Best Buy Black Friday order backordered, what to do?

metallicoholic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I ordered the Big Bang Theory Season 4 BD (w/T-shirt) from Best Buy for $8.99 during a temporary glitch on Black Friday and the item still hasn't shipped. I recently received an e-mail from them stating that the order will be cancelled after five days if it cannot be fulfilled. There are options of calling and requesting a different item or a similar item; I called Best Buy customer service and requested just the regular BD season of the show and the customer service rep wouldn't substitute. She said that the price I got the set for was too low compared to what the regular BD season is ($44.99).

What can I do? Does anyone else have items from BF that haven't shipped? I understand the price is incredibly low (and a glitch) but I should be able to get the same item for that price, even if it's much more expensive now.

You could try to get it set for in-store pickup? I did that earlier, but it wasn't with a glitch and it was just a standard BD set.

I had Duke Nukem Forever on backorder since the 8th. Just called and asked for store pickup. The store has plenty of copies

[quote name='Ativan']I had Duke Nukem Forever on backorder since the 8th. Just called and asked for store pickup. The store has plenty of copies[/QUOTE]

I tried this but the lady wouldn't let me do it because the product that I ordered was the BD set that came with a shirt. I asked for just the BD set and she said no because the price in-store is way less than the $9 I paid. Personally I don't think it should matter how much an item is now since I ordered it at a sale price, but whatever. My order got cancelled before I had a chance to call so I got issued a $9 credit... joy.

You ordered it at a glitched $9 price and expected them to honor it, thus taking a loss on it. Yet you're mad at them for not wanting to lose a buncha money on that transaction?

If you owned a store and mispriced something $4.99 that should have said $44.99, would you sell it to someone who came in and demanded it for that price.....or would you tell em to get bent n that it was an error? There's your answer as to why BB did what they did.

bread's done
Back