Best Buy BF DEALS ARE ON THE WEB SITE! THURSDAY, NO LESS!

Watchman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I cross-posted this over to the Black Friday thread, but I wanted this to get a little more attention rather than getting stuck on page 15 where it's not easily seen. If you have a problem with this, I apologize wholeheartedly, but I want all CAG's to see this deal and save themselves some gas, time, and sanity. You'll see why at the bottom of my post.
Here we go.
:D

Okay, buckaroos, IT'S ON. As of Thursday, 2:15 am, EST, Thanksgiving,
www.bestbuy.com has MOST of the deals listed on the BF list at the same prices.

I say most because I could not find PS2 Stuntman (supposedly 9.99) under Stuntman or Stunt Man anywhere on the site. '

Neither is PS2 Metal Arms. Only the GC edition is listed.

Also, PS2 Tony Hawk 4, which as I recall was actually THUG 1, IS NOT, repeat NOT on sale for 9.99 as listed- still holding at 19.99 on the site.

Neither is PS2 Terminator 3- still listed as 39.99 on site.

GBA Disney's Skate Adventure, listed on the forum as 9.99, is actually 4.99 on the site.

I checked in total all of the PS2 GAMES listed, and all the discrepancies are listed above contrary to in-store deals. Game HARDWARE searches prove to be taxing, as in the case of the Datel Multiplayer Adapter- searching for Datel reseults in nothing. Searching under "Multiplayer" however turns up in the first result, yep, the DMA, also btw matching in-store deal.

Check OTHER game systems if you want to make sure about the prices- I only searched one or two other than PS2 items- I own one, sorry. (Not to mention by the time I finished this it's nearly 5 am. Sleep is crucial, folks.)

Ultimately, YMMV, but I paid a whopping 2.00 for the shipping for Prince of Persia, which in the end will cost me less than going to the B&M and paying tax.

Reap the rewards, me Cheapies! ORDER ONLINE! AND SAVE YOURSELF A MASSIVE HEADACHE FROM GOING TO THE STORES FRIDAY! IT ISN'T WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT!!!!!

And in all my years past working retail directly across the way from my local Best Buy, the lines have been astronomically long! I actually know of customers that waited over 2-3 hours just to enter the store for deals that were long-gone before they even got near the entrance! But, if waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting's your thing, more power to 'ya.

Just order online, you cheap ass b#%(#d. :twoguns:

[quote name='Msut77']I didnt see any mention of the 90 dollar 27 inch tv. Did that turnout to be a rumor?[/quote]
Maybe it is only B&M.

Also the smily face thing is "twoguns" you have to have colons surronding them.

[quote name='Msut77']I didnt see any mention of the 90 dollar 27 inch tv. Did that turnout to be a rumor?[/quote]

Sorry, as I mentioned, I only checked games and accessories since this is under the game deal forum. You'll have to check that yourself.

Good luck! :wink:

[quote name='Watchman'][quote name='pete5883']THPS4 =/= THUG[/quote]

Yes, I mentioned that, thanks.

Nice sketch icon, btw![/quote]

What he means is, they are not the same. THPS 4 and THUG 1 are two different games.

[quote name='Watchman']IUltimately, YMMV, but I paid a whopping 2.00 for the shipping for Prince of Persia, which in the end will cost me less than going to the B&M and paying tax.[/quote]

I'm just curious. How do you save tax ordering on BB.com since there is a Best Buy in your state? You should be paying taxes AND shipping by ordering online.

I can see ordering online with in store pickup and then just waiting until the next day to pick it up when the lines are smaller.

The problem with this is...ordering stuff through BB's web site is usually such a hassle that it might still be more convenient to try for these deals B&M tomorrow.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']I was just wondering about the Apex Tv and Dvd player also, I didn't see them in the ad either....[/quote]

I believe those turned out to be a hoax, i work at BB, and we have been discussing sale items for a week jow, and the Apex stuff never came up. It doesnt show up on my map and list of items on sale either.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']I was just wondering about the Apex Tv and Dvd player also, I didn't see them in the ad either....[/quote]

Funny that came up. I went to Circuit City last year right at 6am and they were sold out. I think they purposely add things so you stick around and buy something else.

Anyhow, Full Spectrum Warrior is 19.99 on the BB site. I'm snagging that one.

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='cruzincontrol']I was just wondering about the Apex Tv and Dvd player also, I didn't see them in the ad either....[/quote]

Funny that came up. I went to Circuit City last year right at 6am and they were sold out. I think they purposely add things so you stick around and buy something else.

Anyhow, Full Spectrum Warrior is 19.99 on the BB site. I'm snagging that one.[/quote]

Well that's the whole point of these sales. Get you in the door for the loss-leaders and then hope that you buy something else while you are there. That's why stores like Best Buy call us demon customers, b/c we buy only the loss leaders and then get the shaq-fu out.

Now putting something in your flyer that is not actually in the store is false advertising. If, like that other poster said, you were there when the store opened and that deal was not offered, that would be false advertising, IMO.

[quote name='lebowsky']

I'm just curious. How do you save tax ordering on BB.com since there is a Best Buy in your state? You should be paying taxes AND shipping by ordering online.

I can see ordering online with in store pickup and then just waiting until the next day to pick it up when the lines are smaller.[/quote]

Actually, most, if not all of the BF deals are "in-store pickup not available". Come on. This is Prince of Persia, not FF3. However....

Plus, I'm not going to hang my hopes on getting a fantastic game that's going for 9.99 available on Saturday. My long-time knowledge of BB is they get a full box or less of whatever BF items they have and... that's it. Usually non-gaming customers looking for a cheap deal for that nephew out of state who likes the video games, will pick it up after waiting outside the store for 3 hours just to get in to shop just to get the hell out of there and scratch a name off the "to-get" list.

I'll still come out ahead, even paying shipping on it, because of the flatfoot shoppers who want to wait.
Gas- YMMV.
Finding parking within 1/4 mile of the Best Buy (because you sure won't find one IN their parking lot)- 10-20 min.
Waiting 2-3 hours to enter- 18.00 avg. min. wage lost.
Fighting to find items-30-40 min.
Waiting in line to check out- 30 min-1.5 hours lost.
Fighting to get out of the parking lot-5 minutes.
Total time- min. 2 hr, 15 min; max 5 hours, 35 min.

VS
5 min. lookup, sign-up, and checkout with only a 2.00 shipping fee- Priceless. In my book. 8)

[quote name='lebowsky']

I can see ordering online with in store pickup and then just waiting until the next day to pick it up when the lines are smaller.[/quote]

Actually, most, if not all of the BF deals are "in-store pickup not available". Come on. This is Prince of Persia, not FF3. However....

Plus, I'm not going to hang my hopes on getting a fantastic game that's going for 9.99 available on Saturday. My long-time knowledge of BB is they get a full box or less of whatever BF items they have and... that's it. Usually non-gaming customers looking for a cheap deal for that nephew out of state who likes the video games, will pick it up after waiting outside the store for 3 hours just to get in to shop just to get the hell out of there and scratch a name off the "to-get" list.

I'll still come out ahead, even paying shipping on it, because of the flatfoot shoppers who want to wait.
Gas- YMMV.
Finding parking within 1/4 mile of the Best Buy (because you sure won't find one IN their parking lot)- 10-20 min.

VS
5 min. lookup, sign-up, and checkout with only a 2.00 shipping fee- Priceless. In my book. 8)

Hey guys I don't want to be a stick in the mud but why wouldn't you order PoP at Gamestop.com and use FREESHIPALL to have free shipping and no tax. Thats just a thought, sorry to be off topic by the way.

Was just about to go to bed so I can wake up very early in the morning to head over to Best Buy, but not any longer. I was able to order 24 Season 1, Chappele's Show, Alladin, Will and Grace Season 1 and Man on Fire... Now I can sleep in... Shipping was only $5.00, but well worth it... All for about $60.00..

[quote name='flizmo007']Was just about to go to bed so I can wake up very early in the morning to head over to Best Buy, but not any longer. I was able to order 24 Season 1, Chappele's Show, Alladin, Will and Grace Season 1 and Man on Fire... Now I can sleep in... Shipping was only $5.00, but well worth it... All for about $60.00..[/quote]

ditto, I'm glad I checked before going to bed as well. Also odd, I received free shipping for my purchase of will and grace and Aladdin. Anyone else get free shipping from bb.com?

edit: details here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39627&highlight=

Just ordered Will and Grace season 1, thanks!

Does Target.com have their deals online? I'd like Simpsons season 4...

[quote name='Nephets']Just ordered Will and Grace season 1, thanks!

Does Target.com have their deals online? I'd like Simpsons season 4...[/quote]

Target normally updates there website at 2:00 AM CST, at least that is when they change the ad sundary mornings. So if the deals are going to be available on Target.com, they will probably go live in 10 minutes.

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='Nephets']Just ordered Will and Grace season 1, thanks!

Target normally updates there website at 2:00 AM CST, at least that is when they change the ad sundary mornings. So if the deals are going to be available on Target.com, they will probably go live in 10 minutes.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll check it out, as I'd really want season 4, but I'll play Unreal 2K4 and come back in 20 minutes or so. Can someone check on the price for me in 10 or so minutes?

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='Nephets']Just ordered Will and Grace season 1, thanks!

Target normally updates there website at 2:00 AM CST, at least that is when they change the ad sundary mornings. So if the deals are going to be available on Target.com, they will probably go live in 10 minutes.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll check it out, as I'd really want season 4, but I'll play Unreal 2K4 and come back in 20 minutes or so. Can someone check on the price for me in 10 or so minutes?[/quote]

Not available online at Target.com, nor through amazon.com (since Target is a partner). Guess we'll actually have to get out to make a purchase *sigh*

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='Nephets']Just ordered Will and Grace season 1, thanks!

Thanks. I'll check it out, as I'd really want season 4, but I'll play Unreal 2K4 and come back in 20 minutes or so. Can someone check on the price for me in 10 or so minutes?[/quote]

Not available online at Target.com, nor through amazon.com (since Target is a partner). Guess we'll actually have to get out to make a purchase *sigh*[/quote]

I won't be going out for it, so, that's a shame. Oh well, I got W&G season 1 for 15-something shipped from Best Buy.

if u cant checkout online at BB, u can call BB to get ur dvd black friday orders. i just got my 24 season 1 dvd for 15 bucks w/shippin and i only waited on the phone for a representative for about 3 mins. if u cant order online like me, go call BB and ask for the dvds.

[quote name='lordopus99']is Will and Grace really worth it?[/quote]

Up to you, really. Not sure if I can answer that without saying "it is if you like it". Though you could probably sell it for more quickly after it turns back to the original MSRP of 30-something.

[quote name='Watchman'][quote name='lebowsky']

Gas- YMMV.

VS
5 min. lookup, sign-up, and checkout with only a 2.00 shipping fee- Priceless. In my book. 8)[/quote]

I agree with everything you said. I was just wondering how you were going to avoid paying taxes by buying online. Not having to go to the B&M this morning is well worth shipping - I'm with ya.

[quote name='madmab']Uhh.. They actually do charge taxes online.[/quote]

Yeah, found that out AFTER I hit the "agree" button, since it wasn't listed in my total.

Jerks.

But still, 13 bucks for a 20 buck game, I'll take it. :wink:

Most online vendors that have B&M presence will charge tax in the states they are in. One reason to be careful before clicking the "Purchase" button.

The odd one is Gamestop, which only charges tax in two states.

bread's done
Back