Best Buy ~ Boxing Day 2010

kyle071785

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They've released a very small sneak peek at their Boxing Day sale items on their facebook page. Gaming related...so far they're only showing Halo: Reach and it seems like it'll be the place to pick it up as its going for $34.99 ($5 less that FS)

I'll update when more information is known. Also a set of speakers ($1000 off) and a Bluetooth headset for $15 if you need one.

Rest of the stuff:

Xbox 360 4GB Console $129.99
PS3 160G w/ God of War 3 and Infamous $299
PS3 320GB Home Theatre Bundle w/ Uncharted 2, Karate Kid, ModNation $369
Ear Force X11 $39
Ear Force P21 $59
Wii w/ wii sports and wii sports resort $179
PSP God of War GHost of Sparta Bundle w/ Kick-Ass and 1st PSP God of War $149

$19.99 Titles:
Forza 3 ~ 360
UFC 2010 ~PS3/360
FF13 ~PS3/360
Splinter Cell: Conviction ~360
Halo ODST ~360
Crackdown 2 ~360
Alan Wake ~360
Batman: AA ~360/PS3
Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics ~Wii
Bioshock 2 ~PS3/360
Super Street Fighter IV ~PS3/360
CoD: WaW ~ PS3/360
CoD: MW ~ PS3/360

$29.99 Titles:
Kinectimals ~ 360
Joy Ride ~ 360
Dance Central ~360

$34.99 Titles:
Halo Reach ~ 360
CoD: MW2 ~ 360/PS3

$39.99 titles:
FO:NV ~ 360/PS3
AC: Brotherhood ~360/PS3
Star Wars: TFU2 ~360/PS3
RDR ~ 360/PS3
Civ 5 ~ PC
Dead Rising 2 ~360/PS3
Castlevania: LoS ~ 360/PS3
LEGO Harry Potter ~ 360/PS3

$49.99 titles:
CoD: Blops ~360/PS3
NHL Slapshot ~ Wii
NHL11 ~ 360/PS3
NFS: Hot Pursuit ~ 360/PS3
Medal of Hono(u)r ~360/PS3

B1G1 PSMove titles

$6.99 (over 20 to choose) & $9.99 (over 40 to choose) Blu-Rays

How I met your mother seasons 1-5 $9.99 each

Smallville seasons 1-8 $16.99 each

Energizer (20-pack) AA batteries $9.99

2nd Gen iPod Touch 8GB $179

4th Gen iPod Touch 8GB $229 32GB $289 64GB $389

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

since they have pretty much every other deal from the other stores at least I can do all my shopping at one place (and online)...not to mention the Reward Zone points

Last edited by a moderator:
Flyer is up on some forums, same garbage on sale as everywhere else. 4GB 360s and Move games. You can really tell what didn't sell this holiday season.

Best Buy

PS3 160GB Playstation 3 Bundle with Infamous and God of War III - $299.99
$19.99: Forza 3, Final Fantasy XIII, Alan Wake, Bioshock 2, Super Street Fighter IV, Crackdown 2, Halo ODST, SCC, Mario & Sonic Winter, UFC 2010
$39.99: Red Dead Redemption, Dead Rising 2, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, ACB, Fallout NV, SW Force Unleashed 2, Civ 5, Lego Harry Potter,
$29.99: Dance Central, Kinectimals, Joy Ride
Black Ops $49.99
MW2 $34.99
World at War $19.99
MW1 $19.99
BOGO Move titles: Start the Party, Eyepet, KF Rider, Shoot, Fight, Bowling
$49.99: NHL Slapstick, Meadow of Honor, NFS Hot Pursuit, NHL 11
Halo Reach $34.99
EarForce X11 $39.99
EarForce P21 $59.99
iCon Wiimote and Nunchuk $19.99
PSP God of War Sparta $149.99
PS3 320GB Home Theatre Bundle with Uncharted 2, Karate Kid, ModNation $369.99
PS3 Bluetooth Headset $9.99
Wii console with WSR $179.99

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Meadow of Honor[/QUOTE]

Is that the game where you refrain from using guns and hurt the evil hippies by throwing flower stems in their eyes? :p

[quote name='Mr.']Is Ear Force P21 the same as PX21? Does it work with PS3 and 360?[/QUOTE]

the P21's work with the PS3 & PC...not sure if they're the same thing as the PX21 though

the X11's work with the 360 & PC (if anyone needed the info)

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I will forever refer to that game as BLOPS now.[/QUOTE]

I prefer Black Cod, but no one seems to have picked up on it. ;)

The 2nd gen iPod Touch is ice-cold. It sold at $200, and for 2-year-tech you'd expect more than $20 off.

When exactly does the sale end (as I'll be somewhere with no BestBuy in the area)? Though probably won't matter, that's a pretty good price for iPod Touch 4th gen.

[quote name='CaptainKishimoto']When exactly does the sale end (as I'll be somewhere with no BestBuy in the area)? Though probably won't matter, that's a pretty good price for iPod Touch 4th gen.[/QUOTE]

you can always order online if you're not near a store (free shipping and a hell of a lot easier)

argh...

I'm staring at my cart online and see Fallout: New Vegas, Dead Rising 2, Star Wars: TFU2 and Castlevania: LoS

can't decide which games to actually purchase (if any). Should I wait until the go cheaper than $39 or just grab them now. Maybe I should just sleep on it

God this sale was horrible. It took me 2 and a half hours just to complete my order. Got Halo: Reach, Alan Wake, Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3: ODST and some cheap Blu-rays though so I guess it wasn't a total loss. Hopefully they can actually fulfill it.

yeah took a hour and a bit and then 11.99 kickass blu was sold out. So I ended up grabbing 2 7.99 cds instead.

How I met your mother season 5 was still in stock so alls good.

360, ipod alarm clock radio with built in 7" lcd screen, ufc 10, and about 5 blu's for me
no need to go to the store on sunday morn :whistle2:D

[quote name='kyle071785']argh...

I'm staring at my cart online and see Fallout: New Vegas, Dead Rising 2, Star Wars: TFU2 and Castlevania: LoS

can't decide which games to actually purchase (if any). Should I wait until the go cheaper than $39 or just grab them now. Maybe I should just sleep on it[/QUOTE]

pass for sure, unless you dont have a backlog.. in which case fallout & castlevania at most (dont know its length though)

[quote name='Pajo']360, ipod alarm clock radio with built in 7" lcd screen, ufc 10, and about 5 blu's for me
no need to go to the store on sunday morn :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Ah man I was looking at that iPod clock, it looks sweet!

I just ended up getting a 16GB USB drive lol, no point in getting any of the games on sale, since I already own a good chunk of them. Had a look-out for earphones, too, but nothing really caught my fancy.

[quote name='kyle071785']argh...

can't decide which games to actually purchase (if any). Should I wait until the go cheaper than $39 or just grab them now. Maybe I should just sleep on it[/QUOTE]
Fallout: New Vegas is definitely worth $39. My 1st playthrough took me 55 hours. If you liked Fallout 3, it's a no-brainer at this price. I'm pretty confident that DR2 and Castlevania will be cheaper in the coming months.

all I ended up getting was Dead Rising 2 as I got a giftcard for Xmas and I had just run through Case Zero so it was still fresh in my mind. I've decided to wait on Fallout NV until the GotY version hits with all the DLC...save some cash that way

Castlevania and SW:TFU2 will be cheaper soon enough

1 game...this is the least amount of games I've ever purchased on a boxing day sale

The Ear Force P21 headset was confusing because that model specific isn't even on Turtle Beach's website. It's an older PS3-only model and I saw them lying around at Best Buy a few days before Christmas. I figured I'm not going to waste my money.

While I was trying to dodge people pushing around two or three of those giant Canon printers at Best Buy today, I found a bunch of those PX21 headsets and didn't see the P21 around so I guess they cleared those out. The PX21 are the newer model that support PS3 & 360 and they're going for $59.99. They're currently going for $99.99 at Futureshop and on sale at GameStop for $79.99.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I guess the earliest they're gonna ship any of our stuff would be Wednesday? Postal service took off work Monday and Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
My Amazon order shipped sunday and my Best Buy order shipped today or at least I got e-mails SAYING that.

That's a shock, nice to hear. Canada Post website said they're taking off Mon & Tues and the post office & mail delivery will be closed, but maybe they're still working behind the scenes? I had a package delivery attempt on Friday 8am which I missed and I have to wait until Wed. to pick it up, they not only took off those two days but they closed early on Friday before I could pick up the package and it was an Xmas gift. Arg!

My Best Buy order still has the Cancel option so I don't think it's shipping any time soon...

Dammit, now Wednesday and it says I can still cancel the order so not shipping today. I'm gonna have my new mouse pad today, want my new mouse to go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Best Buy restocked some of thier games in store. I was hunting up and down, left and right all week for Forza 3 with no luck. Luckily the rep told me to check today as they might get it on the Wednesday night truck, and they did. (Oakville, ON)

So anybody who couldn't find what they were looking for, it might be worth checking in again today before the sale ends.

Was hoping to get Just Cause 2 for $20, still out of stock though. Amazon has it for that price but I don't want anything else that'd bring it up to free shipping.

I'm pretty frustrated that they don't appear to be shipping my mouse this week. It's said In Stock ever since I bought it on the 25th and they're still giving me the "cancel order" option. Means they haven't charged me and probably won't send it til next week. Usually they will charge me and remove that option a few days before shipping.

Whoa, PapaLau thanks for your post. I checked again and they had one copy of Just Cause 2 so I grabbed it! I had checked about 2 hours ago and there were none. I think by the time I completed my order it had gone out of stock again but I was far enough along in the transaction that they let me complete it. I don't think I got the last one.

I can't remember if it was someone on CAG or if I Google'd it, but I remember seeing somewhere that BB (or maybe it was FS) would price match Boxing Week sales, while not PM'ing Boxing Day sales. Can anyone confirm what their policy is? I was shot down on a PM tonight for computer stuff, but might give it another go tomorrow if I have the time. Thanks!

I am on the same boat, wanted to get Just Cause 2 and it was sold out online @ FS and BB. I ended up getting it from Amazon, and paid $2 shipping. I was debating to get Kane and Lynch / Lost Planet 2 to get free shipping, but ended up spending $2 and saved $18 xD

[quote name='Jamaal23']I can't remember if it was someone on CAG or if I Google'd it, but I remember seeing somewhere that BB (or maybe it was FS) would price match Boxing Week sales, while not PM'ing Boxing Day sales. Can anyone confirm what their policy is? I was shot down on a PM tonight for computer stuff, but might give it another go tomorrow if I have the time. Thanks![/QUOTE]

To confirm, BB and FS will NOT match prices on Dec. 26 and 27. They should match after that (though I had a CSR tell me otherwise). I did this successfully yesterday with a couple of EB prices but had to go to the Customer Service desk for the 10% difference (and was given okay by FS location's Operation Manager).

[quote name='PuppetYuber']I am on the same boat, wanted to get Just Cause 2 and it was sold out online @ FS and BB. I ended up getting it from Amazon, and paid $2 shipping. I was debating to get Kane and Lynch / Lost Planet 2 to get free shipping, but ended up spending $2 and saved $18 xD[/QUOTE]
I realized later that I had paid $2 shipping at Best Buy as well. If I knew Amazon shipping was only $2 I might have gone with them before I found that last copy at BB. In the past I seem to recall Amazon shipping was a flat $5 per order plus like $3 or more per game.

Isn't it strange how in the last few days Amazon is listing games at a really high default price via third party, and then if you click the "8 new from $___" and then it'll show the Amazon new price that's like $20 lower. Crazy, I noticed that on several games.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I realized later that I had paid $2 shipping at Best Buy as well. If I knew Amazon shipping was only $2 I might have gone with them before I found that last copy at BB. In the past I seem to recall Amazon shipping was a flat $5 per order plus like $3 or more per game.

Isn't it strange how in the last few days Amazon is listing games at a really high default price via third party, and then if you click the "8 new from $___" and then it'll show the Amazon new price that's like $20 lower. Crazy, I noticed that on several games.[/QUOTE]

Ya I found that rather weird, but since it's the first time I encountered it with the game 999 I thought it was the norm for backlog games

[quote name='games4less']To confirm, BB and FS will NOT match prices on Dec. 26 and 27. They should match after that (though I had a CSR tell me otherwise). I did this successfully yesterday with a couple of EB prices but had to go to the Customer Service desk for the 10% difference (and was given okay by FS location's Operation Manager).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick answer. I tried again today, but didn't have any luck. Price difference was quite huge for these computer HDs (they would have had to cut a total of $77 dollars off their price to match+beat), so I figured they'd deny the PM. Oh well, worth a shot. Just ordered them online. Thanks again.

[quote name='Jamaal23']Thanks for the quick answer. I tried again today, but didn't have any luck. Price difference was quite huge for these computer HDs (they would have had to cut a total of $77 dollars off their price to match+beat), so I figured they'd deny the PM. Oh well, worth a shot. Just ordered them online. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

That shouldn't really impact it... Three years ago I priced matched at best buy for an external HD and the difference was 60+ dollars. They did it with a smile on their face, I remember price matching it to staple too.

bread's done
Back