Best Buy Blu Ray: Day the Earth Stood Still - 9.99, Monster Squad 12.99

cirodot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I didn't notice this listed anywhere in the forum. I was at Best Buy today, and I noticed that both of these Blu Rays are on sale until 01/02. Not a bad price for anyone looking to upgrade either film to blu.

The remake on Blu-ray comes with the original The Day the Earth Stood Still, if you want both versions. I suppose $10 is pretty good for the original.

$10 for the original is a steal considering that a) the remake sucked ass and b) the version packed with the remake doesn't have all the bonus features that are on the individual release.

Thanks for the heads up!

picked up Monster Squad last week for that price at BB. Movie has lasted the test of time though... still good... wasn't expecting it to be how I remembered it, but it was :)

[quote name='JokerCard']$10 for the original is a steal considering that a) the remake sucked ass and b) the version packed with the remake doesn't have all the bonus features that are on the individual release.

Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]
To be honest, the special features in the original film is very, very, very, very dull and uninteresting. If I'd had known this beforehand, I would have bought the remake because A) I loved that movie and B) it contains the original film.

[quote name='astrotide']There's also a printable $3 coupon off The Day The Earth Stood Still '51 @ smartsource.com, bringing it down to $6.99![/QUOTE]

I think this is for the remake, though.

what tha?!? how come the description says its Full Screen for the BD? Is this even possible?? Is it one of those anti-HD discs??

EDIT: and yes, the coupon is good for the 1951 edition, says so in the description, definitely going to get this now..

[quote name='token2k6']what tha?!? how come the description says its Full Screen for the BD? Is this even possible?? Is it one of those anti-HD discs??

EDIT: and yes, the coupon is good for the 1951 edition, says so in the description, definitely going to get this now..[/QUOTE]

that is it's OAR.

bread's done
Back