Best Buy B&M has $5.99 DVD rack of decent movies - YMMV

techstar25

CAGiversary!
I went in to Best Buy in Melbourne, FL yesterday and they had a rack of DVD's for $5.99. It was right in the front of the store by the cashier lanes. These are pretty good, recent movies. Sorry I don't have a list. I bought Boiler Room (Vin Diesel) for $5.99 for instance (which had a regular price of $9.99). Some of the movies looked like Walmart $5 bin movies, but others are not. In fact my brother said he got Boiler Room for $5.50 from walmart.

When I took the movie to the cashier it rang up as $9.99 so I had to point her to the rack and she took a look and said "that must be new", and she gave it to me for $5.99. So check your receipt!

YMMV of course, especially since Bestbuy.com doesn't have the same prices.

Does Vinny D have a big role in that movie? I've been wanting to see it.

If anyone sees Suicide Kings, that should be $5.99. Buy it!

[quote name='evilmax17']Yeah I got "Ernest Goes to Camp" from that thing. WORTH EVERY PENNY![/quote]

Aww.... I could only find Earnest Goes to Jail. :(

[quote name='Trakan']Does Vinny D have a big role in that movie? I've been wanting to see it.

If anyone sees Suicide Kings, that should be $5.99. Buy it![/quote]

I agree on Suicide Kings...awesome movie!!

About Vinny, he has a major role in the movie it just isn't a major speaking role.

Is this any different from the normal $5.99 racks/bins or are they just adding newer stuff? You can find some okay stuff there sometimes. I got 2 Batman Beyond DVDs last time I dug through it. They also had the Mario live action movie, Street Fighter movie, and 70s Batman eps :D

[quote name='vanlandw']everybody should get "hard target"...drinking with your friends there is no better comedy[/quote]

My sister said that John Woo filmed it just like a beer commercial (with the slow motion stills and such) years ago when it was first in theaters. :D

Enemy at the Gates, The Score, Fatal Attraction, Trading Places, Suicide Kings...those are coming to my mind. Lots more though near the check out lines.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Enemy at the Gates, The Score, Fatal Attraction, Trading Places, Suicide Kings...those are coming to my mind. Lots more though near the check out lines.[/quote]

All those were in your $5.99 rack/bin?? Wow, I gotta check out my Best Buy soon, I need to pick up Enemy at the Gates, The Score, and Trading Places at that price.

[quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='yeldarb367']Enemy at the Gates, The Score, Fatal Attraction, Trading Places, Suicide Kings...those are coming to my mind. Lots more though near the check out lines.[/quote]

All those were in your $5.99 rack/bin?? Wow, I gotta check out my Best Buy soon, I need to pick up Enemy at the Gates, The Score, and Trading Places at that price.[/quote]
None of them were in the 5.99 regular aisle. My friends and I noticed them on a rack way down on the last checkout area. There were 10 or 15 titles there and at least half of them we were suprised to see. All labeled 5.99.

[quote name='Scahom1'][quote name='doubledown']Boiler Room is a GREAT movie.[/quote][/quote]

[quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='yeldarb367']Enemy at the Gates, The Score, Fatal Attraction, Trading Places, Suicide Kings...those are coming to my mind. Lots more though near the check out lines.[/quote]

All those were in your $5.99 rack/bin?? Wow, I gotta check out my Best Buy soon, I need to pick up Enemy at the Gates, The Score, and Trading Places at that price.[/quote]

Me too. My BB 5.99 bin basically sucks. the one at Walmart is even better. the only thing I have ever bought from that bin was some dinosaur documentary that once aired on the discovery channel that I really liked called Allosaurus.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Kinda off topic, but I managed to find a copy of Army of Darkness theatrical version at Walmart for 5.50.[/quote]

I have seen Army of Darkess for 5.99 at best buy. I also recommend Darkman, Trial & Error, The Peacemaker, Logan's Run, Grumpy Old Men, Brewster's Millions...

[quote name='Fire'][quote name='Scahom1'][quote name='doubledown']Boiler Room is a GREAT movie.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

bread's done
Back