before tax with the $25 GC provided.

Over BF last year, a number of the TV seasons dropped in price to cheaper than the current prices + the GC value. This time, I might skip on it.

There's no excuse for Parks and Rec to only get SD releases.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Person of Interest for $29.99 is a definite buy, maybe I can find something else to put me over $50 for the $10 code.[/QUOTE]

That deal expires tomorrow.

[quote name='Scorch']There's no excuse for Parks and Rec to only get SD releases.

That deal expires tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It sucks. Same thing with Community...but if a series doesn't start on blu id rather it just finish its run in DVD only

[quote name='Timenice']What's that Grey's anatomy coupon thing?[/QUOTE]

It's the coupons that are in other ABC Releases since The River, Scandal, GCB, etc. They will likely have them on abctvondvdcoupon.com by the weekend as well. There are inserts in the movies with coupons for select future ABC TV releases.

[quote name='Scorch']There's no excuse for Parks and Rec to only get SD releases.

That deal expires tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Not the pickup code. The code that is mentioned in the OP about $10 for spending $50+ on tv series on dvd

What kind of personal info do I have to give in order to get the avengers steelbook for $7.50 and are you sure that we have to pre-order? We can't just buy the case? Can I cancel my pre-order after buying the case?

[quote name='PublikDefender']What kind of personal info do I have to give in order to get the avengers steelbook for $7.50 and are you sure that we have to pre-order? We can't just buy the case? Can I cancel my pre-order after buying the case?[/QUOTE]

you dont give any info except rewardszone if you have it. then you have to bring them the receipt when picking up the actual movie and they deduct $7.50.

[quote name='Scorch']There's no excuse for Parks and Rec to only get SD releases.[/QUOTE]

This. Especially given what Universal is releasing the same day on Blu...

91O5pxuaiAL._AA1500_.jpg

Speaking of which that has to be one of the worst cover art jobs I have seen in a LONG time. Kinda fitting given how dreadful the second half of that season went.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']you dont give any info except rewardszone if you have it. then you have to bring them the receipt when picking up the actual movie and they deduct $7.50.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I went to some local Best Buys yesterday to get the Avengers steelbook and they were already sold out. Not exactly fair, since this isn't supposed to be released until 9/2. There wasn't even a way to order it from the website.

Season 4 of Parks and Rec is already up on Netflix in HD so why even waste money on the DVD? It was certainly no season 3.

[quote name='Canoli2007']Season 4 of Parks and Rec is already up on Netflix in HD so why even waste money on the DVD? It was certainly no season 3.[/QUOTE]

Netflix is nice for a number of things but I'd rather would have a real physical copy of P&R even if its DVD. Not to mention does Netflix even have stuff like the deleted scenes available for viewing?

I mean for pete sakes my sig and avatar are literally advertising the show. So why wouldn't I buy it on DVD? ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']So why wouldn't I buy it on DVD? ;)[/QUOTE]

Inferior quality, available elsewhere cheaper (and you can't use deleted scenes as an excuse, those will be up on YouTube within hours of release).

[quote name='Demolition Man']Netflix is nice for a number of things but I'd rather would have a real physical copy of P&R even if its DVD. Not to mention does Netflix even have stuff like the deleted scenes available for viewing?

I mean for pete sakes my sig and avatar are literally advertising the show. So why wouldn't I buy it on DVD? ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan too. I have a coffee mug with the Harvest Festival logo and Pawnee seal on it. For now it's Netlfix for me until I start seeing some blu-rays. I did buy season 3 but that was the best.

[quote name='Canoli2007']I'm a fan too. I have a coffee mug with the Harvest Festival logo and Pawnee seal on it. For now it's Netlfix for me until I start seeing some blu-rays. I did buy season 3 but that was the best.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I totally understand the frustration with Universal not releasing the show on Blu. Believe me if Universal would get their heads out of their asses I would certainly buy the show on Blu. The sad fact however is Universal doesn't feel like it would sell well enough on Blu to justify releasing it at all... even if they are releasing The Office Season 8 which by all accounts should be a complete sales dud on ANY format.

Oh and for the record I really enjoyed season 4. Yeah season 3 is better I'll admit but season 4 is still great on its own merits.

[quote name='Scorch']Inferior quality[/quote]

Let's see here....

Netflix = 720p/stereo sound
DVD = 480p/Dolby 5.1 sound

Now I could totally buy into Netflix being better had they offered 5.1 sound on their streaming for the show. Yes I know P&R isn't a heavy surround show but I prefer having the dedicated 5.1 mix simply due to dialog placement being better on the real 5.1 mix compared to relying on my reciever attempting to do that via Dolby ProLogic II-ish methods.

available elsewhere cheaper (and you can't use deleted scenes as an excuse, those will be up on YouTube within hours of release).

Yeah because I really want to stop my viewing marathon to hit up Youtube in hopes of those deleted scenes being there... and that's if they aren't yanked off due to copyright violations. Oh wait on DVD those deleted scenes are often times right below the episode in question on the menu so they are easy to access. ;)

Don't get me wrong I'm not anti-Netflix at all. Heck I am a paying member and have used it to watch stuff that I know for certain would be a one time watch and done type of movie/show/etc. But for something like Parks & Rec its a must own regardless of it being Blu or DVD. Yes I'd would LOVE for the show to be on Blu and I find it inexcusable in 2012 for Universal to continue treating Blu like the red headed bastard step son. On the other hand DVD is better then not having it out on any physical media format and the quality on the DVD releases are very good for the format.

Then again I'm still waiting for Friday Night Lights (the series) to get released on Blu. That show I'd imagine would be amazing on Blu period.

Just got fringe season 4 blu and curb your enthusiasm season 5 for $54 after $5 reward zone coupon. Then used $10 gift card from tv show purchase to get witcher 2 for $.59 cents after $30 off. Pretty awesome deal.

Who cares if someone buys a tv show on DVD. If you don't like it don't buy it. Some of us like owning physical things, even if it's cheaper through Netflix or free online.

Yeah, some nice TV seasons released today. One that wasn't advertised was How To Make It In America S2..BB has it online only I assume and the price is way jacked. Its $30 for the BD set on Amazon. I really wanted Parks & Rec and 2 Broke Girls and the former, but no way am I dropping near $100 for 3 sets..

I picked up the Five Year Engagement though. I really hate how the new layout stores are jacking around with their New Releases, they still have Project X on a new release stand! FYE was way at the bottom of one, almost didn't even find it!

[quote name='token2k6']Yeah, some nice TV seasons released today. One that wasn't advertised was How To Make It In America S2..BB has it online only I assume and the price is way jacked. Its $30 for the BD set on Amazon. I really wanted Parks & Rec and 2 Broke Girls and the former, but no way am I dropping near $100 for 3 sets.[/quote]

To be fair Best Buy does have the $25 gift card offer with you spend $100+ on TV boxsets on DVD/Blu. From what I noticed in my area also according to BestBuy.com it looks like How To Make It In America Season 2 is being carried in all the locations in my area.

I picked up the Five Year Engagement though. I really hate how the new layout stores are jacking around with their New Releases, they still have Project X on a new release stand! FYE was way at the bottom of one, almost didn't even find it!

Either the studio who released Project X is paying FYE to keep the title on the new release stand or... FYE is really that dumb in keeping it there.

On that note I'm kinda amazed there is no mention at all that Parks & Rec comes with a bonus "Knope 2012" sticker. I was kinda shocked when I opened the set up only to have that sticker literally slide right into my hands. On the other hand the box itself has the typical Universal Studios bullshit packaging that is a pain with getting the discs in and out. While I've already moved the discs to a four disc DVD case I still really wish Universal would quit using this packaging.

I am definitely interested in Spartacus for that price, but the nearest Best Buy store is a little far for me. Does anyone know if these deals are usually present online as well?

[quote name='Nax5']I am definitely interested in Spartacus for that price, but the nearest Best Buy store is a little far for me. Does anyone know if these deals are usually present online as well?[/QUOTE]Yes, they are. Free shipping might be an issue with a single item, though the price is available online.

Also, Amazon is almost guaranteed to match the price, so you may just want to wait until that happens and order it from Amazon.

bread's done
Back