Best Buy and Target Weekly Ads 8/19-8/25

mossfan563

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Best Buy

Unfortunately, no Gaming Blowout 3.0 is in the ad so who knows if it'll happen.
Anyways, here's what's in the ad.

100% Trade-In Credit on Any Game

3DS Game MSRP Prices ($39.99) for:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Free DS Universal Hard Case with the purchase of a 3DS or 3DS XL.
3DS XL - $199.99
3DS - $169.99

Buy 1 Skylanders Character, Get one free!
All characters are $8.99 each.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack :)ps3:,:360:,:wii:) - $69.99

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron :)ps3:,:360:) - $59.99
Buy the game and get a code to download five Transformers "More than Meets the Eye" episodes (comic books).

Target

MSRP for 3DS XL and 3DS.
3DS Game MSRP Prices ($39.99) for:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron :)ps3:,:360:) - $59.99

SALE
Mario and Sonic London Olympics 2012 (3DS) - $29.99
Need for Speed: The Run :)ps3:,:360:) - $14.99
Just Dance 3: (Target Edition?) :)ps3:,:360:,:wii:) - $19.99
Star Wars: The Old Republic :)pc:) - $7.49
Wipeout 2 :)360:) - $19.99
Cars 2 :)ds:) - $17.49
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier :)ps3:,:360:) - $41.99
Max Payne 3 :)ps3:,:360:,:pc:) - $41.99
NCAA Football 13 :)ps3:,:360:) - $41.99

With the 100% TIV and my B2G1 coupon in my membership welcome package, hope to net Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2 and Fall of Cybertron for $60 total

I was hoping for some 3DS XL and/or NSMB2 deal would be out (e.g. buy 1 get 1 50% or something like that)... oh well

[quote name='rufusjenkins']Does best buy take disc only in trade? And if so do you get the full amount?[/QUOTE]

Each store/management will have different rules, so ymmv. But mine allows for disc only trading and I received the full amount as if it were complete.

[quote name='Enuf']Well the current RZ GC offers end on the 18th so at least there should be a good deal or 2.

price matches never DQ you from deals just make sure they don't return/rebuy the item. You have 60 days from the purchase date to pm an item so as long as you're within that window you can do it.

wasn't the run $10 already during the previous blowout or was that on clearance? & don't overspend on Midnight Club complete newegg has them for cheaper than $20 + free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...t+Club:+Los+Angeles+Complete+Edtion&x=15&y=19[/QUOTE]

so i paid $59.99 for NCAA based on preorder at best buy, do i call customer service or do i have to physically go into the store and show them the ad. sorry for so many noob questions but i've never done a price match like this before want to make sure i get it right.

thanks!

[quote name='akiladae']With the 100% TIV and my B2G1 coupon in my membership welcome package, hope to net Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2 and Fall of Cybertron for $60 total[/QUOTE]

yeah sorry bro but that aint gonna happen. The coupon is up to $40 not $60. Ima save my coupon and get doom bfge, pokemon black or white 2, and some other shit.

This actually works out nicely.

I'm going to go to Frys and price match BestBuy for Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition for $30. Than I'm going to trade in my Uncharted 3 Regular Edition to BB for $18 (its $$9 TIV but 100% bonus makes it $18). I already have $10+ of credit to BB. Than I'm going to pre-order Assassin's Creed 3 at BB and get the $20 pre-order credit bonus. I'll be getting AC3 for $10+ than.

Heard something about getting $30 pre-order credit, what is that all about?

Now I'm wondering, is the pre-order credit only to Gamers Unlocked members. If it is than I'll just use my credit to get that and than pre-order AC2 and pay off the $25 later.

[quote name='Solh0und']Man, I want Ghost recon to be in the 30's already...[/QUOTE]

Ha. That is one game I am trading in on Sunday. At first it was cool, then it became the biggest disappointment this year. It sucks

[quote name='Yigytugd']This actually works out nicely.

I'm going to go to Frys and price match BestBuy for Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition for $30. Than I'm going to trade in my Uncharted 3 Regular Edition to BB for $18 (its $$9 TIV but 100% bonus makes it $18). I already have $10+ of credit to BB. Than I'm going to pre-order Assassin's Creed 3 at BB and get the $20 pre-order credit bonus. I'll be getting AC3 for $10+ than.

Heard something about getting $30 pre-order credit, what is that all about?

Now I'm wondering, is the pre-order credit only to Gamers Unlocked members. If it is than I'll just use my credit to get that and than pre-order AC2 and pay off the $25 later.[/QUOTE]

you do know that you get the $20 after you pick up the game right?

[quote name='akiladae']With the 100% TIV and my B2G1 coupon in my membership welcome package, hope to net Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2 and Fall of Cybertron for $60 total[/QUOTE]I'm hoping they'll have these packets in-store soon. I'd gladly pay $15 for the coupons during the right deal LOL & at the rate they have worthwhile deals I'd be unlocked till 2020.

[quote name='hquintero99']so i paid $59.99 for NCAA based on preorder at best buy, do i call customer service or do i have to physically go into the store and show them the ad. sorry for so many noob questions but i've never done a price match like this before want to make sure i get it right.

thanks![/QUOTE]If you pre-order thru the site or did in-store p/u you gotta call to get the pm. If you got the game in-store you can either call or goto the store. Remember though if you paid cash in-store you'd need to go to the store to get the cash back otherwise you gonna get a GC or RZ points back.

[quote name='Snake Eater']Will Best Buy match Kmart's offer of giving a free $20 GC with purchase of 3DS XL?[/QUOTE]Super YMMV it's not a "GIFT CARD" it's a gaming coupon which BB most likely won't recognize. used to be policy but it changed. However, when it comes to big ticket items you have some flexability to get the exception. Offering to get the warranty is almost a sure fire way to get even the most YMMV pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the chances of best buy lowering the trade in price for Skyrim before monday? Did they lower the prices before they did an extra bonus on trade ins last time?

I am wanting to get rid of skyrim too. I only have the disc though so hopefully they take it. It was 20 a few days ago but now it is 16.

any chance ncaa 13 holds ?

i want to get rid of my 50% off ncaa 13 i got from gamestop

and my mass effect 3 i cant't pull my self to play it again

[quote name='rufusjenkins']I am wanting to get rid of skyrim too. I only have the disc though so hopefully they take it. It was 20 a few days ago but now it is 16.[/QUOTE]

That's so dumb, they lower their prices about 30 percent and then come out and have everybody think they're getting a good deal on their game when we're only making like 2 or 3 more bucks with the 100% bonus. Screw best buy and screw Bethesda for not releasing dawn guard on PS3 sooner

Edit: I take that back, just screw Bethesda. I would never be able to get all of the new games coming out this fall if it weren't for best buy.

Really, really hope the current TIVs hold once the new promo starts. Hoping to dump Battlefield 3, Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 and almost have enough to cover a new game.

Nice on the 100% bonus, a few games I finished (and don't see myself wanting to play again) since the last time they did that I may want to unload...

[quote name='blakesgameroom']does best buy take disc only game trade ins?, if so do they take off anything for it being disc only?[/QUOTE]

1) yes
2) no

[quote name='Royal High Knight']you do know that you get the $20 after you pick up the game right?[/QUOTE]

Did not know that. If that's the case than I rather save my credit and buy AC3 for $30 on Black Friday from BB. That's actually better, now I only spend $30 for 2 games worth over $100 together.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Did not know that. If that's the case than I rather save my credit and buy AC3 for $30 on Black Friday from BB. That's actually better, now I only spend $30 for 2 games worth over $100 together.[/QUOTE]

why would you think they would give you $20 ahead of time? If it was like that EVERYONE and their grandmothers would preorder only from BB. GS would lose 65% of their sales. :lol:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']why would you think they would give you $20 ahead of time? If it was like that EVERYONE and their grandmothers would preorder only from BB. GS would lose 65% of their sales. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes yes, my mistake. figured it was the same as places giving away gift cards with pre-orders and you can use it a week after you pre-order.

Also, Gamestop is already losing a lot from people switching their pre-orders to BB. but with BB offering all these deals, it looks like their gaming division will go under by the end of next year... but by that time BB might open up their new gaming section anyways.

[quote name='Enuf']If you pre-order thru the site or did in-store p/u you gotta call to get the pm. If you got the game in-store you can either call or goto the store. Remember though if you paid cash in-store you'd need to go to the store to get the cash back otherwise you gonna get a GC or RZ points back.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. I pre-ordered Sleeping Dogs for a store pickup and I was able to go back and pricematch Fry's in the store.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yeah sorry bro but that aint gonna happen. The coupon is up to $40 not $60. Ima save my coupon and get doom bfge, pokemon black or white 2, and some other shit.[/QUOTE]

Arrrrrrrrrrgh

Why didn't I noticed this? Guess I have to wait for the annual B2G1 sales this holiday

I'm not familiar with skylanders. If I had my pick what 2 characters would you guys reccomend for the buy 1 get 1?

[quote name='blakesgameroom']does best buy take disc only game trade ins?, if so do they take off anything for it being disc only?[/QUOTE]

look up the games before taking them in cause most of the time the workers are too stupid or lazy to enter the right game and you may get ripped off

How does Best Buy's trade-in values compare to GameStop's? I'm looking to trade in a bunch of games for the new 3DS XL, but I'm not sure where to do the trades.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Weekly ad is live. Still trying to figure out how to get the free case added to my 3DS XL pre-order... :([/QUOTE]

From the looks of it, the free case only fits the normal 3DS size. Why in the world they give you one of those when buying the XL is beyond me.

The OP needs some updates. The Best Buy ad also includes:

Dragon's Dogma :360: :ps3: - $39.99
Mass Effect 3 (PC) - $29.99
Battlefield 3 (PC) - $29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PC) - $34.99
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PC) - $19.99

The PC games are are all online only digital download deals.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']From the looks of it, the free case only fits the normal 3DS size. Why in the world they give you one of those when buying the XL is beyond me.[/QUOTE]
Because it fits the 3DS XL too

[quote name='Velo214']dragon's dogma doesnt come with any online code or new incase dlc does it?[/QUOTE]

I think the only thing included was early access to the Resident Evil 6 demo. Capcom doesn't usually do online passes - they're more of a on-disc DLC type of company. Is Star Wars The Old Republic sale price at Target supposed to be online too? It's still showing $39.99 on their website.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']That's so dumb, they lower their prices about 30 percent and then come out and have everybody think they're getting a good deal on their game when we're only making like 2 or 3 more bucks with the 100% bonus. Screw best buy and screw Bethesda for not releasing dawn guard on PS3 sooner

Edit: I take that back, just screw Bethesda. I would never be able to get all of the new games coming out this fall if it weren't for best buy.[/QUOTE]it's how the game is played no different than MSRP when there's b2g1.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Did not know that. If that's the case than I rather save my credit and buy AC3 for $30 on Black Friday from BB. That's actually better, now I only spend $30 for 2 games worth over $100 together.[/QUOTE]More likely to be $35 & since the gamers club b2g1 coupons won't be live during BF I'd offer you a better deal.

Do the $20 pre-order credit deal
get a pm off the $60(you should see a $40 sale)
beat/trade it for close to $30
use the credit & RZ points on BF for other deals
buy the GOTY when it's $20-$30
You get the game ASAP & get the better deals
[quote name='Royal High Knight']why would you think they would give you $20 ahead of time? If it was like that EVERYONE and their grandmothers would preorder only from BB. GS would lose 65% of their sales. :lol:[/QUOTE]If it wasn't for people buying games for the instant GC's & returning the games we'd still have instant GC offers. BB does deduct the value of the GC from the returned item but the problem was people who wanted the game had less stock to choose from. The RZ points way weeds out the ppl who really don't want the game.

Good news though there could be a way for them to offer instant RZ points w/no waiting
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ints-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674

[quote name='Yigytugd']Also, Gamestop is already losing a lot from people switching their pre-orders to BB. but with BB offering all these deals, it looks like their gaming division will go under by the end of next year... but by that time BB might open up their new gaming section anyways.[/QUOTE]You know they're earning several addition revenue streams on gaming not just the sales prices. The $5/$15 @gamer mag/subs & ad revenue is pretty nice not to mention that they can still earn the full $60 on games that are being sold for $10 using the coupons.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']That's not true. I pre-ordered Sleeping Dogs for a store pickup and I was able to go back and pricematch Fry's in the store.[/QUOTE]did they price match it or return/rebuy? You can always return an item from in-store p/u but per policy price matches are done over the phone just like with bb.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011&CMP=ocss
How do I request a Price Match from BestBuy.com?

When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period after your purchase from BestBuy.com, Price Match requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone. Please call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com Price Match request. Please be prepared to provide proof of the Best Buy or local retail competitor price that is still in effect that you will ask a Best Buy representative to price match.

BestBuy.com Price Match requests cannot be completed in our stores or via e-mail. Shipping/delivery charges will not be included in the price comparison. Purchases from a smartphone application/website, BestBuy.com orders with store pickup, and orders from the kiosk inside a Best Buy store are considered BestBuy.com purchases for purposes of the Price Match policy. A Price Match request after a purchase from BestBuy.com can be requested either by the person to whom the product was shipped, or by the person who was billed for the purchase

If I ask BB to PM Fry's for a 3DS XL (take $20 off so it's $180), will they still give me that DS Universal Hard Case or will they tell me I can only pick one or the other (free case or $20 off for PM'ing Fry's)?

If they let me do both then I'm going to PM NSMB2 also ($30 vs $40) because I'm too lazy to drive to Fry's, LOL! After tax, that's still $13 cheaper than NewEgg ($227 vs $240) for both console & game.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']If I ask BB to PM Fry's for a 3DS XL (take $20 off so it's $180), will they still give me that DS Universal Hard Case or will they tell me I can only pick one or the other (free case or $20 off for PM'ing Fry's)?

If they let me do both then I'm going to PM NSMB2 also ($30 vs $40) because I'm too lazy to drive to Fry's, LOL! After tax, that's still $13 cheaper than NewEgg ($227 vs $240) for both console & game.[/QUOTE]I'd forsee them denying you per "double dipping" the only way I could see you getting all of it is if you were to negotiate, if denied try to work in the warranty this will give you the most leverage but yes you'd be paying more money.

[quote name='Enuf']I'd forsee them denying you per "double dipping" the only way I could see you getting all of it is if you were to negotiate, if denied try to work in the warranty this will give you the most leverage but yes you'd be paying more money.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking they'll deny me also but couldn't hurt to ask. Just seeing if anyone else has tried something similar to this & what BB did.

Target may not have a deal on the 3DS XL, but I'm glad I got
it there because of their easy returns. First one I got had a huge dust speck under the top screen, a smaller speck under the bottom screen, AND a small scratch on the top blue panel. Where has Nintendo's quality gone? Ugh.

[quote name='Enuf']
You know they're earning several addition revenue streams on gaming not just the sales prices. The $5/$15 @gamer mag/subs & ad revenue is pretty nice not to mention that they can still earn the full $60 on games that are being sold for $10 using the coupons.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how $5 or $15 "additional revenue" balances the $10 or $20 coupons.

Also, the profit on new games is barely a few dollars so I don't know how Best Buy is making $$$ with those coupons. GameStop makes a majority of their profit from selling used games, they mostly break even on new games. Best Buy is in the crapper with profits dropping like flies based on their restructure costs... mobile is where the $$$ is coming from, not from games.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambr...lide-nearly-40-nears-end-of-big-box-closures/

[quote name='oasisboy']I don't understand how $5 or $15 "additional revenue" balances the $10 or $20 coupons.

Also, the profit on new games is barely a few dollars so I don't know how Best Buy is making $$$ with those coupons. GameStop makes a majority of their profit from selling used games, they mostly break even on new games. Best Buy is in the crapper with profits dropping like flies based on their restructure costs... mobile is where the $$$ is coming from, not from games.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambr...lide-nearly-40-nears-end-of-big-box-closures/[/QUOTE]

the 5 and $15 "purchases" are nothing as far as revenue is concerned.

However, they're not losing 100% of the money on the coupons either. The publisher is footing most or all of the bill.

[quote name='takotchi']Target may not have a deal on the 3DS XL, but I'm glad I got
it there because of their easy returns. First one I got had a huge dust speck under the top screen, a smaller speck under the bottom screen, AND a small scratch on the top blue panel. Where has Nintendo's quality gone? Ugh.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but all stores do returns as long as you're in their return window.

(for retail, some online places have special rules for dead pixels)

bread's done
Back