Best Buy Blu-ray Deals 9/11 - 9/17

msu89dawgs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
From Blu-ray.com, posted by bigwillygbcs:

Star Wars 9 disc blu ray set $89.99 includes TShirt with Vader on the Front
Star Wars OT or Prequel Triology $39.99 each

Thor Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Copy Limitied Edition with exclusive packaging (Featuring the first image of the THor comics as the back cover art) $22.99

Thor 3D Blu Ray Combo $29.99

Citizen Kane Bluray $29.99
Citizen Kane Bluray Limited Edition Exclusive $49.99 (doesnt say what is exclusive about it)

Xmen First Class Combo Pack Bluray $22.99

3d Blu Ray's for $29.99
Dragon
MegaMind
Monsters and Aliens

TV Shows
Spartacus God of the Arena $24.99
Big Bang Theory Season 4 (with T-Shirt) $39.99
Supeernatural Season 6 )with T-Shirt $49.99
Camelot Season 1 (with T-Shirt) $34.99

[quote name='masterchief2291']am i the only person who finds it odd that a lot of this week's new releases come with t shirts?[/QUOTE]

That's what I came here to post, lol. So many shirts

with the t-shirt thing... my best buy has a TON of t-shirts for sale, bands/tvshows/movies they even have a ton of coffee mugs now too.

How to Train your Dragon in 3D format? Is that new this week? I thought previously that it was only available in the Samsung 3D tv/Glasses bundles...

[quote name='sangredekrazy']How to Train your Dragon in 3D format? Is that new this week? I thought previously that it was only available in the Samsung 3D tv/Glasses bundles...[/QUOTE]That, Megamind and Monsters vs Aliens were all Samsung exclusives previously, like we had with the other recently-released titles of Ice Age 3 and Narnia: Voyage Of The Dawn Treader.

Not sure if they are combo packs with 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC possibilities, or just single-disc stand-alone releases like they did with Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs. They're likely to be Best Buy exclusives for a month or so and then go into general release with Amazon and other retailers.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']How to Train your Dragon in 3D format? Is that new this week? I thought previously that it was only available in the Samsung 3D tv/Glasses bundles...[/QUOTE]

All three of the Dreamworks 3-D Blu-rays had been Samsung exclusives. (How to Train Your Dragon, Monsters vs. Aliens, and Megamind). All three now include a combo 3-D/2-D Blu-ray, and a DVD. I got them Tuesday, since BB had originally screwed up the release date on their web site. If you already have the bundle exclusive versions, and don't care about the DVD, not a big deal. With the possible exception of Monsters vs. Aliens, which had a lossy Dolby Digital 5.1 audio track on the Samsung exclusive 3-D BD, but has a lossless Dolby TrueHD 5.1 track on the retail disc. Depends on your home theater setup as to whether this matters to you or not.

I sold my Samsung exclusive versions on eBay, and replaced them with these. I had already sold my Sony and Panasonic exclusives of Chronicles of Niarnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and bought the retail versions at BB last month, along with Rio 3-D.

Rumor has it that Samsung's next glasses bundle exclusive 3-D BD pack-in will be Kung Fu Panda 2.

Spartacus God of the Arena $24.99

in for this, everything else looks way overpriced, especially the supernatural set.

Does anyone know if you can PM Target's Big Bang price and still get the shirt? Or do they ring up the shirt like free gift cards and deduct the cost from the dvd so it shows up on the receipt as dvd $20 and shirt $20.

[quote name='gossamer']Does anyone know if you can PM Target's Big Bang price and still get the shirt? Or do they ring up the shirt like free gift cards and deduct the cost from the dvd so it shows up on the receipt as dvd $20 and shirt $20.[/QUOTE]
Last year the T-shirt was packaged with the DVD so you could do a price match (I PM'd Ultimate Electronics last year so I could get the better price and the shirt). I was wondering if I PM'd Target if it would mess up the $10 gift card offer for spending $50 on TV assuming of course that I bought another title.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Yep....sticking with Target....unless Walmart has a nice boonus[/QUOTE]

My regional WM ad states that they are having a midnight release party the evening of 9/15. Only freebie it mentions is a Boba Fett poster w/ purchase. Min. 50 per event party(or participating store I assume).

Too bad Amazon isn't throwing anything in.

I had to call bestbuy.com customer support to ask about a $5 plus tax price adjustment each on the three Dreamworks 3-D Blu-rays that released Sunday. They were still $34.99 each when I ordered them, and picked them up in store, last Tuesday. The customer service rep was very helpful, and for some reason, refunded me $24, or $8 per movie, instead of $5 plus tax each. Not that I'm complaining. When I dealt with bb.com online customer service through email about getting a refund of the Nintendo 3DS price drop on August 12, they couldn't issue one single adjustment of the $80 price drop plus tax, and wound up refunding me $7 too much. I think I communicated with at least six different reps before that adjustment was done.

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']anyone know about the thor exclusive? is it a steel book ? wondering if i should get that or the 3D version.[/QUOTE]

Here it is boys and girls Thor BB Exclusive

It's a slipcover, and the cover art is the same as the 2D combo pack.

ThorWM_1.jpg

ThorWM_2.jpg

Couldn't they at least open it so that it show the whole front and back cover? I don't want to see "THO" and a big ass UPC sticker.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing different about the BB edition is the slip. Underneath, it's exactly like the regular BD/DVD/DC edition.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']The only thing different about the BB edition is the slip. Underneath, it's exactly like the regular BD/DVD/DC edition.[/QUOTE]A steelbook would have been nice, though since Amazon matched the price on it, they're obviously an option to pick this up instead of BB. A good number of people don't end up keeping their slipcovers, so this is likely a non-deal for those people.

I went with BB because I had a $10 GC from them that eased the purchase price a bit. Otherwise, I would have gone with Amazon.

I've yet to see a good review of the 3D version of Thor, so that saves some money right there.

[quote name='shrike4242']A steelbook would have been nice, though since Amazon matched the price on it, they're obviously an option to pick this up instead of BB. A good number of people don't end up keeping their slipcovers, so this is likely a non-deal for those people.

I went with BB because I had a $10 GC from them that eased the purchase price a bit. Otherwise, I would have gone with Amazon.

I've yet to see a good review of the 3D version of Thor, so that saves some money right there.[/QUOTE]Same. I had $15 in BB RZ certs so I only paid $8. I think the slip sucks, though; I like the regular edition much more.

I wish I checked this thread out rather than going to the store to check out the "exclusive" Thor at Best Buy. What a joke. As others have said, it's just a slipcover. Nothing special at all. Such a waste of the word "exclusive."

The movie was awesome but I can wait for a lower price, which will probably be next week.

I wish I would have known this before I ordered it. I still can take it back but not sure if I want to bother with it. I was thinking it was a steel book and would have been sold out by the weekend.

bread's done
Back