kmgamer88

CAGiversary!
Best Buy Ad 9/23-9/29

Midnight Opening On 9/25
For details
bestbuy.com/midnightopenings

Avengers Best Buy Exclusive Gift Set $69.99
Contains:
4 Disc Blu-Ray Combo Pack (Blu 3d + Blu + DVD + DC + Music Download)
Avengers Guide
Lighted Lithograph Case
Litho Card
$30 Sideshow Collectibles Gift Card

Avengers 4 Disc Blu-Ray Combo Pack (Blu 3d + Blu + DVD + DC + Music Download) $29.99

Avengers (Blu + DVD) $19.99
Avengers DVD $16.99

(Blu Price/DVD Price)
Incredible Hulk $7.99 / $4.99
Iron Man $9.99 / (2disc dvd) $7.99
Iron Man 2 (Blu + DVD + DC) $9.99 / $7.99
Thor (Blu + DVD + DC) $14.99 / $9.99
Thor (Blu 3d + Blu + DVD + DC) $19.99
Captain America (Blu + DVD + DC) $14.99 / $9.99
Captain America (Blu 3d + Blu + DVD + DC) $19.99

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes V1,2,3,4 $9.99 each
Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes V5 $14.99

Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (Blu + DVD + UV + Figure) $19.99*
Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (Blu + DVD + UV) $14.99*
Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 ( DVD) $9.99*
*Bonus Digital Comic Book

Bond 50 (Blu Ray 22 Film Collection) $149.99 / (DVD) $99.99

Spend $50 or more on TV Titles get $10 Best Buy Gift Card
American Horror Story S1 Blu $29.99 / DVD $24.99
Desperate Housewives S8 DVD $17.99 with Coupon at www.abctvondvdcoupon.com/bestbuy valid 9/25-9/29
Desperate Housewives S7 DVD $29.99
Desperate Housewives S1-6 DVD $15.99 each
Gossip Girl S5 DVD$29.99
Gossip Girl S1-4 DVD $15.99 each
Family Guy Volume 10 DVD $19.99
Mentalist S4 DVD $39.99
Mentalist S1-3 DVD $15.99 each

$14.99 Pre-Order Prometheus (online or in store) receive CinemaNow Copy to watch tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sillymonkey321']good to know on the prometheus thing, 14.99 for the blu ray and digital cinema now seemed like too good of a deal. Probably in for a 19.99 combo blu ray of Avengers though. Not sure if Target's 4 disc deal for $5 is worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

buy it on vudu for 14.99

I pre-ordered at Best Buy for Avengers, do I have to pick it up at the Best Buy I preordered it at, or can I get it at ANY Best Buy?

I think I will stick with it since I can do the 60 day price match.

So are there any other places that will be selling the standard Blu-Ray+DVD cheaper than $25 besides the Best Buy midnight sale? Was hoping there would be some more places doing a quick $20 deal like Best Buy will be doing on the launch...

[quote name='Navex']So are there any other places that will be selling the standard Blu-Ray+DVD cheaper than $25 besides the Best Buy midnight sale? Was hoping there would be some more places doing a quick $20 deal like Best Buy will be doing on the launch...[/QUOTE]

WHAT???? The bluray and dvd combo is $20 everywhere. The 4 disc bluray 3d version is $25. There should also be a coupon for this, making it even cheaper.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']WHAT???? The bluray and dvd combo is $20 everywhere. The 4 disc bluray 3d version is $25. There should also be a coupon for this, making it even cheaper.[/QUOTE]

what kind of coupon are we talking about?

I posted this in the Target thread, but figured I'd cross-post here. Target is going to be dropping the 4 disk edition to $19.99. I'm going to double check when I get in tomorrow, but there should be a sign posted next to the ad in your store (you could also call and ask). It will NOT be in the paper ad, however.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']^ Its already up on the Weekly AD online, mobile and tablet showing the $19.99 for The Avengers 3D (Target Exclusive) version. :D[/QUOTE]

...ok then. Never mind ;)

Guess I could have just waited a few minutes

[quote name='JediDeath']I posted this in the Target thread, but figured I'd cross-post here. Target is going to be dropping the 4 disk edition to $19.99. I'm going to double check when I get in tomorrow, but there should be a sign posted next to the ad in your store (you could also call and ask). It will NOT be in the paper ad, however.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so they are selling both the 2-disc version and the 4-disc version for 19.99?

er...I'm happy for the price but logically speaking...that doesn't make sense to me.

Amazon matched the BD prices on Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 2, and the Avengers 2-Disc combo pack. Iron Man 1 is $16.99 for some reason as of when I wrote this.

Can I cancel my Avengers pre-order but still keep the steelcase (like you can with video game pre-orders)?

I don't think I can risk Best Buy refusing the price match because BB opens much later (10am) than Target. If Best Buy refuses the price match Target will sell out before I get there due to the slickdeals hoarders. Therefore, I want to cancel my pre-order but keep the steelcase and be at Target when they open at 8am on Tuesday.

So I don't think I've ever pre-ordered anything from Best Buy before, but I had to grab that Avengers case when I saw it. Anyway, what's the protocol for picking up pre-orders at Best Buy? Do I just bring my receipt to the customer service area like it's a standard in-store pick-up?

[quote name='kmgamer88']Best Buy Ad 9/23-9/29

Midnight Opening On 9/25
For details
bestbuy.com/midnightopenings

Avengers Best Buy Exclusive Gift Set $69.99
Contains:
4 Disc Blu-Ray Combo Pack (Blu 3d + Blu + DVD + DC + Music Download)
Avengers Guide
Lighted Lithograph Case
Litho Card
$30 Sideshow Collectibles Gift Card
[/QUOTE]

What?

This is only available In-Store... with a midnight opening?

How limited is this?

Edit - well, it appears this program may have ended some time ago and I'm out of luck. Le sigh.

Didn't want to bother making a separate thread, but if you've been holding onto some Disney upgrade coupons like me, Bug's Life is $19.99 for another couple weeks, or $11.99 after the coupon. Time to finally upgrade.

I could be wrong but while browsing the ad waiting in line i thought i noticed they list the 4 disc 3d set fir $19.99. It was in the middle of the ad. Looked like they meant to put the regular blu combo picture with the 3d wording.

Again i could be very wrong, and probably am

I already pre-ordered the Blu-Ray + DVD set from a Best Buy near me. (and got the pre-order steel-book case, which looks pretty nice) I don't think I'm going to bother heading in for the midnight launch. I have work in the morning, and its harder to stay up late.

Yep, turns out the Best-Buy I pre-ordered at isn't even going to be open at midnight. I'll just wake up early and go pick it up after work.

Got mine from amazon today to my surprise. It didn't come with each disk in a holder but the 3d and bluray stacked on each other and the DVD and digital copy stacked on each other

I'll try to PM the TARGET $19.99 price...although, I doubt they will do it. Worth a shot though. I have a $10 RZ crt I have to use, so I'm hoping to get at Best Buy. I'll bring the $24.99 ad in also (physical ad).

EDIT: Anyone else have luck yet? I 'll try around 11EST

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered the movie at best buy to get the steelbook.
How do they apply the preorder amount to the movie? Do they do it as a return and then charge you for the movie? If I buy it with my preorder and then go to return the movie will I get the full amount back that I paid? Or will I somehow lose the $7.50 preorder deposit?

I was able to pricematch the Target revised price with a receipt I had at Target and used a $20 RZ from preordering a past game to get it for free :)

Damn, they PM the Target ad so now I have three copies of it.
With tax it was about 21.50 a pop.

I guess I'll just gift them to everyone.

[quote name='skate4music']I preordered the movie at best buy to get the steelbook.
How do they apply the preorder amount to the movie? Do they do it as a return and then charge you for the movie? If I buy it with my preorder and then go to return the movie will I get the full amount back that I paid? Or will I somehow lose the $7.50 preorder deposit?[/QUOTE]They'll "return" the $7.50 back to you and will get applied to your purchase, which would make the steelbook free. You'll pay the rest of the difference + tax in the purchase process of the movie.

[quote name='iduncurr']I guess I'll just gift them to everyone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I realized it was silly to let the $7.50 go to waste, so I went next door to Best Buy and bought a second copy for a Christmas gift.

[quote name='lordopus99']Got them to PM my preorder. 19.99+tax... too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]
yup, pm-ing was no problem even though my local targets sold out immediately. i paid $7.50 for the steelcase and $12.50 in store at best buy. i bought the target version for $20 when they opened their store because i didn't think that best buy would allow me to pm. now i'm stuck with the extra best buy version. i'll try to sell it to someone for $20 since i don't really care about making a profit on this.

They price matched amazon for me since my local target was sold out. I also used my mystery rewardzone coupon for another 5 bucks off making my purchase only 14.99 ^_^

Barely even had to say, "can you pricematch Target?" and Best Buy CSR responded, "the $19.99 price right?" Before I knew it, I was out the door with a $20 copy of the Avengers 3D BD. Looks great inside the steelbook case even though it only holds 3 of the 4 discs.

So here's a question: When there are steelbook preorders such as this one, what do you all do with the regular case that the movie comes in? Luckily for me I had a friend this time that wanted to buy the 3D disc off of me, so that was a way to unload the regular case onto him and keep the steelbook to myself.

bread's done
Back