Best Buy apologizes for 360 bundling

While I appreciate the thought, I think it's just that they got called on it.

"I want to be very clear that Best Buy does not condone pressuring customers to purchase items they may not want or that may not fit their lifestyle"....
Hmm...extended warranty, or SI/EW subscription, anyone?
Maybe forced bundles aren't in their policy, but pressure sure is.

Well as much as I don't like Best Buy, they did the right thing in telling customers openly about what was wrong. At least they're offering solutions for those who were forced to get bundles. I know I'll be returning the $100 wireless network adapter and the $20 play and charge kit.

well, it doesn't cancel out anything, but sure...i guess i'll take the free corportate apology.

[quote name='dtcarson']While I appreciate the thought, I think it's just that they got called on it.

"I want to be very clear that Best Buy does not condone pressuring customers to purchase items they may not want or that may not fit their lifestyle"....
Hmm...extended warranty, or SI/EW subscription, anyone?
Maybe forced bundles aren't in their policy, but pressure sure is.[/QUOTE]

I've never gotten pressured for those things... they ask me once at the register, I say no thanks, and they say "Ok". I've never ever had a cashier ask more than once.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Well as much as I don't like Best Buy, they did the right thing in telling customers openly about what was wrong. At least they're offering solutions for those who were forced to get bundles. I know I'll be returning the $100 wireless network adapter and the $20 play and charge kit.[/QUOTE]

What about those customers who waited all night, just to be told that their spots would be given up to people in back of them if they didn't want to buy (or couldn't afford) a bundle?

[quote name='fujishig']What about those customers who waited all night, just to be told that their spots would be given up to people in back of them if they didn't want to buy (or couldn't afford) a bundle?[/QUOTE]

People in line at the Best Buy (Emeryville, CA) that I went to were informed as soon as they lined up the night before, that there will be bundle(s) with the price and accessories explicitly listed on a piece of paper. We had a choice to line up knowing that we'll have to buy bundles at the shown price, or leave. I can't say this for all Best Buy and I know I can't, but as far as for me goes, it is a fair thing for them to do.

They've extended the return period for XBox 360 items (I don't know the length of the exact period) bought at launch and they also will take back opened XBox 360 software.

bread's done
Back