Best Buy B & M - Buy 1, Get 1 Select Warner Special Edition titles 4/2-4/29

Bobweiser

CAGiversary!
Starting tomorrow Best Buy will have a display rack in stores that will have "Buy 1 Special Edition DVD, get 1 FREE $17.99 each" on it. It should be set tomorrow, but if last time this was done is any indication it may not get done right away. The deal will run until April 29th.

The titles are as follows: (UPC)

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Spec Ed (085392378029)
Blade 2 (794043555428)
True Romance Unrated Spec Ed (085392279623)
Boogie Nights Platinum Series (794043503320)
Giant Spec Ed (085392322121)
East of Eden Spec Ed 2pk (012569683228)
Seven - Platinum Series (794043499722)
Mission Spec Ed (085392349722)
Rebel Without a Cause Spec Ed 2pk (012569683235)
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Spec Ed (085393746322)
Magnolia Spec Ed (794043502927)
JFK Spec Ed (085392863129)
Space Jam Spec Ed (085392753727)
Big Red One Spec Ed 2pk 012569432222)
Unforgiven Spec Ed (085392345724)
Wyatt Earp Spec Ed (085391317722)
Enter the Dragon Spec Ed (085392863327)
Lost Boys (085393353025)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Spec Ed WS (794043703126)

Yet the Warner SE titles I really want (ie: Color Purple, Adventures Of Robin Hood, etc) aren't included. :cry:

Thanks OP for the info regardless.

Nice, I was hoping Citizen Kane would be included but I'll be more than happy to settle for True Romance and Unforgiven.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yet the Warner SE titles I really want (ie: Color Purple, Adventures Of Robin Hood, etc) aren't included. :cry:
.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on - the Kevin Costner version is just as good!

Kidding - I actually remember loving it when I was a kid but I bought it last year (the Kevin Costner Robin Hood), watched the first 30 minutes then immediately put it on ebay.

$9 for the Special Editions of True Romance and Unforgiven is great, though.

Boo-urns. And I thought the $12.99/ea price for those 2-disc sets were great. (During whatever week Sin City special edition came out.)

Great price for people who don't have these yet.

I think the Platinum Series one is the good one. I am excited about this, as i have been wanting to get Seven SE for a while. I think I will pick this up with Unforgiven SE. :)

I checked on bb.com and these both are showing up $17.99, but no mention of the 2 for 1.

Has anyone confirmed this in-store yet?

I plan to go today at lunch, so i will post back my results.

Signage is showing up in stores tody (Monday, 4/3). We have been instructed that if the Blue shirts don't have this set up by Thursday, then we are to take care of it ourselves. I have heard that some of the pricing isn't showing up right in the system on several of the titles, but hopefully with the signs up tomorrow it will straighten out any problems. I have updated the original post to include upcs and skus. This should clear up any questions of which version is on this sale. I'll try to check back here often to answer any more questions if I can.

Just got Seven and Wyatt Earp. I wanted Unforgiven, but they didn't have it in stock. They didn't have any signs or anything, so I found Seven and WE in the usual places, took them up and after ringing the total, a popup screen came up and gave me $17.99 off. I also picked up Mechassault XB for $5 after the $5 off RZ coupon. :bouncy:

I almost bought the Seven Platinum last week for $22.99 at BB.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Requiem']So this is online too right? I'm confused now.[/QUOTE]

Can't confirm that it's online. Someone on DVDtalk.com reported that it didn't work online. I wouldn't doubt if it is going to remain a B & M thing only since they're setting sleds for it in store. (Of course, BB could double back and add it online in the next few weeks before it ends, too.)

Also keep in mind that there are titles on the display that are not on the signage and vice versa. East of Eden is on the display (plan-o-grammed to be there) and Batman (1989 movie, Special Edition) is not. Batman is on the signage, but East of Eden is not. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

ok. Explain what this sale is? Is it like buy 2 DVDs for $17.99/Buy one for $17.99 and get one free (he same)? Because you say buy one special edition and get one free for $17.99 EACH? I'm confused about this offer.

Ok. Tha'ts a cool deal. Also, is the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" the 2-Disc Platinum Remake? I don't want to see the old version. I would buy that movie and "Se7en". And I also saw "Se7en" for $10.00 in Sams.

[quote name='moviewizguy']Also, I wish "Memento" 2-Disc will be on sale.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I have been hoping to find this cheap for a long time. Cheapest I have seen it is $22-23

Is the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" the 2-Disc Platinum a Remake of the old version? I don't want to see the old version

Ok. Finally, Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake and Se7en, here I come! Those are the only two movies, except Blade 2, that I want to buy. There's nothing else interesting.

[quote name='hotwls13']Me too! I have been hoping to find this cheap for a long time. Cheapest I have seen it is $22-23[/QUOTE]

The "Memento" 2 disc is easily worth that. The theatrical cut of the film with DTS along with the film in its chronological order plus a TON of great extras. Worth every cent. :D

IF ANYONE DID NOT FIND IT IN THEIR OWN BEST BUY, HERE'S THE REASON WHY:
*You didn't check everywhere. You just checked in the DVD section. So here's what you have to do: Have you ever looked in the front section in Best Buy? I found mines there. In the front section of Best Buy, there is a racket and it says buy one DVD for $17.99 and get one Special Edition Free. It took me a while until I saw that. First, I went to my first Best Buy. Couldn't find it there because MAYBE I didn't check the front of Best Buy then I went to another and I bought mines there.

Sorry, thought I'd covered that already. If anyone has any questions about this post them and I'll try to help. I've covered alot of the things that have come up over on the boards at Dvdtalk.com, so that's another option. As mentioned though, if you haven't found it, check around. This display is on a rolling rack system (called a sled) that does not have to be set up in a particular location in each store. It can be in the front of the store, but you may also find it in the dvd section, or somewhere else in the store. Also, there have been problems with the signage and certain stores do not have signage posted. Lastly, some people are running into trouble with the movies ringing up correctly. This is mainly due to the fact that the signage lists three titles (Batman: 1989 SE, The Right Stuff: SE, and New Jack City: SE) that are not on the plan-o-gram for the display. There are also three titles (Giant: SE, East of Eden: SE, and The Mission: SE) that are on the plan-o-gram, but not on the signage. For some reason this deal triggers a box that pops up telling the cashier that these are part of a buy 1, get 1 deal, but it can take up to 20 seconds for this box to pop up. Otherwise the cashier has to override the system.

bread's done
Back