Best Buy blu-ray 2 packs $7.99

These are two separate Blu-rays bundled together, right? Not two movies on one disc with one case?

If so, I'll definitely be on the lookout for Click/50 First Dates.

[quote name='Tsel']These are two separate Blu-rays bundled together, right? Not two movies on one disc with one case?

If so, I'll definitely be on the lookout for Click/50 First Dates.[/QUOTE]They're normally two movies in individual cases with a cardboard slipcover.

Does anyone know if the Fifth Element movie in the bundle is the first release on blu ( remembered people said the picture quality was not that great) or the 2nd release with the better picture quality?

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Does anyone know if the Fifth Element movie in the bundle is the first release on blu ( remembered people said the picture quality was not that great) or the 2nd release with the better picture quality?[/QUOTE]

I dont know what iteration this one is, but since its being packaged with another film my guess is that the studio is trying to get rid of the copies with inferior picture quality.

[quote name='seether254']I dont know what iteration this one is, but since its being packaged with another film my guess is that the studio is trying to get rid of the copies with inferior picture quality.[/QUOTE]

I would assume by now that the first pressing of The Fifth Element are long out of stores. In fact in order how to tell if you got the remastered pressing from High Def Digest:

A note on how to identify this edition on store shelves: While the box art for this remastered edition is nearly identical to the earlier Blu-ray release, the words "Experience High Definition" appear in silver foil, (not gray), and Dolby TrueHD is listed among the audio tracks on the back of the box on this new edition.

Yeah, first pressing was over and done with in like 08. I have the old version still sealed.. but Game Crazy is kind of out of business.. so I'm SOL

[quote name='seether254']I dont know what iteration this one is, but since its being packaged with another film my guess is that the studio is trying to get rid of the copies with inferior picture quality.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's the remastered version.

only 1 review which states:

"These 2 disc pack of movies have been packaged to look exactly like the versions with a full set of extras. Unfortunately these discs are barebones and contain no "real" extras. Fans of the movies will want the full disc not these bare versions."

If their are no extras.. thast kind a bummer.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']only 1 review which states:

"These 2 disc pack of movies have been packaged to look exactly like the versions with a full set of extras. Unfortunately these discs are barebones and contain no "real" extras. Fans of the movies will want the full disc not these bare versions."

If their are no extras.. thast kind a bummer.[/QUOTE]

I saw that but I'm positive that reviewer doesn't know what they're talking about.

Look at the same exact product on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Fifth-Element-Gattaca-Blu-ray/dp/B003DF457S/ref=pd_cp_mov_1

You'll notice the pictures, the description, and the reviews state that these are the same as the individual releases and have all the same features. Now the features are pretty barebones for The Fifth element so that in itself could be why the clueless reviewer though they removed them.

I bought the Fifth Element & Gattaca two-pack a year and a half ago and it had the proper, remastered version of Fifth Element. I don't think anyone needs to worry about getting that old version at this point, but a simple Google search will show you how to spot the differences in packaging.

The link doesn't have all that are in store. The only other ones I remember seeing are Hancock/Ghost Rider and 30 Days of Night/Prom Night. I would have put up a complete list, but didn't have anything at the store to make a list.

I'd be down for the Ghost Rider/Hancock 2 pack. Also one of the few people that enjoyed Silent Hill....aside from the daughter in the movie. But UltraViolet ugghhhh so badddd.

bread's done
Back